“Awesome stay at the Aruba Beach Club!” 5 of 5 stars

Aruba Beach Club
53 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach 00000, Aruba   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“Awesome stay at the Aruba Beach Club!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Aruba Beach Club Jan 2013 with my family and it was awesome. It's a low key place so if you are looking for a crazy party seen this is NOT the place for you. The resort is kept very clean, it's right on the water, and everyone was so nice. We enjoyed being able to walk from our room to the pool to the beach. Perfect place for a vacation. Also, the location of the resort is great because you are near everything!!! I cannot wait to go back to ABC!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view! They have 1 building that is across the street so make sure you d...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

book vation at abc last june met many new friends. location great room great, pool bar nice everything was so nice we ended up buying a timeshare on the 26th week and can't wait to go back this year. we rented a car and had no problem driving on island eat at many different resteraunts they were all great as well as everything else on island

Room Tip: they are all nice
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was one of the three time shares we stayed at during our three week vacation. Beach wasawesome, resturaunt was awesome, location was great and the beach front unit was sparkling. Best place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

ABC is a nice resort located close to the airport on a nice stretch of beach.
Pros:
Rooms are incredibly clean.
All units have basic kitchens.
The mini mart at the hotel carries staples such as milk, water, and sodas.
Morning water aerobic classes on weekdays are simply superb.
The real supermarket is within walking distance.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Cons:
The beach is small and was almost entirely washed away during a storm. I am not sure when it is going to be restored to its former glory.
The activities center was closed for most of our trip.
There are no water sports near by. We had to travel to the Eagle Beach for our snorkeling trip.
If you need to change a room, you still need move out of your room at 11 am. There are no places to store your belonging on any day other than Saturday and there is absolutely no late check out. We had to leave our room at 11 am and spend a day at the airport because our flight was at 4 pm.
To sum, I recommend the resort highly. Please try to confirm the checkout time in advance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
new jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband and I exchanged our week to stay at Aruba Beach Club through Interval World.  This resort is below standards. The resort is old and outdated.  It is begging for renovation. Service is practically non-existent. When we checked in it seemed that only 1 person could check you in even though 4 people were behind the desk. The front desk girls were never friendly or helpful.  Very unlike the Aruban people.

The room is very outdated, especially the kitchen and it's supplies.  I was afraid to use the tea pot because it was so old.  They tried to update the bathroom but the fan did not work so the bathroom would steam up if you didn't leave the door open..  The beds, bedspreads and the pillows are old too.

The pool needs a lot of work. You can only use part of the pool because one end is deep so you get a lot of people standing in one area.  It was dirty when we were there.

The beach is never cleaned, cigarette buds all over. People claim their chairs the night before which is very annoying.  This does happen a lot at other timeshares too.  They need someone around to monitor it.

We will never return to this resort.  I have exchanged my timeshare and bought getaways for 20 years and this is the worst resort I ever stayed at.

The last 3 nights we left and went to the Hyatt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

just this past November we stayed at the Aruba Beach Club. I highly recommend this facility if you are looking for immediate access to a beautiful beach, clean efficient rooms, easy access to shopping and attractions then this is the place for you! and the staff is terrific!
we used RCI points and are anxious to go again with children and grandchildren next time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I understand people saying this place is older, and compared to the high rises, it is. Who cares? It's clean, maintained, and has everything you would need for a nice stay. Technically you could probably stay on the resort all week and be perfectly happy with everything you need.

My husband and I were fortunate enough to be invited by my parents to go to Aruba for a week. They booked us the room at ABC, so I wasn't sure what to expect since I usually do all the research for room and board. My husband and I were definitely not disappointed. The room was that of any resort room, decent size with two queen beds, some furniture, and a flat screen tv. The kitchen had a full size fridge, a sink, and a cook top. For me, the balcony and the view were what impressed me the most. I would have spent the entire trip on the balcony if we could have. The first day we went grocery shopping so we could take breakfast and lunch in the room, which was fantastic. As bird lovers, it was awesome to wake up every morning and have coffee and breakfast on the balcony while birds of all colors and shapes flew around the property. The resident iguanas were also very entertaining.

The outdoor restaurant on the beach was one of the stars for this resort. The cook there obviously takes a lot of pride in the things he makes, so even simple things like eggs benedict were out of this world. You could eat breakfast there for Waffle House prices basically, but the food was much better. I even took a coconut to the cook I found on an excursion, and he cut it up for me and gave me a little straw so I could drink the water out of it. Very hospitable.

The pool bar was a nice respite from the sun. They have multiple happy hours during the day and the drink selection was very good. Can't really beat watching Sunday football on a flat screen while sipping a Mai Tai and watching the sun set.

The resort convenience store was a life saver more than once. It definitely has all kinds of things you never would think you need but end up forgetting and wanting to have with you. It's pricey, but everything on the island is.

For younger couples who might be looking for a little more action, I would say the low rise area probably isn't the place to get it. We were probably the youngest couple within a few resorts, which was fine with us because we were just looking to relax. It was definitely quiet at night, but really nice to sit outside and have a drink (or three).

We were there during the off season, so they were doing a little bit of construction work. The only time it was irritating was at night when we were sitting outside playing cards, but it didn't last long.

Overall, this was a great resort, great location, and if we ever get the money to go back to Aruba, we would definitely consider staying at ABC again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Aruba Beach Club? Share your experiences!