“Heaven on Earth!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   L.G. Smith Boulavard 55 B, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Heaven on Earth!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just returned from B and T Saturday night after being there a week ~~April 6 - April 13. We chose to stay there because it was appeared to be a quiet place to relax for adults only....and, since we were on spring break we thought we would enjoy the adult atmosphere. I have been to MANY ISLANDS in the carribean and I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a better place than B and T. When we arrived, we were greeted at the car by bellmen that were actually smiling and acted happy to see us. As we entered into the lobby of the hotel, we were quickly greeted and seated to enjoy a glass of champagne as they checked us into our room. They gave us an overview of the property and told us to let them know if we needed anything. Before heading to our room, the manager of the property, Deborah, came out and welcomed us personally. She was delightful!!!
The week continued to be wonderful from this day going forward.....I was very sad to leave but will definitely be going back. Our room was nice and the view of the beach was amazing! The breakfast was included each day so we had the opportunity to meet many of the amazing food service staff. Sali and Mirna were two of the floor supervisors. They were attentive to every last detail to make sure we had AMAZING service. Once, I got up to get myself a cup of ice because our waitress was so busy I didn't want to bother her. I was quickly met at my table and told that THEY would take care of my needs.....because I was on vacation! Some of the servers we loved during the trip that took great care of us included Madelyn, Nakarid, and Janice. I wanted to bring all of them home with me. I felt like I was leaving friends behind when I had to leave.
Robert and Orville took great care of us on the beach by bringing us cold towels to wash our faces and drinks when we displayed our red flag in the sand!!! :-)
The owner of the hotel was often present as well. He even offered to stop and take a picture of my friend and me one day! I opted to get a picture made WITH HIM instead of by him! He was such a lovely person and has created a magnificant place for people to have a vacation. The concierge, Madeline, was amazing as well. She booked everything for us, recommended great places, and even put up with our reservation changes......and with a smile.
There was nothing left undone for us on this vacation. I am already looking at my calendar to book my next trip to Aruba and stay and the B and T. I wouldn't be happy any other place now that I've experienced all that it has to offer. If you don't go to Aruba and stay at the B and T, you've missed a piece of Heaven on Earth!!!
Friends from Atlanta, Georgia

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (717)
  • Hungarian first
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We spent our honeymoon at Bucuti. It was absolutely amazing. We are not into big and crowded resorts and our stay was super peaceful and calm. There are no children at this hotel and it really makes the difference. The pool was always clean and the pool area is perfect to read a book or just chill. The crew is super friendly and just genuinely nice. The room was clean, big and comfortable and their beach is amazing. Amazing!!

The only con I have is regarding the concierge crew who I would have expected to be more savvy and know a little more. They only recommended the famous, touristic places when we specifically asked for less crowded spots and restaurants.

To sum up, this is a gem. Quiet, clean, great pool and staff. I highly recommend Bucuti for honeymooners!

Room Tip: We had a room with a garden view and it was great. Great breeze and great view in the morning.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marcellus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at Bucuti for 5 days; March 30th to April 3rd. The staff at the hotel were wonderful, friendly and always helpful. We were greeted upon arrival by Deborah, the hotel manager, who also always had time for a chat when we passed her by during our stay. We stayed in a Tara suite, which was wonderful! The view was fantastic, the room was lovely, making for a very stress-free time. The staff even gave us a bottle of champagne and a cheese and cracker platter to celebrate our anniversary and my husband's birthday. The attention to detail by the staff and management made this a hotel I would come back to in a second! The entire hotel and restaurant staff seemed to really care and were always friendly and wonderful to chat with. We ate several dinners and every breakfast at the beachfront restaurant, including one beachfront dinner in one of the cabanas. The beachfront restaurant even cooked our deep sea fishing catch for a dinner, and did a wonderful job with it!! Overall the resort, restaurant and staff are top notch and I would highly recommend this hotel!

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights in April, Easter Sat. - Thursday. Arrival- Landed around 12pm, quickly picked up are bags, a liquor store was located at the baggage carousel and many people were taking advantage of this, and proceeded to the left, outside and to the taxi stand. The charge was $23 to this hotel.

The drive was through downtown and took about 15 minutes. We were greeted at the curb by a bellhop who immediately took are bags and directed us to checkin. I had already completed the online check and just a credit card was needed. The manager Deborah,( what a friendly and knowledgeable lady), greeted us also. You are given 2 stainless steel bottles which were used at the water refill stations.Our room was not ready as we were so early, so we changed into our swimsuits in the restroom and were directed to the towel pick up. At the towel pick up, the nice ladies take your room number and you are asked to return the towels by 7 pm. They open at 7 and I never saw them run out of towels. You receive 2 high quality chair covers and 2 towels. Amazingly, unlike many other adults only resorts we have been to, we located many chairs and and umbrellas not in use. They have to be the most comfortable chairs we have ever lounged in. There is pool and beach service( a red flag is given to place in the sand). We received the most wonderful service and the best frozen drinks, $7.

