This was our 3rd stay at Bucuti Beach Resort. We go to celebrate our anniversary and get away from our 2 beautiful children who sometimes wear us out. This is a couples only hotel. It is quiet and extremely romantic. The hotel sits on the widest, most beautiful beach in Aruba.
With each time we return to Bucuti the service and amenities get better and better. The moment you walk in the hotel, many friendly staff greet you and immediately pour you some champagne as you check in.They also give you complementary Bucuti aluminum water bottles to encourage you to use less plastic. We could feel the stress of travel immediately leaving us.
At our room we had tasteful signs on our door welcoming us back and wishing us happy anniversary. When we went inside we received a complimentary bottle of champagne and a card wishing us a Happy Anniversary. They also gave us a full sized bottle of "Aruba Aloe Lotion." This lotion is made in Aruba. Since we had last been to Bucuti (5 years ago) the room has been updated. It is simple luxury. The room is large and the beds are very comfortable, There is a universal charger system for all of your electronic devices. Free Wi-Fi. No resort fees (hallelujah) To save on plastics the bathrooms have "Aruba Aloe" brand soap, shampoo, and body wash in dispensers. You get the feeling that they don't skimp on any of the details. Both Bucuti and Tara Suites are a low rise property. They are only three and four floor hotels. So you never have to wait for elevators when you can just walk.
Every morning we ate a free all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. The breakfast runs from 7 to 11 so there's plenty of time to eat. Most of the time we ate such a big breakfast we just ate a couple snacks for lunch. The staff at the restaurants are extremely helpful and friendly. They make friendly conversation and tend to your every need.
This hotel's service is the best I've ever seen. I've stayed at much more expensive hotels with service that wasn't half as good as Bucuti's. I wish I could remember the names of all the employees because every one of them was great. Robert and Orville who got us drinks on the beach were wonderful. Orville even spent time with us showing how to cut a raw cashew out of the shell.
Maddie and Danielle were running the concierge desk and were OUTSTANDING! Maddie's humor and wit kept us very entertained. They got us cabs, jeeps, reservations, directions, recommendations for snorkeling sites, and told us about local restaurants.
Bucuti is a very eco-friendly hotel. They celebrated Earth Day by allowing us to participate in a guided hike through their national park - Arikok. They provided the transportation, drinks, and a Bucuti tee shirt - all free. The leader of this event Tisa La Sorte was outstanding. She was friendly and educated about the plants, animals, and trees. She even picked cashew fruit off her own tree and sent them to our room so we could taste them. Again, every staff member goes above and beyond their "job" and really feel like close friends.
The owner of this hotel Ewald Biemans is very available for feedback and questions. He visited the restaurant each morning to say "hello" to the guests and see how they were doing. He is also around during check-in and check-out to make sure the guests are happy. I had a suggestion to have the concierge desk have a few collapsable coolers available to borrow when guests travel around the island for the day. He said he liked the idea and they would be there the next time I visited. I ask you, is that good service or what??
There are so many wonderful details about this hotel. It is as if Ewald has thought of everything. At the outdoor restaurant the menus light up so you can read them at night. The lounge chairs are the most comfortable and luxurious chairs I have ever sat on. The chairs are perfectly spaced far enough away from each other so you can't hear conversations and everyone has a view of the water. The towels fit snuggly on the lounge chairs so they won't blow off. If you want a drink you simply stick a red flag (that is provided with every 2 lounge chairs) in the beach. Speaking of lounge chairs, everyone gets two chairs and an umbrella. There is no fighting over chairs because there are enough for everyone! There are book shelves with books other guests read that you may borrow. There is FREE Wi-fi throughout the entire Bucuti and Tara property. While we were sitting on the beach we could check our emails or FaceTime (for free) with our kids. The balconies have drying racks for your bathing suits. The bar is great and every day starting at 4 until 6 they offer half price drinks and complementary snacks. They take care of everything!
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I see why people come back year after year. Please know that this is a quiet hotel and not near the "action". If you want lots of people, many activities, and a noisier environment you should stay where all the high rises are in Palm Beach. But if you want to really relax and connect again romantically with your partner than you must stay at Bucuti beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on Aruba's spacious and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. The 4-star and 4-diamond resort receives high satisfaction ratings and recognitions that include #8 Hotel in World 2016 and #1 Hotel in Caribbean 2016, Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, Top 25 for Romance in World, and Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily. No all-inclusive packages available, because the resort encourages guests to explore the island and its many great restaurants. Resort's website offers you the Best Available Rate including all taxes and fees, breakfast and WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach