“Fabulous Vacation at Bucuti!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba

You added Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba to your Saves list
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   L.G. Smith Boulevard 55 B | Eagle Beach Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach 00000, Aruba   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vermont
“Fabulous Vacation at Bucuti!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent a wonderful, peaceful and relaxing week at the Bucuti during the end of February. I traveled with my sister and we celebrated my niece's birthday during our week there. Check in was wonderful with a cold towel and champagne. The staff was very gracious to allow us a rather early check in since we were moving from another hotel where we had spent our arrival night. We were great with a bottle of wine for my niece's birthday; very nice touch! Thanks.
I cannot express how warm and friendly each and every member of the Bucuti staff was from registration to our final check out. The beautiful smiles, "good morning", cheery attitudes and wonderful stories from the towel hut, and even an evening check in to see if we needed anything did not go unnoticed. We chose a deluxe room on the end of the building which gave us an amazing view of the beach and ocean as well as gorgeous sunsets. It was a perfect place to sit in the shade and read with a great view.
The room was very clean, well equipped and quiet as we were on a corner. We found it convenient to everything since the resort is not huge and has a homey feeling. I often found the pool a perfect place to lay in the sun following breakfast.
Each morning the breakfast which is included had a new hot dish to offer as well as fresh fruits, great coffee and many other choices. We were never bored by the selections!
Another touch that all three of us appreciated was the availability of several sets of books that were available for beach reading and it was a great place to donate the ones we had packed.
Several evenings we caught an early dinner at 5:00 before the lunch menu changed to dinner and we found the servings to be more than generous. It was also fun to try different featured nights from the menu as well as happy hour two for one drinks. All were delicious!
This was my fifth trip to Aruba and the first one for my sister and niece - I was delighted they were able to experience "the best" for their introduction to beautiful Aruba.
The wonderful new Alhambra shops next door were fun to wander through as well as a few hours at the casino. We highly recommend Pizza Bob's next door for a fun picnic style dinner on the balcony. The birthday was celebrated at Passions on the Beach located at the Amsterdam Manor which was perfect. We also enjoyed a snorkeling adventure aboard the Black Pearl
The tan is fading but not the amazing memories from an incredible week at the Bucuti. We will return!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms or Tara Suites have amazing ocean views. We were on the second floor with a corner roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Hungarian first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a week long vacation in Aruba - we stayed at the Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort. Let me just say first, that I thank all the people who have reviewed this resort, we picked Bucuti solely based off all the amazing reviews and we were not disappointed! The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating... all you have to do is ask! We stayed on the Bucuti side in a Garden Suite - was a little worried about not having a ocean view but it didn't even matter. We were able to walk right off the patio to the beach - it's literally right outside your door steps! The suite was nice, I have no complaints! There are no bad rooms at this resort. As far as the age range of the resort (we are both in our young 30's) the age of the guest varies, there are some older and younger.... there are people from everywhere! We met a lovely couple in their 80's from Holland at the Sand Bar while eating lunch... we enjoyed our conversation with them! This resort isn't a party resort - it is for relaxing, and relax you can!! If you want a clean, welcoming, beautiful, fun, relaxing and safe resort to stay at look no further - Bucuti & Tara is it! One tip: if you want a ocean front cabana (lounge chairs & umbrella) then you do need to be up early - we went out and put our towels on the chairs at 7am every morning, we were happy we did as it's wonderful being able to read and lay in the sun with the ocean right there! There are plenty of chairs so if you're not an early riser you will be able to find a spot, it just won't be the first row. The continental breakfast was delicious, they have something for everyone - I will actually miss the breakfast, it was that good! They just got a new coffee machine, it makes everything so you don't have to worry. I highly recommend this resort!! We are definitely planning on returning to Bucuti in a year or two - it's a place you will want to visit again!!

Room Tip: If you get a Garden View suite don't worry they're great! I don't think there is a bad r...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon in February. It was exactly what we wanted! The resort was the perfect size and SO quiet. The guests tend to be either older or honeymooners which was fine with us! On the door of your hotel room they will put a little sign saying if you are a return guest or celebrating an occasion. I was really impressed to see how many guests were returning to the resort. After our vacation, I can see why!

We stayed in the Tara Suites on the 2nd floor and thought that was perfect. The room was pretty standard and I agree that the dehumidifier could be pretty loud, but it definitely didn't keep us from sleeping like logs. Have breakfast at the Tara Lounge...it's air conditioned and the service is much better. Plus you can take advantage of the coffee machine they have...i loved the cappuccinos. The beach is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and the umbrellas on the beach were perfect. We never used the red flag for the bar, but we definitely took advantage of the cold towels they distribute to help keep you cool. Happy hour at the bar was a fantastic deal...all drinks half off from 4-6 and 9-10pm. Our first night we took advantage and the drinks were a little stronger than anticipated. haha. We crawled on over to Pizza Bob's that night for dinner. "Pizza Bob's special" was so good we had it twice!

We ate at the Pirate's Nest twice...once for lunch and once for dinner. I was a little shocked to see such an expensive hamburger (I think it was $14 or so), but it was worth every penny! Easily the best burger I've ever had. I was a little disappointed with their hostess and seating. She makes everyone wait for a seat, even though the restaurant is more than half empty. I heard her turn a couple away and tell them to come back at 8pm because they didn't have reservations and weren't guests of the resort. My husband and I were seated 10 minutes earlier and the restaurant was half empty. They didn't return at 8pm and I can't blame them!

We did the romantic dinner on the beach and I would HIGHLY recommend it. Not only was it fantastic food, but the service was great and you can't beat the view. We did the 6pm time slot and it was so perfect to see the sunset. And our server was happy to take photos for us, which I thought was very nice and made for great memories.

