“Nice spot” 4 of 5 stars

53 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach 00000, Aruba   |
White Plains, New York
“Nice spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is an older facility that shows some wear but is kept in great shape. The staff is very good. The rooms are average sized with decks.. The pool is very nice. The beach is great. They have a nice bar with great bartenders. My wife loved the salads and I had some great burgers there. This is an older crowd. I wouldn't suggest this If you have infants or young children either. If you want to be in the middle of all the action, then you have to stay in the high rise area. This is a GREAT place to get away from it all and just chill out. There are plenty of restaurants in Aruba that you can drive to or take a short cab ride to.. We will return.

Room Tip: Get a high numbered room like 235 or higher but an odd number.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

156 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Midland Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from our honeymoon, and the Aruba Beach Club was exactly what we were looking for. There were not a lot of young couples there, definitely an older crowd, but it's so easy to get a cab and head over to the high rise area if you're looking for nightlife. The resort itself is nothing fancy, but the service and hospitality was great. We ate a few times at the Tortuga Bar and were always pleased with the food. The beach was quiet, and in August it was easy to get a prime spot without having to wake up at 5am. We loved having the kitchen in the room, that way we could make breakfast and lunch on our own. There's also a great wine and piano bar across the street called Fusion that we loved going to. Overall, our stay was quiet and relaxing, and we will definitely be returning to the Aruba Beach Club in the future.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This older but updated timeshare has the charm of Aruba. Staff is super friendly, beach is calm and kid friendly. The folks staying at this resort have been coming to Aruba and staying at ABC for many years , this alone will tell you that this resort is doing it correctly.

The staff makes you feel at home even if you just visiting from another resort.
Rooms are OK, clean, and have been updated many times over the years. again this is a older resort not much you can do except rebuild.
If your looking for that old Aruba charm, the Aruba Beach Club has it.

Room Tip: Most rooms are facing the pool , Beach is a short walk from any room.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was our 8th trip to Aruba & The Aruba Beach Club!! This year we stayed July 13-21. We own a timeshare on Cape Cod with Interval International every other year, so we trade into the Beach Club & on the off year we go onto the members web site & rent from one of them.
We usually stay in a studio, but for some reason Intervale gave us a 1 bedroom, so we stayed in room 307, overlooking the Beach Club & great overall views. Out back on our floor which is overlooking the parking lot, we saw some BEAUTIFUL sunrises!!! Our room was very nice, very clean & the AC worked just fine. Nice new Flat screen TV's, really awesome balcony. Really enjoyed sitting out there early in the morning, so peacfull, there was a bright yellow parrot flying around very cool to see!! We could see the ocean, one day a cruise ship was out there!!. Can't say enough great things about the housekeeping, they came every day, very pleasant & thorough!!
The front desk - well they are the BEST!! Liza & her staff were so welcoming , friendly & very helpful. I was also so pleased to have finnally met Ida in reservations, we have e-mailed but this year I introduced myself. And as for Patricia & her awesome staff in the restuarant, they are just like talking to someone in your family. LOVE them. We had breakfast every day & they always had a big smile, & I might add that some of them work long shifts, day thru 10PM!!!! The breakfasts are great, love the omlets with gouda cheese, & of couse my favorite blueberry pancakes!! My better half usually had the breakfast special or eggs always piping hot!!! We ate on the all you can eat BBQ night, delish, my better half had seconds, I couldn't eat all my first!!!! The rest. is located right on the beach, so beautiful to sit there & look out onto that all the time. I'd like to also mention a very hardworking towel Lady, I apologize I cannot remember her name, but to sit there in that heat 10-6, WOW & the groundskeeper, you can see the pride in his work, & the pool lady does a great job every day keeping the pool looking so clean. Last but not least Security was very visable all week, always a smile when spoken to.
The beach was in great shape, although the surf was really rough a couple of days, so a little step down to the water, no big deal though. We never had trouble getting a papala. Loved hearing the entertainment during happy house all week. Steel drums & 2 young men singers, really great job. As you can tell we really do love it there we just feel really comfortable & safe.
Love the Silver shop on site we have bought a few things there, I think he has pretty good price & I do like the merchandise he has.
We are looking forward to hopefully going again next year. We realize these are very hardworking people & we appreciated them so much!! Once again we like to send a BIG thank you to all of the staff at the Beach Club!!
Sincerely
Kathy & Jim Cedrone

