“A hotel with an aura.......something special” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   L.G. Smith Boulavard 55 B, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Special Offer
FREE BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI
London
“A hotel with an aura.......something special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Bucuti last year,I have been all over the world,I have never been back to anywhere,but we have come back....to my great dismay,the bucuti is having renovations ,so was unable to stay there,so we are next door...which is a great hotel,great staff etc,but my heart lies with the Bucuti..there is something about it..like I say an aura,it's not the plushest hotel I have stayed in..but it is the best..I don't know why,the beach is beautiful,the staff were AMAZING, the breakfast was great,the staff made it special!! Deborah,the manager has done it perfectly...she herself is great,always there with a smile and a conversation,and remembers you...not many hotels I can ever say I've stayed in and the manager speaks to you,let alone remember you!!!! Personally I can't wait till next year to come back AGAIN to the new improved Bucuti!!!! I cannot rate this hotel high enough!!!! For me to go back a third time....well!!!! Enjoy!!

Room Tip: The rooms were pretty average,if you want plush,go for a suit in the Tara! But there was absolutely...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

2,396 people have reviewed this hotel

1920
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My review is a long time coming! My husband and I stayed in the Tara Suites in October 2011 for our honeymoon. This was our second time in Aruba and we have not stopped reminiscing since coming back home. We had previously stayed in the high-rise area in the past, which is nice and convenient to access restaurants, however restaurants were quickly accessible from Bucuti by a cab ride. (Cab recommended as there are not many side walks in this low-rise area, and would not recommend walking in the street). Cab rides should be fairly inexpensive. Bucuti had very good food available at their restaurant, but be prepared to wait, service is slow, as everyone seems to be on "island time." But the food was very good. We had breakfast there every morning as it was included, ate lunch there and had dinner a few nights at Bucuti's Restaurant- our waiter we had on the night we ate beachside right by the water was excellent! The only real negative was that I was unaware that I could only help myself to breakfast once. (I had gotten up very early and had breakfast alone, once my husband got up and went down for breakfast, I went to help myself to a little more-what can I say, I LOVE breakfast and vacation is a time I splurge a little! Anyway, I was quickly reprimanded by the head wait person, as she recognized me and said "you cannot have any more, you ate already," this was very embarrassing. The ended up letting me get more breakfast, but "just this once." I understand that she was doing her job, which she takes seriously, but geez!
The resort very clean. Our room very pretty and air quality was terrific, we just had to empty the dehumidifier regularly and if you ask the front desk they can reset the air conditioning so you can make the room as cool as you would like- which was very helpful- however, after a couple of days the air-conditioning seemed to get regulated back to the default setting again, so we had to ask the front desk to have someone re-set it again for us to make it colder-which they did-awesome. Best, most romantic walks on the beach at night in this area also s there is minimal lighting- to encourage sea turtles I've been told- so you can see the stars!
Never a problem finding a shaded place to lay out. The most beautiful beach in Aruba is Bucuti's area! VERY relaxing and quiet. This is not a party place. If you want a gorgeous beach, great food, clean, great air quality in your room, you want to bring a few good books and kick your feet up and have a romantic, relaxing vacation, Bucuti is for you- and I highly recommend the Tara Suites! We will definitely return!

• Stayed October 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in early May 2013 and had a great experience. The check-in experience was fabulous with offers of champagne and cool washcloths to help get rid of some of that travel ick. Resort is very eco-friendly with no plastic to be found and thus no water bottles. They provide free stainless steel water bottles and free coolers of cold water placed around the resort.

We were in room 210 in the Bucuti that faced the courtyard on the first floor. We were fine in this type of room as we weren't really in our room that much but might try a Tara suite next time. Although the room seemed in need of a little updating (except for the tv which was a huge flatscreen), it was very clean. The dehumidifier and air purifiers cycle on and off during the night so this may cause sleep issues for some folks- we kind of got used to it. Bathroom wasn't huge but the shower had great water pressure.

The beach was crazy awesome and we had no issues finding umbrellas on any day. We ate at the beachfront restaurant one night and the food was good, although not spectacular. Just after our departure, they were to begin a renovation of their restaurant so am interested in how different it will be. Also wanted to try the Carte Blanche restaurant but it was booked so will try for that next time. The Sand Bar offers up some great concoctions and the bartenders are very nice, especially Juan Carlos and Ronny who both poured some tasty drinks for us.

We used the spa one day and had great massages. The spa is pretty basic with no showers, fancy lounges with cucumber water, etc. However, it's fairly inexpensive as far as spas go and my masseuse knew how to handle a very sunburned back.

