“Anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Omaha, Nebraska
“Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Close to perfect vacation. Good location, wouldn't need car unless adventurous. Staff is very good. many good restaurants on site and close. Lazy river was high point for us. bought two tubes but probably could have inheirited from those leaving. Some people had really nice floaters
from Ace Hdwe. on island. Careful of Iguanas, not dangerous but scary to some (especially if you're floating on Lazy River and arm brushes against one sunning :) Very nice, typical Marriott, facility. A little noisy at times, ie bingo, etc, but adult pool is wonderful. Captains Table is nice little poolside grill/bar. Reasonable prices and they deliver. Look forward to next trip.

Room Tip: be careful of room on south beach area on weekend. close to very popular bar w/entertainment. Grea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Without someone in charge there is no way to resolve any issues. We checked our wheel chair (motorized and rented here for two weeks) at the bell desk stating we would be on a day trip, they sent it back to the company!!!! Would not take responsibility until we had the company come and tell them THEY sent it back. Bottom line a handicapped individual had to wait over two hours to go to the room because there was no wheel chair I would check to see if they have hired a general manager (not an acting one) before coming her again

• Stayed November 2012
Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stay at the Marriott Surf Club this past week was waaay too short. Hadn't been in 4 years and the improvements have made a difference. A new adult pool was added, the facilities were in excellent shape and the staff always friendly and willing to help. Rooms were in good shape, i think the only downside were the pillows.

Pool was warm, kids went around the lazy river for days on end. The beach was clean and the ocean beautiful as well. Access to the Ocean Club and Marriot Hotel and Casino as well. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't think there is a bad room at the resort but the higher the better view of the ocean.
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Loved the lazy river. Usually I am not a big pool fan, I would rather get out and see the sites and be away from the hotel room. But, this was a relaxation vacation, and I was talked into the Lazy river by my fiance. Glad we did it, as it was great. It was a relaxing float with great landscaping and some small wildlife. ITs entertaining and totally relaxing.

Rooms were great, didn't love the part that you have to pay for added maid service, but it is timeshares. The rooms were nice, love the beds and we had a 9th floor ocean view, which provided a great view of both the resort and the beach. Loved it.

Service was great, the staff is helpfull and friendly.

Would definately stay again. Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Visited the Surf Club November 3rd thru the 10th with my whole family. Ages were 64 to 3 months and everyone had a wonderful time. My husband was thrilled that they had the financial channels. Being that there were 10 of us plus the baby I got two 2 bedroom suites. Plenty of room for everyone. The units were very clean and well stocked. The kitchen had dishwashing detergent and there was laundry detergent for the washer/dryer as well. They also supplied us with paper towels and sponges. I have stayed in other timeshares where we had to bring our own and was pleased to see those little extras. If possible stay above the 4th floor so that the palm trees won't block your view. One of our suites overlooked the ocean and the other Marriott properties (which was great because I could see the Grandkids at the Iquana interaction each day at 10AM from my balcony) and the other suite overlooked the lazy river and pools. Both had great views. We were close to all the action in the new uptown area and walked there on several occasions to see the liquid fireworks and dine. I have to agree with other reviewers that the beach was not that great but we did a couple of trips to baby beach (highly recommended) and one trip to the midrise section Eagle Beach. The pools were so great that no one felt deprived. My son and I went parasailing right from the beach. It was on my bucket list and we both loved it! Did a snokeling tour as well as snorkeling at baby beach. My daughter and I did well at the Casino. Great on-site BBQ on Friday night. Perfect for such a diverse family. There were many kids activities but most of them had an extra charge. Same thing for the game room. We were here for the sand and sun but try to tell that to a 9 year old! Lazy river was a big hit for everyone. I brought a raft from home but wish I had brought a tube instead, much easier to navigate. We were given 3 free tubes while we were there by people that were checking out. We also passed them on when we left so don't worry about packing one as you can also buy them at the gift shop. Staff couldn't have been nicer. Very helpful whenever a question was asked. Quiet at night but for a family I can't imagine a better place. I have traveled all over and consider Aruba my favorite Island (next to Maaui and Kauai)! Hope this helps someone to experience what we did.

