My party of 6 adults stayed here from June 15-22. We arrived about 3:30 and got our villa right away. They explained about the chair tags and bracelets and told us how to get to our villa in the Lighthouse Tower. I thought the rooms were very well appointed. I liked the furnishings (nautical style), the beds were comfy, and the kitchen was more than adequate for our needs. Our villa had a beautiful ocean view with a table and 4 chairs on the patio which I used in the AM to read while everyone slept.
Pros: lots of space in villa, Serenity pool, market, air pumps for rafts, outdoor BBQ grills, kitchen
Cons: concierge is not a Marriott concierge, hard to find chairs even as early as 9 am, drink and food prices at pool
A little bit more about the concierge. They work for De Palm tours and are not impartial. If you want to do something and they have the tour that is what they will recommend - they will not give you options if they offer the tour. They are great for making dining reservations, etc, but do your homework ahead of time in case there is another tour operator out there who also has what you want and may be less expensive.
Observation: if you plan to go exploring and out to dinner a lot it is more than likely more economical to rent a car than pay for bus and taxis all week- especially with more than 5 people because then you will need 2 taxis as they can only take a max of 5 passengers per taxi. Our transportation fees for the week were easily $300.
We had great service while there and did not get asked to go to the timeshare presentation (we rented from an owner). The marketplace had a very good assortment of dry and cold pantry items as well as bakery items, sandwiches, and ice cream and their prices were decent.
Others have said it is easy to get a chair, but we did not find this to be true. Even at 9 am 80 percent of chairs at the Serenity pool had tags on them and did not have people occupying them until about 11.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Surf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Surf Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Surf Hotel
- Marriott Aruba Surf Club
- Marriotts Aruba Surf Club
- Aruba Surf Club
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Surf Club Aruba
- Marriott's Aruba Surf Club Palm - Eagle Beach