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Bar at ABC Is the most amazing service bar ...From Lynne to Marcelita to Raquel....fantastic ladies....the managers are tops in their field....The group of people that were there ,were Just having a good time....that is all.!!!
The peanut incident was not accurate...the person overreacted..period.
I guess APOLOGIES ... are not truly accepted.
The music was picked by the people and for the people.
ARUBA BEACH CLUB our home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Stokesdale, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I own weeks 44 and 45. We have been going to Aruba yearly for the last 6 years. Having stayed at other resorts on the Island we are hooked on the ABC. We have become friends with many of the other owners and remain in touch through out the year until weeks 44 and 45 come around again!! As far as the beach, BEAUTIFUL I dont think there is another one as nice on the Island!! The staff are so friendly and helpful. Some years we have brought our 10 yr old son, and other years have brought my 78 yr old mother. And both have enjoyed every second of every day. Something to please everyone! Cant wait.....4 more months. ABC....here we come!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at Aruba Beach Club July 7th-14th. This was our second time at ABC. We also stayed in Casa Del Mar June 30th-July 6th.

Room: We stayed in a room on the fourth floor. It is a one bedroom room. The size of the room was good. The bedroom was big and had 2 full size beds. There was also a fold out couch. The view from the balcony was very nice. We could see the ocean and the sunset. Problems: The A/C was not working properly. The resort tried fixing the A/C one day, but it did not work after they said that they had fixed it. Also, the toilet got clogged around 11p.m. There was no plunger. After calling the front desk, we were told that they could not do anything for us until the morning. We eventually solved the problem using our creativity.... not ideal.

Grounds: The beach is beautiful. The sand is pink/white and does not get too hot in the sun. There are plenty of palapas on the beach. We got to the beach around 9am most days and were able to get a front palapa. The ocean can be rough, but it was always swim-able. Some days the water had more seaweed than others. However the last couple days of our stay the water was crystal clear blue and calm. The pool is small but clean. There is a bar right next to the pool and there is a restaurant on the beach.

The Bar- This was the only real negative part of our stay. There was a large group of very loud people who would be at the bar every day. The music was loud, and you could often hear it from the beach. On many occasions I did not find the music suitable for children and families, as many families with young children would be by the pool. One day my father and my sister (who has a peanut allergy) went to the bar to get drinks. A woman who was part of the loud group was standing behind the bar throwing peanuts at the people around the bar saying "I hope no one is allergic to peanuts" and laughing. Peanuts were not only hitting people but were going into the ice at the bar and other areas of the bar. Therefore my sister could not drink from the bar because there was a chance that the drinks could be contaminated with peanuts. This was a frustrating situation for us because if my sister and father had not walked to the bar at that minute and seen the woman throwing peanuts my sister could have had an allergic reaction. I am sure that many other people have allergies and this is just a dangerous situation for everyone. Needless to say, we were disappointed that the bartenders did not have control of the bar. If the bartenders had not let people go behind the bar this may not have happened. We spoke to the manager at the ABC, who understood our concern but told us that the bar is not owned by the ABC so all she could do was bring it to the owner's attention. I feel that something needs to be done about this because it is dangerous for people with allergies and it also reflects badly on the ABC.

Activities- I played bingo which was fun. However bingo at the Casa del Mar had better prizes. The two resorts switch days for bingo, so if the ABC does not have bingo on one day, the Casa Del Mar will probably have it. There are various activities for children, and there is water aerobics in the morning.

Overall my family had a great stay. We used the bar at Casa del Mar (Matthew's) instead of the bar at the ABC. It had a better bar scene. It was more quiet and controlled.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 4 have a great view of the ocean/ sunset
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Aruba Beach Club? Share your experiences!