“Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   L.G. Smith Boulavard 55 B, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Lexington, VA
“Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is top notch beach resort! The facilities were amazing but the best part was the staff and customer service! The food at the restaurant was spectacular, and I would highly recommend the romantic dinner on the beach... the 7 courses was cheaper than 3 in a normal dinner service!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (715)
  • Hungarian first
europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We booked our 7 night trip to Aruba with Mindy at Beach Bum Vacation. Mindy explained the different areas of Aruba (high rise vs low rise) and Bucuti was Mindy's favorite hotel on the island. Bucuti is not overly flashy, so dont expect the Ritz. It's a wonderful hotel with fantastic amenties and it's environmentally conscious. We had a Tara suite overlooking the beach and it could not have been any better. The suite had a spacious, modern living area and kitchnette and bed (with ok pillows) , quite simple bathroom (very average), and a balcony. Breakfast was great with a large america and european style selection. We spent most days relaxing on the beach. The beach is extremely wide, white sand, and not crowded at all. The color of the water is crystal clear. When we took excursions from the high rise area we were so happy that we didnt have to be on that beach or our dream beach vacation could have been a big disaster. Keep in mind that if you want hustle and bustle and lots of night festivities, this is not an area for you, especially not this hotel. Most people are at the hotel to have some R&R on the beach. Everything went to plan and Mindy's advice was perfect. we are so glad to have listened to her and highly recommend booking with Beach Bum Vacation

Room Tip: Only get the Tara Suites, do not choose the round hut like suites. Everyone has to pass to go to the...
Zephyrhills, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent a glorious week at the Bucuti for our honeymoon 5/20/2012 - 5/26/2012! It was everything and more than what we had read in our 13 months of researching Aruba and the high and low rise hotels.

The staff seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs and making sure that guests are comfortable and requests are met. They go above and beyond to add the extra special touches that set them apart from other hotels. We stayed in a 3rd floor Tara Suite and it was beautiful! Everything from the room to the spectacular view was incredible!

We ate breakfast at the hotel and the food was very good. We ate some days at the Pirate's Nest and some days in the Tara Lounge. One morning we had a very early excursion and breakfast would not have been served yet, so they called to ask us if they could prepare a breakfast for us to take along on our excursion. We did not ask for this, it's just one example of how they go out of their way to take care of their guests.

We had lunch and dinner at the hotel a few times as well and had no complaints about the food. It was all very good.

We didn't have any issues with the towels for the beach or for the room. Housekeeping was never an issue, our room was always made up well before noon and they did a very nice job. They even provided turn-down service in the evenings.

We were a short cab ride away from the high rise area. We went over there one day and one evening, but quickly realized how nice we had it at the Bucuti and that we had definitely made the right choice for our honeymoon!

All of the wonderful things you read about the beach, the rooms, and the staff are right on.

If you are looking for action, crowds, or water sports, this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a quiet, romantic get away with a hotel staff that truly makes you feel like family, this is the place to be. We will be back!

Room Tip: 3rd Floor Tara Suite rooms have great views! It was worth the extra money!
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I never write reviews, but this was a vacation well planned, meaning that I've read ALL the Bucuti reviews on tripadvisor, not just the recent ones, but everything. I've visited every Aruba message board on the internet, read the Bucuti blog months in advance and searched everything anyone ever said about the Bucuti on Twitter. You see, I don't like surprises when it comes to spending a truckload of money. Especially when it's a hotel like the Bucuti, where reviews differ from aweful to wonderful. Even though 98% of the people here say it's wonderful, it's possible that the 2% who say it's not as good as advertised COULD have a point.

They don't. I can't say it any plainer than that. My girlfriend and I just came back from a once in a lifetime vacation in Aruba. We stayed 10 days at the Bucuti and it blew our minds. Having read everything about the hotel months in advance I thought I knew everything, but the staff still surprised me with their friendliness and willingness to help you every which way to make your stay unforgettable. As far as service goes these people go above and beyond. But first things first.

The hotel: The Bucuti is picture perfect clean and in top shape all things considering. People need to keep in mind that this is not a museum. Things are being used and things break. Sun and wind are huge factors and considering all this, the Bucuti is the best kept place I've seen in ten days of Aruba. And we did drive around the island and saw the other hotels. Wi-fi is free in the Bucuti and that includes the beach! I still had wi-fi eating in a restaurant across the street. You can connect up to four devices onto your wi-fi account. If you didn't bring a device Bucuti will lend you a laptop for the duration of your stay. That's for free. At check-in you also receive Bucuti waterbottles (metal). It's hot in Aruba and the sun is stronger than you think with all this wind going around so make use of it. You can fill up the bottles at several water cooler stations on the hotel premise. (Bar, Pool, Tara Lounge, Bucuti Lounge).