We also took part in the romantic sunset cruise on Wed night. We loved the cruise and would do it again, but I wouldn't exactly call it romantic. It was more of a classy booze cruise with a fantastic crew. They're happy to keep your glass full! Unfortunately one of the guests spent the whole time puking over the side of the boat (sea sick), so that probably took away from the romance.

All in all we would definitely return to Bucuti & Tara because it is such a great resort for relaxation.

Room Tip: Tara Suites were great! We were on the 2nd floor and didn't hear any noise and had a great view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Morganville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just returned on 3/5/2013 our first time to Aruba and found Bucuti & Tara hotel quite by accident and glad we did. Our entire stay was picture perfect.The entire staff was super helpful and professional from beginning to end. The concierge team made everything we asked for possible. Great vibe throughout the entire property. Happy hour at the bar,dinner on the beach and the sunsets made it even better. Loved the flag bar service on the beach.The included breakfast buffet was a great touch. Like MacArthur said, I shall return.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

If you are looking for a place where you can truly relax, Bucuti & Tara is the perfect spot. Another reviewer wrote about "beach inertia" at the resort. It's true... the beach is so beautiful and relaxing, the umbrellas are so perfectly spaced, the service so attentive without being obtrusive... it was heavenly.

The suites in Tara are wonderful. A little tight in the bathroom door area, but otherwise lovely. While some have commented negatively about the sound of the air conditioner/dehumidifier, we found them to function as white noise machines. If we wanted sea air, we stepped out on the balcony to read or watch the sunset.

The resort does not attract folks who want a party, but rather everyone there seemed intent on enjoying the tranquility.

We have plans to travel to other regions over the next few years, but we will definitely be back. It's pricey, but worth it. If the budget allows, we might splurge on the penthouse suites next time!

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My best friend & I went to Bucuti in Nov. 2009 - not knowing anything about it but it looked good and we wanted beach and ocean. (pls. note that the review form only went back to 2012 but we went in Nov. 2009)

Well, we were delighted with our entire experience. Bucuti is a small resort on Eagle Beach - which is considered to be in the "low rise" area instead of the "high rise" area which is where all the mega hotels are. We LOVED Bucuti. We had a 2nd floor room - on the corner. There was a balcony and since we were on the corner, our balcony was larger and had a great breeze all the time. When we were in the room we were always out there. And, as a side benefit, we could hear the music from a nearby pizza place in the evening. It was lovely.

The beach at Bucuti is to die for - big, wide, palm trees and huts for shade and the beautiful turquoise ocean lapping at the shore. Every day we dragged 2 beach chairs to "our spot" between 2 palm trees at the edge of the water and vegged for the day. It was a bit hot but we kept refreshed by the breeze, the shade of the palm trees and frequent dips in the ocean.

Bucuti offers a nice breakfast as part of your stay. It is not a huge spread but was good and enough variety to fuel up for the morning. The rooms have a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker so we went to the local grocery store and stocked up and snacks and small dinner items. We ate out for a few evenings and other evenings we ate a light meal on our balcony. It was great and relaxing and we didn't have to dress up for dinner if we didn't want to.

A MUST if you go to Aruba - take the jeep tour. It was 4+ hrs. of hilarious fun. The jeeps were Range Rovers and the drivers took us up some steep rocky inclines - we were sure we would end up in a pile at the bottom. But the jeep got us to the top - a bumpy but fun ride. We toured all over the island and saw varied terrain from rocky coastline to hills to arid plains. I recommend this tour.

In summary, we would go back to Bucuti in a heartbeat and both of us declare it was the "best trip we ever had" and that is saying a lot because we have been all over the Caribbean and are picky too.

I recommend Bucuti for one and all.

Room Tip: The corner room on the 2nd floor has a large balcony and a great breeze.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is one of the best beaches in Aruba. Very peaceful and relaxing. Service staff were helpful and kind. My only qualms with this rental is that the rooms in the Bucuti were not much better than a Holiday Inn. For $400+ per night, the furnishings were only average. Women, bring your hair conditioner, because the wall shampoo/conditioner combination will not help with sun, wind, sea salt, and chlorinated exposures. The complimentary coffee was also very average. Again, for the $, this hotel could have supplied better coffee products. The AC in the rooms was noisy (heard this from other customers as well). There are no windows or screens for enjoying sea breezes and natural air, so one felt closed in. The breakfasts were excellent and there were bountiful offerings of fresh omelets, meats, cheeses, and fruit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Reply to "Beatiful property and services..."

Thank you for the kind words about our location, services and peacefulness. We are pleased that you enjoyed that aspect of your stay with us.

In terms of our rate, please do allow me to clarify a bit: We are a four star property as confirmed here on TripAdvisor. These Winter months are Aruba’s high season and the 400 US$ rate at Bucuti is inclusive of all taxes and fees, daily full american breakfast for two, complimentary use of a netbook and complimentary wifi and local calls. Most hotels add an additional 23% at check-out, plus charge for breakfast and WiFi. If one deducts those charges from the total rate paid at our resort, it turns out that our rate for our lowest category room is actually just a bit higher than at the Holiday Inn. It is important for us to explain this for other travelers who read these reviews.

We are so sorry you were not satisfied with every aspect of your stay, as it is most important to us that our guests enjoy their vacation and accommodation fully.
It seems like you did enjoy Aruba and we sincerely hope you return to the island many times to enjoy our hospitality.

Respectfully yours,

Ewald Biemans
Owner
Biemans@bucuti.com

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba? Share your experiences!