“Great value without going bankrupt” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa

You added Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa to your Saves list
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   J.E. Irausquin Blvd 370, Palm - Eagle Beach 12000, Aruba (Formerly the Stauffer Hotel Aruba)   |
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
East Orange, New Jersey
“Great value without going bankrupt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We just got back from staying at this hotel 1/8 -1/12/13.
1) Staff____They were great, I must mention Stanley bellhop. He helped us with questions on navigating the island and gave tips on places we can visit. The front desk was prompt with resolving any problems we had. House keeping forgot to replace our towels but as soon as we called it was sent up.
2) Location____PERFECT!!! It is in the heart of everything literally. When you walk onto the main street, walk left or right to eat, shop, have drinks, party or gamble. You won't get views of the ocean, but you can pay $500 a night if you want that from any of the high rises.
3) Rooms____ The renovated room we stayed in was good. The King size bed we had was great at nights. The sheets did not look new but they were clean. The bathroom was clean and well kept.
4) Housekeeping____ I think they need to be a tad more polished. They forgot to replace towels one day and we had to request shower gel after they cleaned our room one day.
5)Environment____ Pool side is private and the poolside bar is great. They have lovely outdoor lounging areas all around the pool. I wish the pool was open all night. The Sand Bar is a newly opened bar linked with the hotel. They have live entertainment as well as A dj mixing it up all night. For the people complaining about the music it's probably better if they stay in the low rise hotel area. They are more quiet over there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lobby side are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
brickellbayaruba, General Manager at Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Mr. Dboytt

Thank you for your review as per your past visit to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa Boutique hotel. Our hotel being a beautiful hotel, focus on providing guest with personalized service and providing a tranquil atmosphere throughout the hotel and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit.

We are constantly working on improving our facilities and services and we welcome your feedback as per our linen. We always like to know from guest how we can improve and we thank you for the comment and I will surely look into this to ensure all guests are provided with only the best of what our hotel has to offer.

My team and I look forward welcoming you back at Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa Boutique hotel on your next visit to Aruba. Feel free to contact our reservations department on your next visit to assist you with all your reservations needs.

I thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home.

Regards,

Juan Keyter
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Brickell Bay is surely our new home, it was out 5th visit to the island and have stayed at all the Branded hotels and this time we booked at Brickell Bay due to a very good rate was got on the net. We had a great time, room was clean, and its looked new, the beds are best ever.

Staff was always friendly and always asked us how we were doing, Sandra and Marc as front desk was wonderful. We just love the pool area and the surrounding as it was always quit and with not a lot of people, most days we had the pool for our self. The location is great and we could walk to all the restaurants and the casinos were right across the road. We went to the beach only one day due to the fact that it was almost raining every day but it was better than 35 degrees back home.

Thank you for all the staff and management of the hotel for a wonderful time at your hotel. We will recommend Brickell Bay to all our friends. Why pay the branded hotel rates if you only sleep in the room. We got free breakfast basket every morning and had a fridge in our rom that was great because we could stock up on snacks.

We enjoyed our trip and staying at Brickell Bay and we will book again at this hotel next year.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've gone to Aruba every Christmas break for 10 years. I've stayed at the Radisson and the Mariott, but I wanted a change and decided to stay at the Brickell Bay. It was a great decision. The rooms were very inexpensive, yet clean and very nice. The service is outstanding, and the food is delightful (not to mention that there is a great pizza place attached called Tomato Charlie's). The pool bar also stays open throughout the entire night for dancing, food, and so much fun. When I returned to my room at night, the music was barely heard, and I was able to sleep perfectly. The staff was genuinely nice and helpful, constantly asking us if we wanted something to eat, drink, or anything else. The pool bar at night played a ton of great music at a reasonable volume, served great drinks, and even serves late night food! The hotel has a great pool area, and is only a five minute walk to the beach! Overall, my stay at the Brickell Bay was outstanding, and I couldn't have asked for a better trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rachel

I want to thank you for your review left as per your past visit at Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa Boutique hotel, it is truly our pleasure to host you during your visit to Aruba and look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel on your next visit.

For feature reservation, please feel free to contact our reservations department to assist you with all your reservation needs.

Kind Regards,

Juan Keyter
Aruba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stay if you want to be in the middle of it all without paying the high rise prices. The staff are very friendly and the hotel has a lot of great attachments such as the tomato Charlie's restaurant and the sand bar. The renovated rooms were not professionally done, the sheets were not new and we had to constantly keep asking for things that were either removed from the room and not replaced, for example they took the towels and never replaced them, or things that were supposed to be replenished, like bath gel. I think they have a management staff coordination problem. The price of the hotel in my opinion is worth it only because of the location, but I can stay in a much cheaper place and rent a car. I probably will not stay here again.
My advise if you tend to take attention to details seriously DO NOT stay here. If you want to be where all the action is on a budget, then you can stay here. Overall I give the place a C+.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I returned from the Brickell Bay last week and had a great experience. The staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean, and the restaurant connected to the hotel (Tomato Charlie’s) had outstanding pizza. During the day I spent my time at the pool, which was quite nice. The staff members placed towels on the chairs daily and were quick to asking us if we needed anything. To go along with this, the pool bar was great. It provided us with music, which was played at a comfortable volume, beach tennis, and terrific tasting drinks. The pool bar stays open through the night and provided a place to dance and have fun. When I got into my room at night, the music was barely heard and I was able to sleep great. Overall, my time at the Brickell Bay was enjoyable and I would definitely recommend the experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have stayed at all the big name hotels in the Aruba area, the Radisson, the Hyatt, The Marriot, and this recent trip staying at the Brickell Bay Beach Club was by far one of my most enjoyable. The pool is nice during the day and the beach is a 5 minute walk across the street which is very convenient. There is a new bar, The Sand Bar, that opened up right by the pool where the food is terrific and at night it was a great place to go and enjoy a few drinks. Contrary to other reviews, my sleep was not once ever interrupted by music from the bar. I was in room 416, beautiful by the way, in which I could actually see the bar from my window and still was never woken up from the music. Coupled with the overall comfort of the bed, I slept like a baby all 13 nights I was there. The restaurant connected with the hotel, Tomato Charlie's, was some of the best food I had the entire trip and the service throughout the entire club was first rate. Overall just a very enjoyable trip from start to finish.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and very nicely put together.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Everything about this place was great - the staff, the room, the service, the location, the price, the continental breakfast - except the previously mentioned loud blaring music.

Our first night we were in a room close to the loud pool bar - we managed to fall asleep about 1:00 more than likely because we were exhausted from travel.

On night #2 our A/C stopped working about 11:30 - we asked the front desk if they could send someone to fix it and they said the maintenance people had left but they would give us another room to sleep for the night. That room was on the other end of the hotel away from th noise and was much much quieter. So much so that we requested to be moved to that room permanently & they were ok with it. We could still hear the music but it was not near as loud.

I would stay here again on the caveat that I had a room closer to the main street.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa? Share your experiences!