The rooms: The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are big and comfortable. I don't know about you, but those are my top concerns. When the air dehumidifier gets too loud at night, guess what, there's a new feature most electronic devices have now. It's the OFF SWITCH. Same goes for the A/C. There's no way in hell, I would let my incompetence to press a button tarnish my vacation experience. So why people complain about the volume of the dehumidifier is beyond me.

Concierge: This is where the Bucuti truly shines. They do everything and they do it at once and with a smile. Reservations in a particular restaurant? They pick up the phone, make the reservation. Done. If the other side doesn't pick up the phone, they try again and will send a confirmation to your room. Car rental. Done. They are very helpful and most important of all they are nice people, which goes for everyone wearing the blue bucuti polo. You feel liked and you feel at home. It's one of the things money can't buy. And coincidentally it's the very things that make the Bucuti unforgettable.

The beach: Eagle Beach was just recently voted as the #2 beach in the world. That says it all. If not just imagine white sand, crystal clear water and palm trees swaying in the trade wind breeze. I took several pictures of the beach with my iphone and uploaded to Facebook (thanks to aforementioned wi-fi) and my friends accused me of photographing postcards or travel catalogues. I had to video conference and show them LIVE that that is really how it looks. Yes, the beach is that amazing. About the complaint that front row seats are usually already taken, I can only say that it's not a private beach, it's a public beach. Bucuti is not responsible for people getting up at 6 in the morning and putting their towel on the beach chairs and going back to bed. They even go as far as asking their guests not to do it. But that's people behaving like people no matter what the sign or a piece of paper says. My only advice is if you really need a front row beach chair SO badly that you're willing to complain when you can't get it, I'd wake up earlier than everyone else and make sure I'm the first one on the beach. If someone gets up at 5 in the morning during their hard earned vacation just so he/she can sit in first place, my hat's off to them. You've earned it, I guess. Me, I don't need that kinda drama in my off time. That beach is just as beautiful from second or third row and the sun shines on all of us.

The bottom line: The Bucuti is more expensive than a "normal" hotel because it's a world's better than a normal hotel. Once you're there you'll figure this out fairly quickly. We didn't even make it past check-in when we noticed "we're not in Kansas anymore" (well, we're from Munich, Germany really). For couples who like to enjoy some quiet time and escape their daily big city routine there is no better place to stay on Aruba. For singles or college kids looking for adventure or a fast time, they'll have more fun at Palm Beach, the island's High Rise Hotel area, with lots of bars, casinos and a Las Vegas strip like atmosphere. My girl and I were looking for some peace and quiet. We enjoyed watching the pelican bolt from the sky and dive into the water to get some small little fish time and time again. And the sunsets... oh my lord, you will never forget the sunsets.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Ewald Biemans in reply to review "“As good as it gets ... and then some.”

It is very impressive how much research you did and how much effort you put into writing this wonderful review and description of our resort.
We could not be more grateful for your positive comments, which we will be sure to share with our hard-working staff. We have an unwavering desire to facilitate happy vacations, and your review makes us glow with pride. Every day, we strive to have each guest enjoy their stay and our island as much as you did. I thank you for the encouragement and hope to have the opportunity to welcome and serve you again in person.

Ewald Biemans
Owner
Biemans@Bucuti.com
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had my wedding there and they did an outstanding job. I stayed 5 days and the service was impeccable. I had to visit a few hotels on the island to give out wedding favors and I can tell you that the Bucuti is the nicest. It is not the largest but I felt it was the cleanest due to the fact that they have tile floors and a dehumidifier in the room. This place is great if you have allergies. Unlike all the other hotels I visited Marriot, Hyatt, Westin, Holiday Inn which all of them smell like mildew with all that carpeting it's disgusting. I sadly had to go to Hyatt because my children were arriving and Bucuti does not allow children. I can say I absolutely HATE Hyatt. The bathrooms had tinted glass which you can see through. My children ended up staying with their grandma. Even though they changed the room one side had a curtain the other did not. It was very strange. So that being said, Bucuti is number 1. Also having visited the above mentioned hotels I can tell you that Bucuti is number one for weddings and their staff is the best I have ever encountered in a hotel Ever, Thanks, Bucuti I will be returning.

St Pete FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you are looking for a big resort with a lot of action, this in not the place for you. If you are look for a peaceful and beautiful stay with great food, free breakfast and a wonderful staff who are so eager to please, choose the Bucuti! We really enjoyed our stay there for 5 nights. Just beautiful. I won the trip and was given a Superior room which is actually the cheapest room. It was beautifully furnished and very comfortable. I was not there with a love, but a friend. I am sure it would be wonderful to go as a couple.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Apollo PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have gone to Aruba many times and the last 6 years have stayed at the Bucuti on Eagle Beach. From service to cleanliness to everything this hotel cannot be beat. They really care about their customers and treat them very well. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is first rate and wonderful. You won't regret staying there at all.

Room Tip: If you want oceanfront stay at the tara. it is worth every penny.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba? Share your experiences!