We returned home today from a two week stay at Brickell Bay. We have stayed in Palm Beach twice per year for the past five years, always at The Mill Resort but thought we would try somewhere else this time and for this reason, this review is partly a comparison between the two as both hotels are much more inexpensive than the others in the area. I intend to give a completely fair account that agrees with what many other reviewers have already said - both the good and the (not so) bad.
Many people have commented that Brickell Bay is lacking in standard. I would strongly disagree. Brickell Bay is at the standard you would expect for the price you pay. There is nothing wrong here, if you want luxury then pay the high rise price, if you want to save a little money then go for the perfectly adequate Brickell Bay or Mill Resort.
Both hotels are similar with the 'towel' aspect. One towel is fine for a man, but as a woman I would like one towel for my face, one for my body and one for my hair. In both hotels the lack of towels and facecloths was an issue, in Brickell Bay however the request for more of them was dealt with within a reasonable time, it took 24 hours for The Mill to respond (on several occasions).
The staff in Brickell Bay are all lovely, particularly around the pool where they are very attentive. In the Mill Resort most of the staff are fantastic, but they have the odd one or two (well one actually!) that Mill Resort reviewers constantly complain about.
It is true what many reviewers have said about the water bottles and the fruit in the room - it doesn't happen! You get one bottle of water between two of you on the first night and that's it. However, you do get a bowl of grapes as you sit by the pool.
As for the two hotels - The Mill Resort is by far the prettiest, it has a pool second to none and all the rooms have balconies or patios. Brickell Bay does not have balconies/patios which is a bit of a miss and the pool is a place to 'have a dip' in, rather than a swim. However, the Mill Resort has a problem with mosquitoes due to it being near a 'wet' area and the fact mosquitoes can access either by the balcony when the door is open or by the room door which is always wedged open when the staff clean (access to open air outside, not internal passageway as in Brickell Bay).
The Mill Resort rooms are larger than Brickell Bay rooms and have more amenities (balcony, fridge, coffee making facilities, jacuzzi- Brickell Bay has none of these) but have bad lighting so the ladies will prefer the stronger lighting and magnifying mirrors in Brickell Bay.
Both hotels are a few minutes walk to the beach. However, The Mill resort stands alone and the shortest walk from it is to the beach, everywhere else takes longer to walk, including the bus stop. Brickell Bay has a similar few minutes to get to the beach but it is smack in the middle of Palm Beach, and you can't get a better location than that.
To tie this up - my opinion is that if you want luxury - go to the high rises. If you want a decent hotel at an affordable price then choose between Brickell Bay or the Mill Resort. For my money - Brickell Bay is in a better location than even the high rises. I would like the Mill Resort best if it was in the location that Brickell Bay is) but on reflextion between the two I will probably book Brickell Bay next time rather than the Mill Resort. I will miss the balcony and the pool and the fridge and the jacuzzi of The Mill Resort though - but when you stay at Brickell Bay it's just so great to go out for the evening and not have to walk ten minutes to get back to the room (and then squash mosquitoes) .
- Also Known As:
- Brickell Bay Beach Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Brickell Bay Beach Club And Spa
- Brickell Bay Beach Club Hotel
- Brickell Bay Beach Hotel Aruba
- Brickell Bay Beach Palm Eagle
- Brickell Bay Beach Club
- Brickell Bay Aruba
- Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully renovated with a combination of Superior and Deluxe rooms and suites, offering a true boutique experience with FREE WiFi internet in hotel lobby, complimentary Continental breakfast, turn-down service, free business center and bell service at no extra charge. Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa boutique hotel is located on the prestigious strip of Palm Beach, surrounded by over 30 top rated restaurant and world class casinos and all within 3 minute walking distance. Enjoy snow white sandy beaches across the road with beach service, and free beach lounge chairs. Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa boutique offer added value rates with all the extra amenities you will come to expect from such a unique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.