We rented my friends time share at the ABC for 7 nights and had a wonderful time. Aruba is a fantastic island and I highly recommend visiting. The Aruba Beach Club was a little old and tired, but not too bad. The beach there was beautiful and it's a quick walk to Eagle Beach. It wasn't too busy the week we went, which was nice, but it was their low season so I am sure it's busy during high season. The crowd was a bit on the older side, which we were fine with, but it's not the place to go if you're there to party. They had 3 happy hours daily, 2 for 1 drinks, which was GREAT! The bartender, Lynn, was awesome! Monday is all you can eat BBQ...yum! Tuesday is karaoke night, which we didn't participate in, but made for great people watching! Housekeeping was great, but keep in mind that there is no housekeeping service on Sundays, only towel service. Location is good, quick cab ride to high rise section and downtown. It's located across the street from a plaza with a market, some fast food restaurants including a Dunkin Donuts and a casino. Right outside the ABC on the sidewalk is a little food cart which has awesome food, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, bagels, etc. YUM! Service is a bit on the slow side there because it's a one-woman show, but who cares, you're on vacation!
The fitness center is really, really small and is located at the property directly next to the ABC (quick walk). The equipment was nice and well maintained though. You need to get there before 8am to get a treadmill or else there will be a line.
The only low part was the horrific front desk staff. I work in a hotel in NYC and travel quite a bit and don't know if I have ever encountered a worse front desk staff. From the second we checked in they were unfriendly and every time we approached them with a question or request it seemed like we were bothering them (this is when the acknowledged us!). There is no concierge, so they said they could make restaurant reservations for us...apparently "could" and "would" are 2 different things! On 2 separate occasions we asked them to make a reservation for us at Madame Janettes and both times it wasn't done, this is even with a follow up phone call where I was told she would "do it at the end of 'her' shift" which she didn't. My friend I was travelling with got really sick while she was there and I went down to get some help from the front desk, and I don't think they could have cared less. They basically told me they couldn't help me. I asked for a list of doctors in the area, and the request apparently was annoying to them because I was met with an eye roll, a sigh and the slowest walk I have ever seen back to their office to retrieve it. Luckily one of the maintenance workers was there as well and he showed me where I could buy a thermometer and medicine.
Although the front desk was bad, the ABC was pretty great. We had an awesome vacation and would definitely stay there again. I just think the GM needs to do a full customer service training with the FD staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreaming of Paradise? Come and enjoy your next Caribbean Vacation at the Aruba Beach Club!! There's something for everyone at the Aruba Beach Club. Located directly on the beach, this family oriented time-sharing resort boasts an Olympic size swimming pool, children's facilities, tennis courts, outstanding friendly service, clean, well maintained suites and of course the fabulous beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Aruba Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Beach Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Beach Hotel
- Aruba Beach Resort
- Aruba Beach Club Palm - Eagle Beach