We decided to stay at the Aruba Beach club on a whim, in addition to the fact that we have family with timeshares on this property. As other posters have mentioned,it is an older property. I've been told that it is one of the first timeshare properties on the island. Despite being old, it is well maintained, very clean, and has one of the best sandy beaches I've ever visited. The pools are OK, but do not have a swim up bar (which is a fantastic feature) like some of the other properties on the island. However, the pool bar is good, with good drinks, great staff, and 2 for 1 happy hours every day. The crowd on the property is older and mostly retirees from the Northeast U.S.
Amenities include a laundromat, internet cafe, sundries, a casual restaurant, and other shops. WiFi is available for a fee. Go to wifi-aruba.com for rates and instructions on how to get access. I purchased a one week package for $35. I tested the internet speed and it is approximately 1mbps, which is a bit too for skype or streaming video, but adequate for viewing web pages.
There is a casino nearby (Alhambra) that was recently refurbished, along with a new marketplace next to it that has some shops, a fancy wine bar, restaurants, and some home chain restaurant favorites such as Baskin-Robbins, Dunkin Donuts, and Little Caesar's Pizza.
Overall, I would not recommend the Aruba Beach Club for anyone under the age of 50. There are better choices on the island such as the nearby Marriot properties which are better for younger adults and couples with small children. In addition, the price of the room per night for non-timeshare folks was a bit high considering what you get for your money.
- Also Known As:
- Aruba Beach Club Hotel
- Aruba Beach Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Beach Hotel
- Aruba Beach Resort
- Aruba Beach Club Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreaming of Paradise? Come and enjoy your next Caribbean Vacation at the Aruba Beach Club!! There's something for everyone at the Aruba Beach Club. Located directly on the beach, this family oriented time-sharing resort boasts an Olympic size swimming pool, children's facilities, tennis courts, outstanding friendly service, clean, well maintained suites and of course the fabulous beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Aruba Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.