“Great value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa

Save Saved
You added Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa to your Saves list
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd 370, Palm - Eagle Beach 12000, Aruba (Formerly the Stauffer Hotel Aruba)   |
Ranked #21 of 23 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
New York City, New York
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Brickell bay and had a wonderful experience. Clean room and bathroom, great air conditioning, friendly staff, and I felt safe. This was a quick weekend getaway and I needed a hotel that had good amenities and was close to the beach and major resorts... and provided a great value. If I had been visiting for a week I would stay at one of the major resorts, but the Brickell Bay is perfect for a weekend getaway or when attending a destination wedding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Beverly Hills, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

They seriously need to review safety with their staff because my first night there I fell asleep and I awoke to find a man in my room. I was shocked that he had just let himself in my room with his key. He said he was from housekeeping and was there to check the heat/hot water. I complained about this to management but unfortunately a few days later a maid walked in my room (she had already been there to clean the room, this was several hours later) while I had just come out of the shower. Again I complained to management. The rooms are old, poorly maintained. It's not a dump but I found for the price I was paying to stay there the Radisson (which is directly on the beach) had the same price. The Radisson is much nicer. May and June is low season for Aruba (December-April high season) so you can get a great rate. Also this hotel offers free breakfast at Tomato Charlies which consists of a mini banana muffin (dry), butter, coffee, a croissant or your choice of a fried tortilla like pancake which looked gross. The food at Tomato Charlies is horrible, go for the free food if you must but its best to go to the Petit Café a few blocks away where they have a breakfast starting at about $7.99. Also check out The Queens Restaurant for some really good carribean food. I should also note that Aruba has a lot of iguanas running around. While I was relaxing at the pool, an iguana came and sat by foot. The native Arubans eat iguana in a soup, they say it tastes like chicken. If I had not hotel employees intrude into my room I would have given this property a three star review. The hotel is a less than a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Room Tip: Try and stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had a very bad experience! Never again! I remember staring at the many other hotels in the area feeling so disappointed with my decision and wishing I was a guest elsewhere. I requested a king superior room for my stay and they gave me a double bed room that smelled like complete mold and mildew!! The room looked NOTHING like the hotel online photos!! I immediately went back to the front desk who originally told me I would have to wait a day or so for a king bed and told them I wanted my money back and will be going to another hotel!! They told me that was not an option with an attitude and told me to call my travel advisor for a refund bc they could not issue one... I told them I wanted management NOW! At that point, they all of a sudden had a King, superior room available that looked just like the hotel photos that did not smell like water or mold!! The girl who showed us the new room said to us, "Some rooms do smell like water and that's why we have the dehumidifiers. I have allergy/ sinus issues and these rooms get to me all the time." REALLY????? Such a disappointing start! The beach area is about a 10 min walk and the chairs are ran down and raggedy!! I guess you truly do get what you pay for! NEVER EVER again... In other news, the bus stop is right outside the hotel, in a very populated area filled with local shopping and great food options. And this area of the beach is nice. But if I come again, I would go for the Hyatt!!! Wonderful grounds, great location, and excellent rooms! They got most of money just between their juice bar and great food!! There beach area is awesome too. The lady on the beach for Brickell Bay will tell you if you want food, get from Hyatt.. Do yourself a favor, spend the extra money if you can, and STAY SOMEWHERE else...One last thing, continental breakfast was a joke! Bread and juice.... Lost for words!

Room Tip: Dont stay here not unless they give you the room from the actual picture online! The other rooms are...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Over Memorial Day weekend I traveled to Aruba for the 1st time. The hotel is older but in the heart of the hotel strip and everything to do there. For the little time you will actually spend at the hotel since most likely you will be enjoying the amazing weather, this hotel is worth the value. The hotel is in the middle of all the restaurants and entertainment in the hotel are which was perfect for us. We didn't even mind that the hotel was across the street from the beach since we spent so little time there. It also was very sound proof for how noisy the area outside can be.

The staff was also very friendly and able to assist us very easily with making dinner reservations and setting up our transportation to and from the airport.

We did have some issues with our room being cleaned twice a day as they advertised and had to call the front desk twice to swap out the towels.

If you want a hotel with a great pool and restaurant included this would not be the hotel for you though. The pool was small and had 1 too many iguanas for my liking but both times I went we were the only people there and the pool bartender was very friendly and helpful. The only restaurant on site, Tomato Charlie's, did serve breakfast but that wasn't up to our liking since we enjoy healthier breakfasts than a bowl of bread.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Curacao
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel is very old and poorly maintained. The air conditioning sounds like a jet turbine and the beds feel like humid. We left the hotel and they didn't want to give us our money back. We went to another hotel and came back to let someone who cameto Aruba stay in there. For our big surprise they have rented our room without giving us our money nor informing us. After lots of discussions and waiting the manager decided to pay us back. Will NEVER go back there and neither should anyone. Two thumbs down!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amherst, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We have been going to Aruba for about 15 yrs now. We have a timeshare but always come extra days and this time we need to find somewhere to stay. We were so happy we picked the Brickell Bay Beach Club. From the moment we arrived Stanley greeted us and directed us to the front desk where we met Jessica. She is such an asset. She is always smiling, very efficient, and available to help in anyway. After check in Stanley helped with the bags and was always available for anything we needed. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The housekeeping manager was always around and eager to make your stay comfortable. Every night when we got back you room was tidied up again, there were fresh towels and the bed was turned down with chocolates on your pillow. Just like the big hotels. The Brickell is centrally located to everything. We decided not to rent a car this year because we could easily walk to everything. The people at the beach were very friendly and eager to help with your chairs. We definitely will stay there again. The only thing that we could find to complain about was the breakfast. I guess the only problem was it wasn't the typical "american" breakfast we were use too, but it was free so I guess we shouldn't complain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The room was clean and more then adequate for our visit.the accommodations were exactly as we anticipated.The five stars were earned by the staff.They could not have been more helpful,friendly,or accompanying.We will stay here again if we are Fortunate enough to get back this way again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!