“Great food despite mall location” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
CT
“Great food despite mall location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am not much of a mall rat myself, so I was not too excited about dining in a mall, especially on vacation. However, I would definitely return, as the food was both very reasonably priced (for Aruba) and tasty. We were a large family group. We chose to eat indoors, but there is also "outdoor" seating (still under a mall roof) where there is sometimes live music. The one thing I did NOT like about the indoor seating is that there was a large screen TV mounted on the wall right in my line of vision (one of several, and not just at the bar) that ran continuous ads with a running ticker tape about Taste of Belgium below. I found this incredibly distracting. Shame on me for not asking them to turn it off -- I will do that next time.

For beer lovers there is a wide variety of Belgian beer (with an advertised beer tasting on Wednesdays). My husband ordered the Flemish beef stew which was absolutely delicious, and not too heavy ($19.25). I had a tasty chicken and avocado salad. Our girls split the chicken vol au vent puff pastry (good but quite filling -- not my favorite for that reason). Several of us had soup for starters, and everyone raved over both the tomato soup and the mushroom soup.

The service was prompt and friendly, and it was a very enjoyable meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Werner V, Owner at Taste of Belgium Restaurant, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear,

Thank you for your extensive review and recommendation.
Always great to read that our guests had a truly excellent experience at Taste of Belgium Restaurant.
We look forward to welcome you again soon.

85% Recommend
“Good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Waitress started with the specials which include movie tickets.
Low romantic light and soft music set the stage for a relaxing dinner.
Grouper and roasted breast chicken wrapped in prosciutto were both good.
A little mishap,
1. asked for a no-ice OJ and drank a iced one;
2. finished with a Nutella crepe that came after a long period (enough for a chat and this review)
The overall experience was good. I would recommend this european restaurant

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Thank you for your review.
Always great to read that our guests had a good experience at our restaurant.
We look forward to welcome you again the next time you will visit Aruba.
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Back again this year and the food, service, atmosphere and prices were all excellent. Wish I could have their chef in my kitchen at home! Was happy to not see a waiter we had last year, Ferry. He was such a perv, trying to get my friends and I to leave the whole resort area with him and his friends. No Thanks! When we said no thanks, he got extremely annoyed and sped off.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Thank you for your review.
Great to read that you had a nice experience at Taste of Belgium Restaurant.
Hope to see you again next year.
Nevada
“Now disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Was initially impressed by a previous experience here a year earlier, and finally found an authentic Belgian waffle, outside of Belgium. We went back JUST for the waffle, and at $8 for a single waffle, you know it should be amazing. Our entire group ordered one and we all concluded that they had made them ahead of time and reheated them. We asked the waiter and he hesitated and said they had not, but the waffles were not fresh, crisp or hot. No pride was taken in the food at least this time around. We won't be back, too many other good options in Aruba.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Thank you for your review.
We feel very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit to our restaurant.
We hope you will give us another chance so we can make sure you will have a nice memorable experience at Taste of Belgium Restaurant.
Please contact us at werner@mparuba.com
Aruba
“Great food but where has service gone?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I love the restaurant and its menu very much, and the service used to be amazing. Today, however, it was like our table was invisible. I had to stand up a few times to go ask for a server's attention.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Thank you for your review.
We feel very sorry that the service was off that day.
Please contact us next time on werner@mparuba.com so we can make sure everything
will run smooth and we can make sure you will have a nice memorable visit to Taste of Belgium.