“Don't Expect Much” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa

Save Saved
You added Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa to your Saves list
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd 370, Palm - Eagle Beach 12000, Aruba (Formerly the Stauffer Hotel Aruba)   |
Offers & Announcements
SUPER SAVING 25% OFF
Toronto
“Don't Expect Much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Even though you might be aware this is just a basic hotel and lower in cost in comparison to other hotel properties, it's still not worth the asking price (ex. terrible breakfast package, uninterested front desk staff, outdated rooms, expensive for a two star property)

Personally, I believe this property are for travellers on a really tight budget who desperately want to go to Aruba

By the time you realize how much you've spent, you might as well have rented a house in Aruba with a superior level of comfort and privacy

I can't say this is a terrible place to stay, but once you factor in what you're spending and what you're getting or not getting in return, in my opinion is not worth it. I can't imagine spending more than one night when the island has so much more value for your money to offer

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

As we all know, Aruba is expensive. Tip: travel during hurricane season- Aruba and Curacao are not in hurricane path so August and September, I find, have the best prices and the same sunny weather.
For someone who does not want to spen 400 dollars a night, Brickell Bay is an awesome choice. Rooms are large, cardio equipment in the fitness room is Life Fitness ( high end), pretty bar with music, across from the beach, towels, good service. Chocolates at night were a very thoughtful gesture!
Beach- beach is gorgeous. The only downside is that boats are parked right where Brickell reserved sun lounges so it gets noisy and smells of petrol. I took my sun bed to the beach area of the nearby all inclusive hotel - no one has ever said anything to me because the beach is public. Water mattresses can be rented for 5 dollars a day.
Food: did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel. Given that the hotel is in the middle of everything ( main road both ways), I went out every day- Starbucks in the morning, eggs at a cafe for lunch and dinners elsewhere. Food is super expensive but there are a lot of fast food places around if you are into it.
Basically, by staying at Brickell Bay, you save a lot of money to enjoy Aruba. Eating out every day was much more fun in a tiny place than being stuck in an all inclusive resort which looked like a casino.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor so that I did not hear the noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After a bad experience with an apartment we booked prior to arriving in Aruba, We started driving and looking for a new place. We found the Brickell Bay and LOVE IT!! It was the low season and we were lucky to find a good place for a good price last minute. It had everything we needed, good location 4 minutes walk to the beach, restaurants and around 10 minutes walk to a grocery store. The staff made it feel like a 5 stars hotel! They were very helpful and nice. Specially Jessica our lovely front desk girl!! Beds were comfortable, we didn't have any issue with noise while slepping. The pool has a bar were you can enjoy a welcome drink. I agreed with some reviews they should include a better breakfast, but I had the south american breakfast, with fresh orange juice and coffee and it was good. It's nice to get up and don't go far for a coffee and quick bite before you start with your day. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: i stayed in the 2nd and 3rd floors. They were both quiet. the King beds were very comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Compared to some of the other hotels nearby, Brickell Bay is very basic, but it had everything we needed and is in a good location near the beach and restaurants in the high rise area. It got an extra star for the friendly staff and the convenient restaurant attached. We stayed in a deluxe room with a king bed. I was surprised that there are no ocean view rooms -- the hotel is perpendicular to the sea -- but then I realized many hotels there are built like that. I don't know if it's a function of the sun or wind, or odd-sized property lots, but it would have been nice to have a better view. There is a strip of restaurants next door (Salt and Pepper is good) with outdoor live music in the evenings, but we couldn't hear it from our room (over the air conditioner). The pool is small but nice, and the pool attendant is very friendly and cheerful. The wifi was unreliable on the upper floors but ok in the lobby. It's probably the best-priced hotel in the area, but if you want more than the basics, and are willing to pay more and go across the street to one of the Big Name hotels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Paramaribo, Suriname
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brick ell Bay Beach and Spa was really nice.We went there for a week,the service was good,the hotel was modern and the people at the reception were very friendly.they gave great advices,we went to sunset cruise and the submarine tour,it was great.the island was very clean and relax.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came here as a last minute trip to celebrate my birthday with my fiancé and it was an ok resort some of the front employees were not really nice or friendly....overall the stay was ok the place was right next to the strip with restaurant shopping stores bars/club it was perfect to walk out at night and head either direction and have a good time...the pool was beautiful and the girl who was attending the bar by the pool was very helpful and sweet they should have have friendly and happy staff like her there..the room was not all that but it was decent to sleep and the view was not all that nice either I would have expected a better beach sight but all the hotels beach front were sold out. But everything else work out fine and me and my fiancé still had a blasttttt in Aruba

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I decided to add a last minute two days onto a vacation in Aruba and chose this hotel. Upon check in my husband and I got Sandra at the front desk. When your on vacation and spending a lot of money and you have been traveling for hours the last thing you want to deal with at arrival is a miserable employee. She didn't even crack a smile. Sandra was so rude about everything. At one point this lady from a restaurant delivered food take out and placed it on the counter for Sandra... Sandra just took the food and walked away behind the door to put it somewhere. She didn't even excuse herself or say she would be right back! Like hello??? I'm trying to check in!!! So disrespectful.
She also wanted my husband to sign off on a credit card Security deposit but it didn't even list the the deposit amount of 100.00. The amount was just blank with my husbands credit card info. I didn't feel comfortable with the blank amount and my husband signing it. She was so rude about it. We ended up doing a cash deposit to be safer. Anway if you want your vacation to be off to a good, happy, friendly start look out for Sandra.
The sad part is I work at the airport in customer service and I recommend hotels all day everyday... This won't be one of them. You should really be careful who you are being rude to. If you choose to work in customer service you shouldn't be rude period!
I was bummed that my hotel room didn't have a fridge. In 90 degree heat you really want one. There is also no balcony. I really wanted to hang my bathing suit to dry.
I only stayed at this hotel for 2 days and had reservations at the Holiday Inn for the rest of the week. Checking out of Brickell Bay the women Sandra was rude again. (No surprise). She WASNT going to give us our 100.00 security deposit unless I found the receipt for it. She knew exactly who we were and remembered that we paid the cash deposit. The guy even had record of it in computer. (That wasn't enough). Glad I found the receipt!!!
We couldn't wait to get out of there. We didn't even wait for a cab. We walked with our luggage to the Holiday Inn. From start to finish the Holiday Inn was so much better. Pay the extra money. You won't be let down!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!