We stayed at Bucuti in March of 2012 and I am in 100% agreement about the #1 rating. The small size, beautiful beach and staff make for an incredible stay. And the commitment environmental wariness is evident though not inconvenient. We were invited to attend a staff workshop on sea turtles and enjoyed seeing their "green" certifications in action. Water is solar heated and warm water was plentiful at all hours of the day. Though the room water doesn't get extremely cold, cold bottled water was available throughout the resort.
Between my husband and I we've visited a number of Caribbean islands and believe Eagle Beach to be unrivaled. In Aruba, all beaches are public, making long walks on the beach an easy task. Even with this, the beachfront of Bucuti was never crowded. Palapas (which have since been replaced by umbrellas) were plentiful for all guests.
We chose the adults only resort because I was five months pregnant during my stay and looking for a "less rowdy" resort scene (from both children and adults). The bar at the beach was perfect for my husband to enjoy a drink and always had a crowd, but never too loud in the evenings.
Aruba is an incredibly easy island to navigate and we were able to see all of the sights with a jeep rental (though I recommend purchasing a very good map before you arrive... don't count on the one from the rental company.) There are many, many great restaurants throughout the island. You can easily get to Palm Beach by car and dine at any of the restaurants at the high rise resorts. It's fun to explore the other resorts and casinos, but we were always happy to come back to Bucuti in the evening and enjoy the quiet of our Tara balcony.
The concierge staff are very helpful with anything you need (we booked a jeep, snorkeling cruise and got great advice on restaurants.)
Breakfast was great; plenty of choices for a vegetarian (Aruba in itself is a great island for a vegetarian.)
We loved everything about our time at Bucuti and look forward to our new little one being old enough to spend a week with her grandparents so we can return.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort is award-winning and owner-operated. Recognitions include Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, Top 10 Romantic Retreats in the Caribbean, Green Globe High Achievement Award, and TripAdvisor's 2013 Certificate of Excellence. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Tingo, Orbitz and Venere so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.