“PERFECT HONEYMOON” 5 of 5 stars

FREE BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI
Levittown, New York
“PERFECT HONEYMOON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Upon arriving, we were greeting with non-stop smiles and champagne. Our room was immaculate and tidy. The resort was beyond beautiful. The beach was GORGEOUS and since the hotel is small, there was always room on the beach chairs, unlike those high rise hotels. Couldnt be anymore happy with them! Breakfast buffet was BEYOND yummy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

2,429 people have reviewed this hotel

1952
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
Elmira, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The positives...Great resort. Nice staff, good food, great location. Went there with another couple (all of us in our early 40's). The beach is nice and clean, the fact that they serve you while you sit in your beach chair, and the drinks are cold are added bonuses.The breakfast buffet never disappointed. Hot coffee, fresh fruit, great eggs. Taxis always ready and waiting at the door is very nice.
Now the negatives.... Stingy with the towels on the beach. You have to give them your "towel card" to get ONE towel per person". I say, if you want more than one towel per person, just have them write it down. Very frustrating. The champagne reception, while a nice touch, not everyone wants to be further delayed after 8 hrs on a plane. We opted out of this on line prior to arrival, but when we arrived we were asked repeatedly to please wait for the champagne before we could get our room keys. I told them more than once that we had opted out of this but they kept asking and telling us to wait before we could get to our room. Again, I get it, but if we don't want it, we don't want it. And the last negative I will mention is the ice/food storage area that you have to walk by a dozen times a day between the beach and the Tara Suites or the public restroom...its an eyesore for sure.
All in all I would definitely go again.The good outweighs the bad.

Room Tip: Go with the Tara Suites. If you don't, you have to walk more for just about everything, and the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Better late than never!! My husband & I got married in May, but here it goes. He hasn't traveled as much as I have, but needless to say that this is the best vacation I have ever been on. The only competition it really has is Mexico, but if I step back & take a hard a look @ ALL the factors, this IS the most amazing trip we have ever been on. The Bucuti is a small, beautiful hotel which really does cater to couples & honeymooners. The level of romance that you FEEL when you are here is unlike anything I have ever experienced. When I went to my travel agent & asked "what do you think about Aruba?" He said to me "You are going on your honeymoon. If you are going to Aruba, stay @ The Bucuti.... " People always say how expensive Aruba is, so on & so forth. Yes, it is, lol. However, we are New Yorkers & we paid NY prices, not Vegas prices. The happy hour @ the bar does help & there is a mini mall around the corner from the resort, so you can stock up on liquor, munchies, etc (there is no room service, so in case you get a little hungry @ odd hours)... I can honestly tell you that we could not find one thing to complain about. Here is my break down:

Beach & pool:
AMAZING!!!!! It is the most beautiful beach we have ever visited. You feel like you are alone. The palapas are situated far from eachother, so you do have some privacy. The red flag service is great, so they dont bother you unless its up. They will bring your drinks & food out to you. Stunning, its the only word I can honestly use. The pool is rather small, but we spent most of our days on the beach :)

Rooms:
We stayed in the regular Bucuti tower. We didnt feel the need to upgrade & were just fine. It was spacious, clean, had tons of natural light & cool (it was soooo hot outside, lol). They had a gift bag w/ champagne & glasses as well as a little "honeymoon" message on our door, which was a really sweet touch.

Food & Drinks:
The drink are roughly $10 each, and half price during happy hour. They pack a punch (def not watered down) & the bar tenders are always willing to make a reccomendation. I stick to what I like, Vodka w/ a SPLASH of pineapple juice. @ night, they place some music, not toooo loud & it makes for a very nice setting. Music, drinks, beach, stars, your partner = doesnt get much better than that!! Breakfast @ the Pirates Nest was good, nothing out of the ordinary (if the birds annoy you, go inside!!) Lunch was yummy & reasonable. We would often get the nacho fries w/ the chicken quesadilla, which we would split because it was a large portion (i would say $20-$25 all together). We would add a few drinks to that, and just eat it on the beach. So nice & relaxing. Dinner was good as well ($100-120). We only ate there 2 nights. Our first night there & our last night there (we did the romantic dinner). I would recommend the romantic dinner, because the sunset in Aruba is absolutely jaw dropping. And to be able to have dinner w/ my husband & share that was truly wonderful. We have the most amazing pictures!!!

