“Nothing but perfection all around!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   L.G. Smith Boulavard 55 B, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Special Offer
FREE BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI
Medford, Massachusetts
“Nothing but perfection all around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

A travel agent found this property as my wife and I had no idea what island or where to stay for our honeymoon. After she picked this one I started reading reviews here and eventually booked. I still read reviews for about 4 months after we booked to make sure I had made the right decision. I did and here's why.

Perfect beach. Beautiful grounds. Perfect concierge that will do anything for you. Beautiful rooms on the Tara side which is where we stayed. Could not have been more perfect. Walking distance to a few restaurants, Pizza Bobs which is great, a little shopping and not far from the rest of the island life either and downtown. Toine helped us book some places to eat months before we arrived and was perfect! Free Wifi all around let us keep in touch with our friends and family and let us keep uptodate with news. Nothing I would have changed.

Some complaints I read before coming were: Loud dehumidifiers, birds eating your food at breakfast, wifi kicking out, chairs being taking at 6am with towels, weird bill items, and lots of cameras. The dehumidifier could be turned off if you wanted, the birds never bothered us and they have fake owls that scare them away if needed, wifi did kick out but within 20 seconds you were back on by putting in your pw, chairs were taken early but we never had a problem getting chairs on the beach, we had no bill problems and had 100 credit because we could not use a boat cruise voucher that came with out package as we get seasick, and yes there were lots of camera's but so did every other place we went. We never felt not safe and we walked at night often.

I would HIGHLY suggest Bucuti for your vacation or honeymoon or whatever. Having only adults, great happy hours, perfect beach, attentive staff, and a great location make this the resort to stay on in Aruba. Most people we met had been here before many times and this will not be our last time at Bucuti! Mr. Biemans you have created a paradise! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: Any Tara suite looks out over the ocean. All are great! Garden rooms have less privacy as you must w...

2,423 people have reviewed this hotel

1943
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Bucuti and would not stay anywhere else on the island. On arrival we were greeted with cool cloths and sparkling champagne. At Bucuti it's all about the little touches that make your visit pleasurable. We truly enjoyed the fantastic gym and immaculate gardens. The breakfast buffet has more than ample choices and kudos to Nakarid and Sali for their individual and attentive service. The concierge was excellent and thanks so much to Daniela and Maddie for their spot on recommendations and assistance. The sunset cruise and all day jeep safari are recommended. We have a special thanks to Mirna,for her attentive service during our romantic sunset dinner. We want to thank Esmaral for keeping our room immaculate and turn down service every night! Finally thanks to Juan Carlos for to the "Caribbean Storm" a drink we recommend at the Sand Bar.
We can't wait to return!!

Clearwater, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I loved Bucuti, but I'm going to give them 4 because of a few reasons, but they aren't that big of reasons.

First, I loved Bucuti and I would stay there again in a heart beat!

My only two things. We came in late at night around 11 or 11:30 pm after traveling all day. We had to be up at 7:50 again for diving. Before we went to bed, a machine in the corner that made a soothing noice started to go off and beep loudly. I inspected it and it looked like some sort of humidifier or de-humidifier. It was blinking "bucket full" so i took this big bucket of water and dumped out 1/4 of it, not quite sure what I was supposed to do after a long day of travel. I went back to bed and at 3 or 4am it went off again and beeped loudly and shut off. So I got up and had to dump it all out, because honestly that nice noise drowns out everything for a relaxing sleep. It took me a while to fall back to sleep because I was over tired. So, note to the hotel: make sure it's empty before night time. Note to anyone arriving: If it goes off, dump it all not 1/4, just check it before bed.

Second thing is to try to improve on your hamburgers and we had a table of 4 try the thai coconut soup and it wasn't so good. But that's the only thing we can think of!

Now with that said I still must say I loved it. They had such a quiet resort and it's exactly what my friend and I needed. They also had fast internet which was great because we had to keep up with work for a few hours every day. They had beautiful rooms, comfortable beds and the staff would bend over backwards to help.

We loved the spa and I did a lot of research and they have one of the cheapest but best spas on the island! I got two massages!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I spent a relaxed week here at the Tara Suites. The room was immaculate, spacious and modern with gorgeous ocean views off the balcony. We did visit the "High Rise" hotel areas and after seeing their "view" of the ocean and the congestion, we were very glad we choose Tara. The restaurant is featuring their "new" menu in anticipation of a shut down and restaurant remodeling next month. We had three meals at the resort; the food was that outstanding and the tables just steps from the ocean. The pool is small for a resort , but most guests were on the beach with the comfortable beach chaises. We used the pool for cooling off. Their is a casino and small market within walking distance; other restaurants if you feel the need to leave, and the hotel will arrange any trips you wish to partake in with pick up at the hotel. No need to rent a car; taxis are cheaper and easier. We took a 1/2 day snorkel trip from Red Sail and it was first rate with an excellent luncheon.
Weather is in the 90's, but with the wind factor, it does not feel as hot or humid. The dehumidifiers in the room do an outstanding job of keeping the room cool and my hair looking fantastic, until I went outside in the wind! If their noise bothers you at night, simply turn them off! As others have mentioned, there could never be friendlier staff, from the desk to the housekeeping staff. The bartenders make fantastic island drinks, definitely not watered down! Another hotel guest used our room number for bar service twice, and upon check out, it was quickly remedied. No need to check out any other resort, unless you crave the high-rise action, but remember, it is still just a taxi ride away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Ewald Biemans on the review "tripadvisor never lets you down" by SoccerDeb In Ohio

First of all, thank you for you wonderful comments on our resort, we are grateful and will share them with all our associates.

I must agree with you on your assessment of Tripadvisor. Every time I travel I make use of this wonderful review site and the reviews and ratings have been accurate in every case.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Ewald Biemans
Owner

Biemans@Bucuti.com
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Bucuti and Tara resort was absolutely wonderful. It is an adults only resort. First, the location was fantastic, approximately 20 minutes from the airport. The rooms are very nice, and spacious. They were immaculate. The property is right on the beach, and there is also a somewhat small pool. The staff was the friendliest that i have ever encountered, starting with reception and every other person we met never failed to say hello. If you are in the mood for a relaxing vacation, this is the place to stay. Aruba has many wonderful restaurants, and activities for those looking for it.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I don't know if I'll ever be happy staying at any other property. Everything about Bucuti was above and beyond. Everyone from the general manager to the gardener took time to smile and say hello. We stayed at Tara and loved having the extra attention and breakfast area. We had several meals here and there is really no reason to go anywhere else. We had the romantic five course dinner on the beach a definite highlight. Sitting your beach chair, putting your red flag in the ground and having someone bring a drink and food- it doesn't get any better. I'm ready to go back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just returned from our honeymoon and cannot stop talking about how lovely the resort was in our opinion. We stayed in the Tara Suites and loved it! We didn't have a complaint the entire time...truly!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba? Share your experiences!