“Two stays, can't wait for the next” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
“Two stays, can't wait for the next”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Been to the Occidental, the Rennaisance and a couple more in Aruba, but the Divi Phoenix is still my favorite. Location is not perfect but really good, at the edge of the high rise hotels. Eagle beach is just a 10 minute walk away, but the beach and pools at the hotel are just perfect. Great Gym, clean rooms. Been there twice, the second time we stayed at the "old" building that is not that impressive, though. Go for the newer ones, you won't regret it!

Room Tip: Pick the newest buildings, the rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We love Auba! We love the Diva Phoenix as well! This was not our first trip and will not be our last. The staff is always helpful and service oriented. The only reasons I am not giving 5 are the details such as: in our room, the small appliances are old and on the lower end of quality. The shower doors were installed incorrectly which resulted in a flood with each shower. The pure restaurant right near the pool is grossly understaffed resulting in slow slow service.l (food is excellent! )
The wonderful employees, the beach and sun make you overlook those small nuisances.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I just returned from a week at the Divi Phoenix, where a friend owns a timeshare. I traveled with 2 other girlfriends. Based on my (very limited) research, I went into this trip just planning to relax and enjoy the laid back pace of pampered island resort life for a few days. I got exactly what I expected.

Aruba is known for being a very friendly place. I took that to heart, so made sure that I always greeted everyone - said good morning, asked how they were doing - before getting down to whatever business I needed to do with them. That does add time to every interaction, but it also means that I got to know a bit about the people working there - and they know me. I prefer to travel that way, so I felt fortunate to be in a place that encourages that.

Everything about the Divi Phoenix, from the design of the lobby and rooms to the limited wifi availability upstairs, helped me remember that I was completely out of the hustle and bustle of NYC. We spent several of our days and nights just unwinding in a place that shuts down before we would normally even be going out in the city. On the nights that there was music, it was over before the first set starts at most of the music places in NY! And, because so few people come out to hear the music, the Pure Beach floor has minimal staffing. Rafael covered a lot of territory by himself on the night that we sat on the floor! (He also did a great job sitting in with the Joyride Band at the Hard Rock later in the week.) Sit at the bar if you want your drinks quickly. The guys there - especially Jude during the day and Leto at night - were very friendly and attentive. During the day, if you're at Pure Beach, I recommend making friends with Rizqua who is also a lovely, attentive person. :)

The front desk staff was also very responsive. I was amazed that the young lady who checked us in remembered our room number when I had a question on my last day there! Max was great tech support for one of my friends who had trouble getting her phone to work. The bell men offered helpful suggestions on restaurants. For activities, just check in with Chris, the water sports guy, or see Marshall for water aerobics at 10 and he'll tell you what is going on the for day.

Like everyone else, I was not in love with most of the food I had at the Divi (spoiled NYer, so take it for what its worth). I do recommend going shopping so that you can have breakfast and coffee in the room every day. We also picked up some lunch things so that we could choose when to eat out. Grocery store prices were high even for NYers, so expect some sticker shock there.

As for the rest of the trip, we did go out a few nights. One of my friends is a dancer and I'm a musician, so we went to find music of all sorts. The Joyride Band was, even by my spoiled NY music standards, a great cover band. We saw them twice and enjoyed every minute of it. Keytar Jeff is at Sopranos in August and March. I've never seen a keytar player, so that would have been fascinating in and of itself, but he really is a virtuoso with the instrument. Of course, that assumes that your definition of virtuoso includes pulling off flawless renditions of the guitar sounds of Santana, Metallica and some astonishing Chicago blues on a hybrid keyboard/guitar instrument. The Mill was great for late night dancing. It is outdoors and opens after the other bars close so there is quite a mix of people there, mostly under the age of 35.

I would say the Divi is a good place to be introduced to Aruba, especially if you do not do a lot of international travel. It was just American enough to be comfortable for most US citizens. Everything could be paid for in dollars and the menu was very US centric. The staff was comfortably multilingual (though that will be true all over the island due to the school system that has elementary students working in 4 languages.) However, you are clearly not in the US. The language that I heard most often among the staff seemed to be a blend of Spanish, Papiamento (maybe?) and English. Everyone (cab drivers to cleaning staff) was willing to chat far more than in the US and as happy to share about their lives as they were interested in ours.

More importantly for me, though, it was a very good place to unwind and forget about all of those work emails that really could wait until today. Make sure to turn on your out of office auto reply and just enjoy it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

The kitchen was fully stocked even with Tupperware and corkscrew. Ice machine down hallway, BBQ outside to use, you can ask deli for utensils to use. Resort can use a little TLC., beds very comfortable. Wifi had to be used on patio only. 3rd level 308 thru 310 is where I would have loved to be in the villas or the other side with pool view. Other guests are serious about getting down early for the papillas on the beach. Very nice beach and pool areas. Nice workout room and deli on site. We rented a car which was nice I would get SUV next time.