Hotel:
The hotel itself is very pretty. They pay a great deal of attention to being "green" & caring for the environment. The staff was wonderful. I will say this. It is not in the center of it all like the Riu, Westin, Occidental, etc... You have to take a $9 cab ride (each way) to get to the center of it all. We chose the Bucuti because it WAS so far from it all. No one bothers you there. We weren't going to be in the hustle & bustle of it all. Again, we are New Yorkers, we get enough of that here. We did opt to go into town a few nights & had dinner there. I would recommend Tango. OMG, food was great!! Steak & sangria, right up our alley!! Actually, it was so good we ate there 3 times. Again, I don't see how you can go wrong here if you are with you significant other.

Excursions:
We added on the romance package which came with a sunset cruise. It was beautiful. Drinks flowing, music was good, sunset again, BEAUTIFUL. We also did a snorkeling tour on the "Mi Dushi" which is on an actual sailing ship (vs. Catamaran). That again was a lot of fun. We decided to go on a jungle tour, which I was hesitant about, but my husband is into that stuff. All I can say is that when we return, we WILL do it again. It was so much fun & I met some really nice people along the way. You get to see the isand, go for a good ride & do some snorkeling.

Over all, was Aruba worth every penny & then some? ABSOLUTELY!!!! We do understand that it is a little steep, given you can go to Mexico & the Dominican Republic (All inclusives) for 1/2 the price. But I have been there, done that & they don't compare to Aruba & especially the Bucuti. We have never visited any vacation site more than once, we figure there is to much to see in the world. However, we are planning our visit to the Bucuti in August. IT WAS JUST THAT GOOD!!
Sorry for the long review, its just that I can't say it enough.... we fell in love w/ Aruba, we fell in love w/ The Bucuti!!!

ps.... you'll meet really great people & couples along the way :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Westchester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Nov 2012 wedding on the beach + 3 week honeymoon at Bucuti. Suffice to say, it's the best resort on the island.

Service: From check-in, bellman, concierge, food and bar staff, wedding planner and managerial staff, everyone met or exceeded our expectations. Based on prior reviews, I assumed this would be the case, and they did not disappoint, in many instances going above and beyond (ex. I mentioned my fiancé had a sore throat, and we found tea and lemon in our room an hour later). All concierge staff had a candid and knowledgeable assessment on each of the restaurants I had on my list.

Accommodations: I was skeptical about the penthouse suite in the Tara building, but it rivaled some of the best resorts in the Caribbean. Initially we stayed in a regular garden room, then upgraded to a penthouse suite, which comes with a beach side cabana. Each day, the cabana was properly set up with 2 chairs, a table with seats and plenty of towels. The room itself had modern appliances, including an IQ Air air purifying machine in each of the 2 rooms. Not many guests probably appreciate the gravity of these devices, but as an owner of one myself, I know they run over $1000 each and each of the 3 filters are an additional $1000. So it was evident that details were being considered behind the scenes. The balcony was very nice, with 2 couches and a separate seating area. The room had a mini laptop computer, along with a built in tv in the bathroom, which also had a beautiful tub. The pictures on the website don't really do the room justice.

Food and Bar: Surprisingly, the food was really good and the Chef did a great job in light of the fact that not many of the restaurants are able to get fresh local fish because of the lion fish epidemic. The breakfast in particular, although nothing extravagant, was a perfect, quick set up, allowing us to enjoy the remainder of our day rather than sitting through a long drawn out meal. The bar was similarly efficient and capable, as the staff was familiar with each of the drinks we requested, and was very much conscious of any changes we made to menu items.
Wedding: I'm happy to answer any detailed questions my fellow Trip Advisors may have abuot this aspect. Details were not only discussed, but were confirmed and re-confirmed. Communications between us in NY and the staff were answered quickly and comprehensively. The staff was very serious about the planning process and set up, and this provided us with a sense of comfort. Recommendations for third party vendors, from the steel band, to the photographer, were all of the highest quality. We applaud management and staff for providing us with a flawless wedding ceremony and reception.

Beach: As everyone knows, Eagle is the best beach on the island, and one of the top beaches in the entire Caribbean. Unlike the high rise area, the seats and umbrellas are spread out and service for drinks was efficient and quick.

I don't think I've ever reviewed any resort without providing critical feedback, but as hard as I try, I can't really come up with any issues or suggestions for the hotel or my fellow travelers, except that it needs a better spa. Yes the penthouse probably skewed our experience, but even the garden room was nice. After a 3 week stay, nothing but good things the whole time? Unprecedented.

