Stayed July 2-9 with my girlfriend in the Tara Suites building (top floor), and the one word that comes to mind in summing up our stay at the Bucuti & trip to Aruba, is "WOW". From the Owner, Mr. Ewald Biemans, to the Resort Manager Ms. Deborah Dintelman directly helping with accomodation requests, etc. .. to the Front Desk & Concierge Staff who assisted with Dining Reservations . . everyone was extremely professional, friendly, and very helpful. And on that note I have to give recognition & a warm thanks to Ruthsel (beach staff). A genuine warm, friendly, and helpful guy .. a shining star of the Resort Staff, we miss you our friend!!
On to the details.
The Room: No complaints about anything (if I HAD to pick one it would be the clothes iron was really in tough shape lol). Bathroom was nice, Bed was ULTRA comfy (wish we could have taken it home!), balcony was very spacious & nice to be out there . . and the VIEW, whoa .. all I can say is the Tara Streaming Cam did/does NOT do that view any justice! One of the most beautiful views I've ever had the fortune to experience with my own two eyes : ) The whole Humidifer issue that people report on. . not an issue whatsoever for us. I personally like the noise, it helps me sleep so. . I guess thats a personal kinda thing (as to whether or not it is bothersome).
Beach: Not much to be said here that others haven't .. Beautiful, Clean, never crowded. . waves got a little rough sometimes but not really an issue for us. Sunsets on the beach are not to be missed.
Pool area: Wonderful pool! The loungers & sunbeds were really, really nice & comfortable. I would say this is where my probably only real "complaint" comes in .. the "hotub" that isn't hot :-/ I understand some people are not into a hotub in a hot climate, and apparently it has to do with energy-conservation/the Resort's Green Initiative, but really. . if the whirlpool is not heated, it might as well be done away with. Add on to the pool, or build in another structure. . a cold water whirlpool/hotub just kind of takes up space and is not fun in the least :-/ Also, just a suggestion.. In my opinion some multi-color lights within the pool would really add some beauty & "awe" to the whole pool scene at night, which is really a fun place to chill at night.
Restaurant/Breakfast/Food: Ate at the Pirate's Nest for lunch only one day, and while it was hot sitting in the sun eating, food was good, no complaint here. Breakfast at the Pirate's Nest is, in the opinion of this severely picky eater, very good! Fresh fruits, scrambled & "made to order" eggs.. pancakes, bacon, breads, yogurts . . believe me, they have a really nice selection to work with. Birds were NOT an issue. . maybe one or two days we would have to shoo one or two away but that was it. How this could be huge, "complain about it in a review" issue is beyond me :shrugs: Went to the Tara Suites breakfast one morning to enjoy some A/C but left & went to the Pirate's Nest as the selection in the Tara Suites was limited in comparison.
Gift Shop: Had just about anything one could need in a pinch. . all kinds of snacks, drinks, toiletries, etc. . and at decent, not over-the-top prices. They also sell postage for postcards, which the Front Desk will send out for you .. just an fyi : )
Fitness Area & Business Center/Internet: Did not make use of any so cannot comment . . I like to use my time wisely on vacation . . RELAXING! lol
Just some tips. . Pizza Bob's is literally right outside (in front) of the Bucuti Entrance. A quick, close option for grabbing a bite (and even bringing it back to your room). Taxis are almost always just sitting out front waiting for passengers. Some really nice restaurants next door@The Manchebo, worth the two minute walk. They also have a Top Drive Car Rental desk/office there too which we rented from & was really convenient.
Like I said our time here was wonderful, and unforgettable. I now can understand why people not only return to The Bucuti year after year, but to Aruba in general. . one of the most fun, safe, beautiful, and friendly islands I have ever visited. We left a small piece of our Hearts in Aruba. .. and it is CALLING US!! So we really really hope to return someday soon to this Beautiful, truly Amazing place : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This adults-only, romantic resort, located on the expansive and beautiful Eagle Beach, is award-winning and owner-operated. Recognitions include Top 3 Beach Destinations in the World, Conde Nast Gold List, Top Resort in Caribbean, Top 25 for Romance in World, Green Globe High Achievement Award. Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts is eco-friendly and offers a tranquil boutique experience with friendly service. The intimate atmosphere is exclusive and relaxing to couples seeking tranquility and romantic experiences. Two top restaurants available on property and romantic beach dining. Breakfast is free daily. No all-inclusive packages available, because the resort encourages guests to explore the island and its many great restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Bucuti And Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
- Bucuti Beach Hotel
- Golden Tulip Palm Eagle Beach
- Golden Tulip Oranjestad
- Aruba Bucuti Resort
- Bucuti Beach Resort Aruba
- Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach