“A most wonderful, "Bucutiful" experience@The Bucuti” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba

You added Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba to your Saves list
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   L.G. Smith Boulevard 55 B | Eagle Beach Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach 00000, Aruba   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bronx, New York
“A most wonderful, "Bucutiful" experience@The Bucuti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Stayed July 2-9 with my girlfriend in the Tara Suites building (top floor), and the one word that comes to mind in summing up our stay at the Bucuti & trip to Aruba, is "WOW". From the Owner, Mr. Ewald Biemans, to the Resort Manager Ms. Deborah Dintelman directly helping with accomodation requests, etc. .. to the Front Desk & Concierge Staff who assisted with Dining Reservations . . everyone was extremely professional, friendly, and very helpful. And on that note I have to give recognition & a warm thanks to Ruthsel (beach staff). A genuine warm, friendly, and helpful guy .. a shining star of the Resort Staff, we miss you our friend!!

On to the details.

The Room: No complaints about anything (if I HAD to pick one it would be the clothes iron was really in tough shape lol). Bathroom was nice, Bed was ULTRA comfy (wish we could have taken it home!), balcony was very spacious & nice to be out there . . and the VIEW, whoa .. all I can say is the Tara Streaming Cam did/does NOT do that view any justice! One of the most beautiful views I've ever had the fortune to experience with my own two eyes : ) The whole Humidifer issue that people report on. . not an issue whatsoever for us. I personally like the noise, it helps me sleep so. . I guess thats a personal kinda thing (as to whether or not it is bothersome).

Beach: Not much to be said here that others haven't .. Beautiful, Clean, never crowded. . waves got a little rough sometimes but not really an issue for us. Sunsets on the beach are not to be missed.

Pool area: Wonderful pool! The loungers & sunbeds were really, really nice & comfortable. I would say this is where my probably only real "complaint" comes in .. the "hotub" that isn't hot :-/ I understand some people are not into a hotub in a hot climate, and apparently it has to do with energy-conservation/the Resort's Green Initiative, but really. . if the whirlpool is not heated, it might as well be done away with. Add on to the pool, or build in another structure. . a cold water whirlpool/hotub just kind of takes up space and is not fun in the least :-/ Also, just a suggestion.. In my opinion some multi-color lights within the pool would really add some beauty & "awe" to the whole pool scene at night, which is really a fun place to chill at night.

Restaurant/Breakfast/Food: Ate at the Pirate's Nest for lunch only one day, and while it was hot sitting in the sun eating, food was good, no complaint here. Breakfast at the Pirate's Nest is, in the opinion of this severely picky eater, very good! Fresh fruits, scrambled & "made to order" eggs.. pancakes, bacon, breads, yogurts . . believe me, they have a really nice selection to work with. Birds were NOT an issue. . maybe one or two days we would have to shoo one or two away but that was it. How this could be huge, "complain about it in a review" issue is beyond me :shrugs: Went to the Tara Suites breakfast one morning to enjoy some A/C but left & went to the Pirate's Nest as the selection in the Tara Suites was limited in comparison.

Gift Shop: Had just about anything one could need in a pinch. . all kinds of snacks, drinks, toiletries, etc. . and at decent, not over-the-top prices. They also sell postage for postcards, which the Front Desk will send out for you .. just an fyi : )

Fitness Area & Business Center/Internet: Did not make use of any so cannot comment . . I like to use my time wisely on vacation . . RELAXING! lol

Just some tips. . Pizza Bob's is literally right outside (in front) of the Bucuti Entrance. A quick, close option for grabbing a bite (and even bringing it back to your room). Taxis are almost always just sitting out front waiting for passengers. Some really nice restaurants next door@The Manchebo, worth the two minute walk. They also have a Top Drive Car Rental desk/office there too which we rented from & was really convenient.

Like I said our time here was wonderful, and unforgettable. I now can understand why people not only return to The Bucuti year after year, but to Aruba in general. . one of the most fun, safe, beautiful, and friendly islands I have ever visited. We left a small piece of our Hearts in Aruba. .. and it is CALLING US!! So we really really hope to return someday soon to this Beautiful, truly Amazing place : )

Room Tip: Only Deluxe Rm. in the Tara Suites Building, Rm. 345. Stay in the Tara Bldg@the Deluxe rate
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ewaldbiemans, Owner at Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
In reply to " A most wonderful "Bucutiful" experience@the Bucuti

You just coined a new name for our resort - if you allow us to use it in the future.

Thank you for your wonderful comments and our new name "The Bucutiful Resort" , were we hope to serve you again soon.....

Ewald Biemans
Owner
Biemans@bucuti.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Hungarian first
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This hotel is amazing for romantic trips. I was on my honeymoon and have a great time. The location of the hotel is perfect, away from the big hotels so it's quiet and romantic. The beach is the best of Aruba for me: wide, lots of shadow and away from the crowds, so you don't have to be 3 feet away from the next person. I was in the Bucuti building. The room (ocean view, third floor) was excellent, very clean, comfortable beds, big lcd tv and a nice bathroom. There was air conditioning but more important, a dehumidifier since the humidity is very high all the time. The staff is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and attentive, but above all, really friendly. If you're looking for a romantic trip, this is your hotel in Aruba.

Munster
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

This place is simply superb! Every last detail from the "Just Married" on the door, to the personalised champagne glasses say everything about the touch of class that is the Bucuti Beach.
Loved the view from the Tara Suites!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week in August and we can't wait to go back again. The location of the resort is great, very secluded and peaceful. It is outside of the fast paced, tourist packed places in the high rise areas, but close enough that if you want to spend time in the high rise area eating or shopping the cab fare is cheap and quick. There are also plenty of great restaurants within walking distance from Bucuti such as Screaming Eagle, Windows, and Pizza Bob's.

The resort itself is absolutely amazing. The grounds are kept in great condition, always clean and well maintained. We stayed in the Tara Suites so I can only describe our experience there. The building itself is wonderful; it was always kept clean and everything always worked (from the elevators to the key cards). The rooms in the Tara Suites are very well organized and decorated, with everything you need. The view from the balcony was amazing since it overlooked the beach, pool, and ocean. From the outside you can see that all the Tara Suites have an amazing view of the beach and ocean. The room comes with all of your standard amenities such as mini bar, closet safe, flat screen tvs, etc. Two great additions were the air purifier and the dehumidifier (which worked great at keeping the room nice and dry). I read several reviews saying that the dehumidifier was too loud or that they had to empty out the water collector too often. In my opinion it was not a hassle or a nuisance at all. We had it set at 50% and it would take a good 8-10 hours to fill up the water collector. Room service would change it out during the day and I would do it once before we went to bed.

The food at the resort was very good too. The breakfast selection was typically the same every day, but there was enough selection so that you don't have to eat eggs and bacon every day. Very good fruit and coffee too. The lunch and dinner selections were also tasty, with several very good seafood options.

The beach was also stunning. In my opinion, Eagle Beach really is the best one on the island. The beach area around the resort was very clean with plenty of space to lay around or to take walks. We never had a problem getting spots under one of the covered spaced on the beach since there were spots on either side of the Pirates Nest restaurant. Considering that we went back and forth between the pool and the covered beach spots throughout the day and always got a pool bed or beach spot was surprising to me.

One of the best things I can say about this resort is that it has one of the best staffs I have seen from all of my travels. Every single person, from the front desk, to the waiters, the towel collectors, and more were amazing. They always had a smile on their face and were ready to help you any way they could. From the food and drink service to making reservations at restaurants they made everything about our trip even more memorable.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Read 50 previous reviews and its consistent that this is a fine property well maintained with very good service. We picked Aruba for an August get away because it is generally out of the hurricane pattern and very nice weather this time of the year. Proximity of flights also was a consideration.
Reviewing a resort and a destination for recommendation is tough because of varied tastes and value at different price points.
This was our first trip to Aruba and can understand why it has one of the highest repeat rates for tourists. It think the high number of time sharing units has a lot to do with it but the weather is consistent and with strong economy it remains a stable place to visit.

Bucuti was consistant to the reviews found on these pages and they did very nice job at all levels. This is a small high quality well maintained property with one of the nicest beaches we have seen. The palapas were low density making for a relaxing environment. Only late in the afternoon at the bar did we hear any music when a steel drum was played with a nice background. We were grateful most of the day to only hear birds, the wind thru the palms and the sound of the surf.