From a travelers perspective, the resort feels like a boutique resort, but it's clear that behind the scenes, its run like a super efficient business. Even the owner wore the standard employee uniforms, impressive. We will go back, in fact, our decision to return to Aruba will in large part be based on our desire to stay at Bucuti again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My sweetie and I went to the Bucuti to celebrate our birthdays. We called the hotel directly to book the rooms and they were very flexible and accommodating with providing us a mix of rooms during our 7 night stay to ensure we could stay at the resort the entire time. When we arrived, we were greeted with champagne and towels.

The rooms, private cabanas, restaurants, workout facility, etc. were pristine and very well decorated. The staff was AWESOME!!! Extremely welcoming, nice and accommodating. Whatever we asked for, we received. There was a small issue with billing, but it was PERSONALLY resolved by the owner, Mr. Beimans. He is extremely attentive, responsive and is very concerned with his customer's experience. I am a HUGE critic of customer service, and I can not say enough about how professional and accommodating Mr. Beimans and his staff were. They went above and beyond to ensure the issue was resolved quickly to our satisfaction. The staff and especially, Mr. Beimans, is the reason why we will ONLY stay at the Bucuti when we return to Aruba. It is not the lowest cost resort on the island, but you definitely get every value out of your dollar.

While I personally enjoy a little more lively resort (it is very quiet in the evening), we were very impressed by the Bucuti. We will return and go downtown for night life :-)

We stayed in the penthouse suite in the Tara building. Incredible views from the large/private terrace. The penthouse comes with a private beach cabana. As a penthouse guest, we had access to the cabana from 8am to 5pm. Would have been nice to have access 24 hours, but the cabanas are used for dinner on the beach. Each room in the Tara building has the same view. Therefore, if you are pinching pennies, the lower floor rooms are just as nice (not as large) with the same views.

If you tire of the food on the resort, there are a couple restaurants within walking distance right outside the resort - fast food type. And a convenience store that offers really nice options.

Overall, we had NO complaints about the resort or our stay. Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: Rooms have dehumidifiers which can be a bit distracting at first, but you get used to them. All roo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Avon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We've been fortunate enough to stay in several very nice places during our travels and Bucuti & Tara is one of the best so far. Michelle made the check in smooth and enjoyable...the champagne was a nice touch! Leroy helped with our bags and gave us a great welcome.

We stayed in room 308 in the Tara Suites, which is on the ground floor looking out to the beach and ocean. Couldn't have had a better location and view. The room is spacious and very well appointed. It was also very clean. Side story: One of the curtains would stick. Our room attendant didn't wait for us to point it out...she got maintenance their immediately and the small problem was quickly fixed. Happy to experience her proactive approach.

The breakfast that's included in the price was excellent. It isn't just a quick, run-of-the-mill buffet. It has everything from eggs and bacon/sausage to waffles and pancakes and all the fruit you could ask for. My wife gave the cactus fruit two enthusiastic thumbs up.

The beach is simply awesome. Not crowded at all. And who doesn't love raising a flag and having someone come over and take care of whatever you want while you're just relaxing and enjoying the view?

We had the sunset sitting of their "Romantic Dinner" ($125). The 6 course meal was excellent and we were fortunate enough to enjoy the best sunset of the 5 nights we were there. Joel was our server and he did an outstanding job. Kudos to Joel!

Daniela helped us with the checkout and was a wonderful ambassador for the resort.

Here's my only complaint...the WIFI was just aweful. I probably only had internet access for a total of 15 minutes during our 5 night stay. And it wasn't just my iPhone, it was my wife's phone and iPad, too. She had a bit more success than I did but not much. This is the only thing that kept my "Rooms" rating very good instead of excellent. But as you see, the overall rating for Bucuti and Tara is Excellent.

Room Tip: 308 is a ground floor room in the Tara suites and is fabulous. Highly recommend!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

First time in Aruba at the Bucuti & Tara Suite Resort for our anniversary trip was excellent! We are currently planning to re-visit next year same time, same place in July. Breakfast in the Tara Suites was the highlight of our day with the delicious choices to eat. Beautiful and clean beach, great bar service. Plenty of activities and transportation on an off the resort. The staff was very professional and attentive to our needs from the first day arrived until the day we departed. I got a little misty eyed when it was time to go, that's how much of a wonderful stay we had. I would recommend this all adult resort to everyone of all sizes, shapes and color.

Room Tip: Tara Suites Ocean View is beautiful and quite!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba? Share your experiences!