Around 4pm, we checked at the front desk and are room was ready. We were escorted by an employee to the Bucuti building. Our room was close to the front. He explained the items in the room, (light switches, which we loved, all out with one button,maid service, privacy buttons, and a dehumidifier, we have never stayed in a more comfortable room(no humidity), and air purifier.
The room was average size, the pictures online are exact. Dispensers of Aruba lotion, hand soap, shampoo, and body gel are in the bathroom. Robes in closet. Coffee and Tea no charge in room, with a for charge mini bar. Our room had a large balcony with 2 more comfortable chairs and a table. We had a few dinners here, as you could hear the music from Pizza Bobs. The clothes rack on the balcony was handy to dry clothes, although with the strong winds Aruba has, I was glad I packed towel clips and used them.

The free Wifi was decent, had to sign back in regularly.
A computer station on the first floor of the Tara bldg. was used to check flights and print our boarding passes.
The new workout facility had treadmills, weight machines, row machines, bikes, elliptical, etc. very nice.
Complimentary breakfast was served two places, Tara bldg (indoors) 7-10am never used, and at the outside restaurant 7-11am, there is covered open air seating also here. Many choices, both hot and cold. Ex. breads, donuts, fruit, oatmeal, potatoes, sausage, bacon, eggs premade and made to order, deli meats and cheeses, vegetables, yogurt. etc. Every day there was a Aruban specialty.

The resorts concierge made are dinner reservations. We recommended Papiamentos in Noord for fine outdoor dining. We also took advantage of their 3 day car rental special. The company was called Royal. Prompt and courteous staff who meet us at the resort with a clean car. We are returning in Dec. and will use them again. FYI, driving is luckily on the right, and gas is sold by the liter. 3.78 L = 1 gal.

The resort is located in a dead end circle with these shops a 2 minute or less walk to- Pizza Bobs, Manchebo resort, Costa linda resort, Alhambra casino that includes a market with deli, dry goods, wine, bottled water, sundries, etc., Aloe shop, Dunkin donuts, little caesars, coffe shop, Subway, clothing store, Fusion restaurant..

We always felt extremely safe as your key cards are needed to enter all buildings, including bathrooms, laundry, workout, and corridors inside the resort.
The Bucuti and Tara exceeded are expectations and has moved to the top of our list. Thank you to all your wonderful employees.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
In reply to "Couples Paradis"

Thank you for your testimony. Our pledge is to keep it as it is, with some improvements coming .

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Ewald Biemans
Owner
biemans@bucuti.com
Marion, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel March 30 - April 6 and we had a wonderful time. We had one of the Tara suites and we were very happy with it. The beach is absolutely gorgeous and the lounge chairs are very comfortable. Breakfast was nice and we had several delicious lunches at the Sand Bar. The staff at the hotel are very, very friendly and will go out of their way to make you happy. Deborah, the manager, chatted with us several times during our stay. They seem to genuinely care about each guest's experience. Our only regret was having to leave but we will go back as soon as we can.

Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed at Bucuti for our honeymoon, the 2 weeks we spent at the resort were amazing. The restaurant produced beautiful food served on the beach side in a stunning setting. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well worth getting up for with a range of local specialties and everything you would want.

We hired a car from reception with no hastle and discovered the island ourselves and also booked a number of the day trips which we strongly recommend - particularly the horse riding and jeep safari. A trip to the lighthouse restaurant is definitely a must with views across the island.

The room itself was very spacious, clean and comfortable with a lovely balcony and a turn down service was offered every night with a notice about the next days activities at the resort.

The Bucuti beach was by far the nicest we found on the island and the pool private and relaxing.

We can't wait to go back and would recommend anyone to go and experience this place for themselves!

Room Tip: North facing rooms over the Gardens have the best views. South facing can be overlooking a car park.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The experience at Bucuti was wonderful. We have just returned from a very relaxing 7 day trip and could not have picked a better hotel to chill out and do nothing. The staff are friendly and helpful, the location is amazing and we would recommend the overall experience. Thank you to all who made our stay so wonderful.

Room Tip: Th rooms in Bucuti with a sea view woudl be recommended
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba? Share your experiences!