I recently went to Aruba for the 10th week in the last 8 years. I have stayed at the Surf Club and the Ocean Club each several times. I took 10 friends with us this time and we all had a good time. The thing that I have noticed over time is the discourteous attitude of the staff. At one point I asked the girl at the check in if she was mad at me for some reason.(she was just sullen and rude) I asked several people throughout the week on the beach if they had noticed any attitude changes over time, and everyone had similar thoughts. They all said that the locals seem to act tired of the vacationers, and did not want to go beyond the call for most needs. The food prices are getting out of hand at most restaurants, and the quality seems to be going down.
Surf club staff look tired and put out by the customers, frowns and distant attitudes. I know that people stop asking for help at some point, and if they do they will stop coming back. Repeat visitors are the backbone of tourism. I love Aruba and I don't want to stop coming, but I don't think I can get my wife back there. We make our own fun, but discomfort in the Surf Club property starts the visit off negatively.
I realize that americans seem a little spoiled, but that is because we live out lives that way. Not a negative thing, just an expectation. We will find places that will accommodate our needs.
I think the Island in general is slipping a little. I send this review as a warning to all concerned, because I have read several reviews of many different resorts on the beach, and many point out that the buildings are deteriorating (furnishings and others) not just Marriott buildings, but several other places. I hope this is just taken as an honest opinion so that this may be noticed and addressed. Good luck to all.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Surf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Surf Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Surf Hotel
- Marriott Aruba Surf Club
- Marriotts Aruba Surf Club
- Aruba Surf Club
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Surf Club Aruba
- Marriott's Aruba Surf Club Palm - Eagle Beach