“Good Food, Good Service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ike's Bistro

Ike's Bistro
J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 55 | at Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa, Palm - Eagle Beach 99999, Aruba
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mediterranean, Vegetarian, International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Ike’s Bistro boasts a delicious menu of chef’s specialties. While Mediterranean at heart, it is inspired by Caribbean ingredients and chef Ever de Peña his passion for avant-garde fusion ideas. With seating in the garden terrace or around the tropical pool, the experience is enchanting and all menu items are extremely enticing. Let the chef surprise you with his 4-course tasting menu accompanied with a great selection of wines from the Mediterranean and the Americas.
Sterling, Virginia
“Good Food, Good Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I ate here two of the ten days we spent in Aruba for our honeymoon- partly out of convenience (being next door to our resort) and partly because the bread was so good! This is nowhere near the best place we ate on the island of Aruba but it is an all-around solid experience. The food is good (especially the grouper and red snapper), the services is good and the prices are fair. My only negative would be that they seat tables around the hotel pool, where hotel guests are still permitted to swim. If staying on Eagle Beach, I'd recommend Ike's but I wouldn't consider it a "must go" if it were out of the way.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sharon, Massachusetts
“Outstanding service, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and stayed at the Manchebo resort for our honeymoon, and Ike's Bistro is one of the restaurant's at the resort. The restaurant itself is very nice, pool side seating looking out over the beach, it's a beautiful view, there is often live music as well which is nice. We've grown accustomed to on site restaurants being more about convenience that quality over the years, but that is not at all the case here, the food is amazing! We ate there almost every night, tried something different each time, and were never disappointed. You really can't go wrong, it was all delicious. We had Jason a couple of times over the course of the week and he was great, he had wonderful suggestions regarding the restaurant (try the tasting menu, it's really fun!), but he also had great suggestions for day time trips around the island which was helpful for us. I can't say enough about how happy we were with our numerous visits to Ike's, it is worth the trip even if you're staying elsewhere.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Sveral visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

They serve Tapas here and we ate these on two occasions. Both times I had mushrooms and my wife shrimps with a creme brule for desert.Excellent with a nice friendly lady at the bar.
We heard the Cuban sax/clarinet player who was very good so went for a full meal on two occasions he was playing. We had the same table at the side of the pool both times.
I had tomato soup,possibly the best ever,followed by Red Snapper and my wife Wanut and Fetta salad followed by Beef Mignon. All were excellent and the right proportions for us.{Most cater for the American size)They also served a Riesling,my favourite.
The second time the Tomato soup was a little more spicy and I had Grouper which I thought better than the Snapper. My wife had the same starter and a beef fillet.Again with a creme brule and I had the Riesling.Could not fault any and our waiter Jason was lovely.

New York City, New York
“Good restaurant in lovely pool-side setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The experience here was all about the setting and for my taste the wonderful saxophone player. Not in your face at all and really a very accomplished musician. (He is NOT there every night.) The service was a little 'bumpy'. It seems our party of four confused our server as two of us didn't wish to have appetizers and all four ordered entrees. Seemed to take for every and of course, entrees were served too close to when the appetizers arrived. The food was delicious and everyone was happy with their meals. The outdoor setting has a nice view of the rest of the resort and beach. While we dined with friends, there were mostly couples the night we ate there and I can see how this would be the perfect spot for special night.

• Visited September 2013
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Ike's Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stay at Manchebo and therefore eat breakfast at Ike's Bistro every morning of our stay. Last year Ike's added a buffet breakfast which is very appetizing. Please note that Ike's is somewhat open air and therefore the way they handled the covering of the food items was appreciated. I vary my food choices daily but am never disappointed. Cannot say enough about the staff. We are a family of 6 or more each trip and we are treated like royalty. Cleanliness, food, staff and value are all part of our return for trip #14 in 2014!!!!

• Visited April 2013