Room Tip: Higher up so you can see over the palm trees.
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Where to begin? This was my first trip to Aruba for myself, my husband and my five year old son. We arrived at the hotel about 3pm on November 4th, 2012. Check in was not a problem at all and our room was ready right away. We stayed in the lighthouse tower on floor seven in a studio. We had an awesome view of the ocean outside on the balcony. We had a studio unit which was perfectly fine for the three of us. It has everything you need if you are not going to be cooking "meals" , even then it still has a mini fridge and a microwave, toaster, and coffee pot. I made use of these items even though we ate out most of the time. I didn't want the stress of cooking and going to the grocery store for my first time, however when a beer or drinks cost $7 usd a piece I think I might stop by the grocery store next time :).

The room and hotel are very very clean, and the cleaning staff is constantly working or repairing anything that might even look weird. Security is everywhere and I mean everywhere! They stand on there feet all day long. Day after day looking after all of us. So show them some appreciation if you go even if it just to ask them how there day is. They are super nice people!

The best part of this place? The pools hands down. Lazy river, water slide, water fall, zero entry, swim up bar pool with volleyball, adult only pool. I mean this place makes you want to not go to the beach everyday especially if you have children.

The beach was meh not what I expected. It smells funny in front of the surf club do to the seaweed being buried in the sand and rotting there. The sand also had quite a few shells which I was not expecting. However if you walk down just a ways on either side of you the sand is fine and no smell. I thought this to be a little strange, but whatever I didn't stay at the beach very long on any given day and I will tell you why. This whole nonsense of renting a palpae ahead of time is a joke. I am not going to pay you any kind of money to sit way in the back to see other people's heads. If I am going to pay money to rent something I want front or second row. For people that have been there they know what I am talking about. It's also luck of the draw if you happen to get there when someone else is leaving to go home you could get up front. We arrived on Sunday, and on Monday when I went down she said there would be nothing in the first three rows open till Friday. But if I came back at 4pm to get a free one (yes they do that daily) I might get one up front. HA! that line was starting at 3pm. I was totally not going to worry about it at this point. Why you ask? THE POOLS! Sorry guys you do have to get up at 7am to tag your chairs, but no worries its yours for the whole day ;) so go back to bed if you can hehehe.

We ate breakfast and a couple of lunches at the resort which was alright nothing special, we ate breakfast a few times at hacienda right out front the resort on the beach a few times which was much better food and pricing. We also ate at Moomba beach a few nights for dinner it's super close. Of course we ventured over to Ruth Chris's in the marriott stellaris hotel. It was good but not like home for some reason. Madame Jeanette's was awesome if you want to venture out! Domino's Pizza delivers to the hotel ;) They have a small market if you need something you forgot at the grocery store or if you want to have a snack fix or ice cream!

Iguana's are everywhere they won't hurt you but occasionally they will jump in the pools but jump right back out. yes they will jump on you if you are in the way so just try not to lounge by a bush while in the adult pool just a warning :).

Game rooms, arcade, kids clubs, plenty of stuff for them to do.
This place is very nice and we are planning on returning next year around thanksgiving. If you have a family this is the place to be on the island. It is very safe and there are tons of tourists, natives etc that make this country safe and the happy island for a reason. It's nothing like the other caribbean islands. No wonder once you go you are hooked. You either you love it or you never want to go back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the best family vacations we've ever had. I'm all about clean rooms and let me tell you, they don't disappoint here. The location is wonderful, staff is very friendly and grounds are well kept.

We took advantage of the palapa's but they go quick! The highlight for my boys ages 6&7 was the lazy river. We were out there for hours everyday and have the sunburns to prove it. Lol.

All in all, everyone was so friendly including guests and that's what happens when most of your guests are satisfied. I would highly recommend this place. We hated to leave. Try em, you won't be disappointed.

Tip: Bring your own floaters for the lazy river. They have a free electronic air pump onsite.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Marriott's Aruba Surf Club? Share your experiences!