Most of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, especially the folks at the concierge desk. They lined up a jeep rental for us for one day and gave several restaurant recommendations.

We loved it and I am ready to book our return trip for next year.

Riverside, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

As usual we had a great time at Bucuti and Tara. We have been staying there for the past few years. We had a bit of a problem with their rent a car people. But got it straightened out. Just don't rent a car through them. Best place in Aruba. All staff members are wonderful and polite. I love to breakfast daily and the beaches are to die for. I love the idea that it is a adult only place and the rooms are nice and roomy too. We have been getting the standard rooms with a queen size bed. I like the idea of a couch to sit on a lot. I enjoy sitting on the balcony in the morning and just watching the lizards and the birds chirp. You get free wi-fi and I enjoy keeping in touch with the kids and grandkids. We will be going back again next year. The hotel gives you a welcome package which is really nice. I have never been to a hotel that did that for you. This is our home away from home. :) The best place on the island in my opinion. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a kick back place to relax.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

They have a great service concept at Bucuti & Tara - almost all staff great you whenever you meet them anywhere on the property, and they make sure you feel welcome from the point of check-in and onwards. That is why it makes such a strange and inconsistent impression in the few cases when you meet staff who do not, or who give average service. The best impressions we got were from the check-in staff (Madeleine!), door men, towel lady at the beach and some of the restaurant staff. The inconsistencies were with several of the restaurant staff, especially at breakfast and at night. Some of them barely said hello and did not offer any help or explanation of the menu or the breakfast buffet content. The beach service was generally good.

We stayed in a Tara suite, which was very comfortable, but the combined sound of A/C and de-humidifier was very loud during night time, to the point of waking us up. The bathroom was quite small and not very modern, but functional. The balcony was not especially nice, with railings so thick that they obscured the view towards the beach when we were sitting down in the chairs.

On the first day the toilet room had not been properly cleaned behind the door - dirt from previous inhabitants was clearly visible along the corner between the wall and the floor when one closed the door. This was however remedied the next day after we had written a note to the cleaner about it. Otherwise the cleaning of the room was very good.

The best part of the hotel was the beach area with great loungers and umbrellas, and as I mentioned before good service.

We would go back, but would consider to not take the extra cost of staying in a Tara suite, as it did not seem to give that much extra benefit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed at the Bucuti & Tara Resort for our honeymoon in May 2013. We stayed for 7 days and had an awesome experience. From the time our taxi pulled up to the front of the resort we were treated like royalty. Our bags were carried inside, they had a glass of champagne and a cold towel waiting for us both. As you walk through the doors you can see that this resort is clean, spacious, and modern. It smells like heaven and looks like a scene straight from a magazine. After checking in we were escorted to our suite which had a "Just Married" sign on our door. We purchased a honeymoon package which included champagne, cheese/crackers, chocolates, flutes, and flowers. It was all there waiting for us as we entered. Over the next week that we stayed at the resort we spent time at the beach (clean, relaxing, wait staff available), the pool (clean and never crowded), the sand bar (try the "sand in your shorts") and the restaurant (impeccable service, delicious food). Part of our honeymoon package was a romantic dinner on the beach (Amazing!). We stopped at the resorts gift shop a few times and they were always friendly and helpful. We washed a few articles of clothing during our stay and that was very easy (free machines, you purchase the soap). Breakfast was available every morning (a variety of fruits, pastries, beverages, etc). We saw iguana's only 2 out of the 7 days we stayed. I highly recommend the Bucuti & Tara Resort, for couples looking to relax and spend time together.

Room Tip: Corner suits give you a great view. Suites on the first level allow you to walk staright to the bea...
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place gets it right on just about every account. It is a well run and customer focused operation that does not nickel and dime you. The owner is preset and visible and the property manager Deobrah is everywhere setting an example.

The property is pristine with a gorgeous beach. Chairs/umbrellas are well spaced and it never has a crowded feel to it even if full. No issue with getting chairs and none of this reserving/getting up at 6AM business to place your towel down.

The beach/bar service could be a little erratic at times, but I expect a slower pace and appreciate they are not pushing the service at you.

We split our time between the two buildings,both are clean and comfy. Of course the Tara rooms with direct ocean view are sweet.

Breakfast staff lead Margarite? and staff were outstanding.

Nice fitness room.

Overall high marks on relaxation and also had top notch services at the spa.

This was our second stay here and we will be back.

Room Tip: Go for the Tara if you can...the ocean view and balcony are great. Other building is fine, just not...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba? Share your experiences!