“Fun Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Pennellville, New York
“Fun Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I must tell you that the Phoenix has a beautiful beach......the place seems to always be popping. We had dinner one night at Pure Ocean sitting on the sand watching the sunset. It was beautiful!
Pure Beach is more casual and we had lunch at least 3 times while we were there. We just love the setting and if we go back to Aruba we will definitely next time stay at the Phoenix since we spent so much time there this trip. The resort is beautifully maintained and the staff is friendly. To me its just a wonderful place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Carrollton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and i, my son and his girlfriend, her parents and her brother and his wife (and their infant son) all decided to travel to Aruba from different parts of the country. We stayed from 3/9/14 to 3/13/14. We each made our own separate reservations for our own room. When my wife and I arrived at the hotel, we were told that we were being upgraded to a 3 bedrm condo. That sounded great until we found out that they had put us, our son's girlfriend's parents and brother/wife all together in this condo. Now we had met them on a previous occasion, but did not know them that well. We then found out that they intended to put my son and his girlfriend in the same condo when they arrived. Even though there were only 3 bedroom, they told us there was a pullout couch! That was rectified when they arrived, but we never got our own room. Very poor way to treat guests who invested a lot of time and money to stay at this resort. Never again will we choose this place. It was obviously more economical for the resort to put us in the condo and have 2 other rooms to rent out. This after we all paid for our own room. Very poor service.

Room Tip: Try to get the new tower, 5th floor or higher. And make sure you are getting your own room!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Devon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed at Divi Phoenix from 3/1 to 3/8, traveling solo. Long wait to check in......A bit of a mixup with my room (gave me key to someone else's room), but after I got settled in correct room everything was fine. Not much beach space for someone not wanting a palapa, but I managed to squeeze in near any available palm tree :)

Not car needed for me as I walked into the town and had several dinners there. I felt safe walking alone. Food at Pure Beach was just OK. Did not try the Pure Ocean restaurant on the property. I ate at Senor Frog's (food just OK), Daniel's (good surf & turf), giavanni's (sp?) Italian, just OK.

I stayed in the old tower, rooms need updating, but I believe they are scheduled for that in 2015. I received clean towels everyday, and only once did they make my bed (even though I pulled the covers up every day).

I liked being directly on the beach and have the option of going to pool as well. Superfood was a short cab ride away and good selection, very crowed on Saturday when I was there. Cabs are waiting outside. Dont understand why it was $9 to get there, and $11 to return to hotel. Guess they charge you for your bags, strange??

All in all a

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ledyard, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at Divi Aruba Phoenix 3/2-3/8/14. Room 914, ground level, corner of the property, right next to the beach, boardwalk, parking, pools, with a sitting patio and three windows out. Mildew smell to the room, probably an issue in all the rooms/inevitable in Caribbean setting with people walking in/out in wet bathing suits. A little Febreze helped. That was the ONLY downside to the room. Kitchen was great, two bathrooms, both with rain showerheads and one with a terrific jetted tub. Comfortable king size bed. Nice living room area, two flat screens.

We had a rental car, wasn't really a necessity but we enjoyed being able to go out to dinner on our own schedule and walking at times was REALLY hot.

Very strong wind this time of year, two days sitting on the beach was really uncomfortable, you felt like you were getting sandblasted! Beach and palapas felt spacious and not overcrowded. Lots of chairs and you can still find shade under the palms even if all the palapas are taken. Hammocks too. Pools were wonderful, lots of iguanas with interesting behaviors to watch and lovely landscaping.

Aruba itself is very luxe and touristy, we enjoyed ourselves but didn't really feel as if we were in a different country most of the time. I'm not sure we'll rush back, but the next time we go it'll definitely be the Divi again!!!

Some little kids around but not overrun with loads of them. Nice.

Prompt and thorough room cleaning each day.

Oh, and the inevitable pitch to come to the timeshare talk -- the rep was very courteous and not obnoxious or persistent when we politely declined to go.

I heartily second Super Foods as the best place to stock up -- huge selection incl a lot of European items of course, and liquor/wine/beer as well.

Room Tip: We loved 914. Just shut the curtains when you need privacy! haha
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Corona, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed here Feb. 15 - 22 and had a fantastic time!

The rooms are very clean and spacious. They are fully equipped with everything that you need for cooking and making your own drinks. They also have a several spots for outdoor cooking.

The pool water is perfect. In fact, if you first get into the beach, then get in the pool, the pool water feels like it's heated.

The hotel is in a great location. You are right on the beach and next to all of the other high-rise hotels and resorts. You are walking distance to all of the restaurants as well. If you want to go downtown, you'll need a car or take a taxi. I also think there is a bus that takes you downtown.

They have daily activities for adults and children and a play area.

The gym is really nice. There's no weight bench for bench pressing, but they have all of the other nautilus machines that you could possibly want.

Check-in was long, but it could just be the day that we checked in. We noticed on some days that there was no one in line at all.

This hotel has one of the better beaches - fewer rocks. If you walk to some of the other hotels on the beach, you'll see that they have lots of rocks in the water.

They have lots of nightly activities as well.

Also, you are about a mile or two from (what I think is) the best grocery store on the island - Superfoods. They have everything you could ever want at a grocery store and the prices are just like in the states. We shopped there often.

The German Bevarian restaurant (up the street in the direction of the high-rise hotels) is absolutely delicious!! You can't go wrong here and everything tastes so authentic.

We also went to Redfish, in the opposite direction of the high-rise hotels. I enjoyed the meal, but I didn't care for the Polenta and the fish has a all the bones in it.

The Cuban restaurant downtown, Cuba's Cooking, is good, but the menu is very limited.

We also ate at Tony Romas and Senior Frogs - typical fare, but it was good.

For breakfast we tried the Dutch Pancake House, downtown, and enjoyed it.

If you want souvenirs, you'll get the best bargain downtown where you see the vendors over by the shopping area.

We ate at the local restaurant on the Divi property and enjoyed the food.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have been travelling to Aruba annually for 20+ years and used to stay at our timeshare at Playa Linda. We still own there (and rent the unit out) but we purchased at Divi Phoenix in the new beach towers 3 years ago and are so happy we did.

We enjoy all the facilities and love our one-bedroom unit. Having the second full bath makes bringing guests comfortable. We enjoy the fun atmosphere of the Phoenix, the entertainment and the casual dining at Pure Beach and more formal dining at Pure Ocean. The entertainment at Pure Beach is fun, nights with live entertainment and karaoke. The Manager's party on Monday is also a fun way to get together with other guests.

The beach at the Phoenix is the big improvement to our former location at Playa Linda being less congested. The Phoenix is the first highrise hotel on Palm Beach and is removed from the chaos of central Palm Beach but still a short walk away from the shopping, dining and action. We really like the new system implemented where you go down at 7:00 a.m. to reserve a palapa. At Playa Linda, it got ridiculous with people getting up in the middle of the night (3am) to get a palapa, so if you went down at a sane hour, you were lucky to get one. Who wants to spend their vacation getting up in the middle of the night?!!

The free WiFi provided is another welcome improvement.

We have increased our Aruba trips to twice a year since purchasing at the Phoenix, our annual January trip and now a second September trip. We look forward to our next stay at our new home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This was my best vacation I've ever had... I'm already planning my next trip :-)

This was a couples trip and it was AWESOME!!!!

The location, the beach, the island, the service, the room, the weather.... oh yeah, did I mention the BEACH!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the one bedroom suite... it was an awesome view, two balconies, spacious room. I could...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!