There is no nightclub on the property and it was very peaceful at all hours.

The restaurant served a wonderful breakfast and did a very nice job with dinner on the one nite we ate there. It transforms nicely into the evening and the food and service was great. I have read reviews complaining about the birds here at breakfast. To that I suggest you just eat indoors at the alternative restaurant in the Tara building. If you don't like birds, maybe you need to rethink eating on site. We have experienced this at other small venues in the islands and it is never a problem for us.

Ownership and management are on hand most of the morning and are checking up on things. Nice touch without being intrusive.

We had a ocean view Junior Suite but had to change rooms on the last nite to an ocean view Tara suite which the resort did a nice job moving us. With the perspective of having stayed in both I would the only difference is the Tara is closer to the water, but the rooms are smaller with less amenities. Our Jr. Suite had double the terrace and view. The fit and finish of the room on par with the newer Tara building. We had a full size fridge and a table with 4 chairs. It was larger with a better layout. With a duty free liquor purchase on the way down, a quick trip to Lings for mixers and snacks, and usually left overs from dinner the nite before we found the amenity to be very convenient. The excellent breakfast and a modest lunch seemed to work best for us. The Tara room was very nice and perhaps had a nicer bathroom by a small margin. We had no dehumidifiers in the junior suites but two were needed in the Tara room.

Internet worked very well 95% of the time.

We thought the over all experience on the property was excellent and was of very good value. Our high expectations were met as was the level of service. We wanted a quiet environment and not intrusive papering.

The beach/ocean would be given a 5 star rating and was the major reason for picking this resort. The pool was modest with no ocean view. The furniture was excellent on the perimeter and never crowded. I never used it. Not for it being "modest", but with a world class beach just steps away there was not reason. The ocean was calm and perfect cool temperature to compliment the intense sun. If an amazing pool is a priority you might want to rethink this property.

For those looking for a holiday consistent with what a small hotel on a great quiet beach can offer I would very much recommend this property.

Room Tip: Jr Suites by a small margin over the Tara. Most interior view rooms were just fine from what I coul...
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

My now husband and I decided to get married at Bucuti Beach and Tara Suites and enjoyed our honeymoon there as well. Nashette was the most amazing wedding coordinator. Everything was perfect and the entire planning process was stress free.

The resort is AMAZING! There are not enough words or adjectives to describe Bucuti or the staff. Everyone was so friendly and knew us after the first few hours of being there. One of the ladies even cried when it was time for us to go home.

At checkout, we were already making plans for our next visit.

The pictures on line really do represent the resort perfectly!

Room Tip: The back door of the Tara Suites look right at the beach and water.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Have just returned from honeymoon in Aruba where we stayed at the Bucuti. This place is amazing. An eco friendly, boutique hotel with some really high quality service thrown in for good measure. The Pirate's Nest restaurant (although a tacky name) serves high quality food which catered for both vegeterians (my wife) and meat eaters. Ostrich steak, rib eye steak, pork ribs but just a few. The chef spoke to us regularly to see if all was ok and offered to make anything we wanted should we like something not on the menu.
The grounds are superb with more than enough sunbeds both on the beach and around the pool.
Happy hour is between 4-6 and 9-10 where they serve half price cocktails daily. The waiters will serve to the sunbeds (but its polite to tip).
Its a cashless resort which means its credit card on checkout. Very clevere as you are unaware of how much you have spent throughout your stay. We stayed here for 3 weeks so were a little scared of the final bill. Luckily for us it was a lot less than expected.
This place is the bees knees but what really stands out is the service you recieve from everyone who works there. From the guys that bring you cold towels to mop your brow on the beach to the maids who turn your bed down on a night, everything is perfect. Christian and Ceasar will make your evening meals even better with good banter and great service. A must for those people who wish to stay away from high rise hotels, commercial burger joints and of course....kids! An adult only hotel made perfect for honeymooners! Overall, its quite expensive but you pay for what you get. I wish we could afford to go back every year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bucuti & Tara Beach Resorts Aruba? Share your experiences!