Room Tip: I would recommend going and looking at room before booking it and unloading
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Medford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

I really enjoy my stay here. The resort is at the beginning (or end depending on how you look at it) of the strip of hotels. It stays relatively quiet down by this hotel. I like that I can get away from all the hustle and bustle of crowds and load music. The beach here is absolutely beautiful. The room was comfortable and clean. I recommend this hotel to all those that are not into staying right in the middle of all the action. Restaurants on premises were also pretty good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. This was the first time we have taken the kids to Aruba. One big thing that stands out about this property is that there is no casino. Many properties with casinos have the smoke wafting throughout the area near the casinos and they can sometimes smell like big open bars.

The shape of the resort ensures all suites have a nice view of the pool, the beach, or both. We were located on the 7th floor in a 3 bdrm penthouse suite with a great view of the pool and beach. There was plenty room for the whole family to spread out and enjoy the space without feeling like we were piled on each other. The suite has 2 floors. 1 bathroom downstairs with the family room with a queen sized sofa bed and full kitchen and large dining area. 2 bathrooms upstairs. All 3 bedrooms were upstairs. The master bedroom suite has the bathroom included. There are 2 balconies - 1 on each floor.

We cooked often for all meals especially breakfast and ate out for either lunch and dinner. Food prices are a little high at Super Foods, but there is an IGA called Ling and Sons with more comparable pricing to the states with quality and recognized brands. Plus, there is a good discount there that you receive with a Divi Advantage card - a resort rewards program with discounts at several places. The percentages vary, but it is a nice benefit if you qualify.

The beach was our favorite spot. Beautiful sand. Not too crowded, ample spots, gentle waves, family friendly. Oh wait, the pool was an equal favorite for the same reasons. This hotel is located at the start of the high rise hotels and is a good spot because there is not another hotel too close that crowds the beach. The pace is very relaxed. You don't feel pressured or rushed. No stress. You can really detox here. There are no very large crowds.

The property is located within easy walking distance of many shops and restaurants. We have decided not to get a rental car/van for our next visit to Aruba. We spent more on transportation this trip than we did on the resort. We paid $750 for a late 1980's Ford van with poor quality rented from the airport locations that we never would have received in the states. It stayed parked for over half our visit.

We will return to Aruba again. It is a relaxing environment with very friendly people. My family enjoyed it and my kids can't wait to return.

Stayed August 2014
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We've been Phoenix Timeshare owners since construction in 1997. As a longtime owner I'm very disappointed that our requests are NEVER granted but glad to see so many non-owners are getting such great service. We had to pay almost a double maintenance fee this year because our older villas need updating. I thought that's what our yearly regular maintenance fees were for?
Since airfare is so high, its likely we won't get to go next year to see what our overpriced fees paid for. So I requested we get to stay in an updated room or at least in the newer villas. Nope, I made request with Divi's headquarters in NC and the woman spoke to me with a very snotty tone and I was very nice to her and explained what I wrote above. Our room had stains on the curtains and bath towels, a dirty band aid on bathroom floor and hair in the tub that was obviously not ours!
This was our 10th trip to Aruba but our worst trip ever. It started with Dollar Car Rental aweful service, but that's a long list of terrible you wouldn't believe. The biggest shocker is that my purse
Was stolen from my beach bag while we were taking sunset photos 15feet away. The Phoenix has 2 security guards walking around, where were they?? When I saw them they were either watching TV or chatting with other workers. The night my purse was stolen, the workers at Phoenix didn't care. The security lady took a report of what was in my bag and that was it. My family & I were frantic looking for my bag, hoping it was tossed somewhere cause Dollar Rental said they will charge me $250 to replace lost key. We searched everywhere that night&next morning, cancelled our snorkel trip we booked. Went to front desk that morning to get Manager, she was nice, walked us to police station next door to file a report. The officer wrote my info in a 1 subject notebook. During this time a resort worker calls the managers cell phone, he found my purse on the beach not far from where we were. VERY strange cause we looked everywhere. The cash was gone but rental car key in bag. Dollar still charged for key, they said copy was already made which must be a lie because we called them 40min after they brought another car. It was great my purse was found and only $60 lost but I would think Divi would offer some sort of kindness, like free drink or something considering they pay for security that doesn't do their job. No email or Coorespondence from Divi headquarters either. From reading the reviews and talking to the guests at Phoenix, they are treated better than the timeshare owners. I'm sure they pay alot less too. The resort is beautiful but with all else said&done I cannot recommend buying timeshare with Divi and DON'T use Dollar car rental!

Room Tip: Supposed to have free Wifi but didn't work in rooms, only in lobby. This resort is closest to t...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!