My husband and I stayed for 5 nights in April, Easter Sat. - Thursday. Arrival- Landed around 12pm, quickly picked up are bags, a liquor store was located at the baggage carousel and many people were taking advantage of this, and proceeded to the left, outside and to the taxi stand. The charge was $23 to this hotel.
The drive was through downtown and took about 15 minutes. We were greeted at the curb by a bellhop who immediately took are bags and directed us to checkin. I had already completed the online check and just a credit card was needed. The manager Deborah,( what a friendly and knowledgeable lady), greeted us also. You are given 2 stainless steel bottles which were used at the water refill stations.Our room was not ready as we were so early, so we changed into our swimsuits in the restroom and were directed to the towel pick up. At the towel pick up, the nice ladies take your room number and you are asked to return the towels by 7 pm. They open at 7 and I never saw them run out of towels. You receive 2 high quality chair covers and 2 towels. Amazingly, unlike many other adults only resorts we have been to, we located many chairs and and umbrellas not in use. They have to be the most comfortable chairs we have ever lounged in. There is pool and beach service( a red flag is given to place in the sand). We received the most wonderful service and the best frozen drinks, $7.
Around 4pm, we checked at the front desk and are room was ready. We were escorted by an employee to the Bucuti building. Our room was close to the front. He explained the items in the room, (light switches, which we loved, all out with one button,maid service, privacy buttons, and a dehumidifier, we have never stayed in a more comfortable room(no humidity), and air purifier.
The room was average size, the pictures online are exact. Dispensers of Aruba lotion, hand soap, shampoo, and body gel are in the bathroom. Robes in closet. Coffee and Tea no charge in room, with a for charge mini bar. Our room had a large balcony with 2 more comfortable chairs and a table. We had a few dinners here, as you could hear the music from Pizza Bobs. The clothes rack on the balcony was handy to dry clothes, although with the strong winds Aruba has, I was glad I packed towel clips and used them.
The free Wifi was decent, had to sign back in regularly.
A computer station on the first floor of the Tara bldg. was used to check flights and print our boarding passes.
The new workout facility had treadmills, weight machines, row machines, bikes, elliptical, etc. very nice.
Complimentary breakfast was served two places, Tara bldg (indoors) 7-10am never used, and at the outside restaurant 7-11am, there is covered open air seating also here. Many choices, both hot and cold. Ex. breads, donuts, fruit, oatmeal, potatoes, sausage, bacon, eggs premade and made to order, deli meats and cheeses, vegetables, yogurt. etc. Every day there was a Aruban specialty.
The resorts concierge made are dinner reservations. We recommended Papiamentos in Noord for fine outdoor dining. We also took advantage of their 3 day car rental special. The company was called Royal. Prompt and courteous staff who meet us at the resort with a clean car. We are returning in Dec. and will use them again. FYI, driving is luckily on the right, and gas is sold by the liter. 3.78 L = 1 gal.
The resort is located in a dead end circle with these shops a 2 minute or less walk to- Pizza Bobs, Manchebo resort, Costa linda resort, Alhambra casino that includes a market with deli, dry goods, wine, bottled water, sundries, etc., Aloe shop, Dunkin donuts, little caesars, coffe shop, Subway, clothing store, Fusion restaurant..
We always felt extremely safe as your key cards are needed to enter all buildings, including bathrooms, laundry, workout, and corridors inside the resort.
The Bucuti and Tara exceeded are expectations and has moved to the top of our list. Thank you to all your wonderful employees.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort is award-winning and owner-operated. Recognitions include Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, Top 10 Romantic Retreats in the Caribbean, Green Globe High Achievement Award, and TripAdvisor's 2013 Certificate of Excellence. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.