“The best holiday for a long time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Hawkwell
“The best holiday for a long time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Divi Aruba had great time there restaurants first class even buffet restaurant overall staff friendly and very helpful rooms reasonable could do with up date in bathrooms went there for daughters wedding would go back again without any hesitation

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

675 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at this resort during our vacation in June. The rooms, the food, the restaurants, the service, entertainment were all phenomenal. Wish we could stay here yearly. There is a grocery within driving distance where you can purchase all your food items, should you choose to cook, which will save you quite a bit of money. Although the restaurants serve exceptional quality food, they tend to be a little pricey to dine in three times a day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
plainfield nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

If you like being near a pretty beach, the Divi is for you. If you enjoy pretty ocean views, the Divi is for you. When we arrived, our room wasn't ready. I had read other reviews and was not surprised, but after traveling since 4:30 am, I wish that it had been. If you like excellence, the Divi is not for you. We were hot and tired and after a dour reception in the shop in the lobby (the two people behind the register continued their conversation while I stood there for several minutes) we had a nice lunch at the Phoenix Ocean. The buffalo wings were the best meal we had as the Divi all week.

When Jonathan checked again, our room was ready. With the exception of the view, what a disappointment! The elevator was one of the smallest I've ever seen and the fake wood grain was tacky. The bathrooms were small and not well appointed. The headboard was not attached to the bed and I could go on. Upon our request, we were shown better accommodations (much, much better in the new tower) and we were moved. Valerie was instrumental in this and I thank her. The washer and dryer were nice amenities.

Michelle was great and I really enjoyed the water aerobics. We really really enjoyed the beach and as long as you don't need/want information about getting around Aruba, the Divi is for you.

If you like surroundings that are well appointed, the Divi isn't for you. The plastic plants were drab and the walls in the hallway lacked artwork. The grounds could use some grass. The grab bars in every elevator we used were broken and there were I could go on, but you get the picture.

If you like access to the internet, the Divi isn't for you, unless you are willing to pay $15 daily per device. Had I known this, we would have made other accommodations. Internet at the Westin was free and so was the coffee!

I would have liked the visit the other Divi Resorts, but was told we could get a shuttle there and would have to take a cab back. When I shared my concerns, the timeshare presenter said I wasn't in Mexico (where I had mentioned the ease of getting between resorts) and there were 90 other people waiting for my spot if I did not care for Aruba/the Divi. I did not and I wish the other 90 people well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We gave our son and daughter-in-law a week at the Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort for their honeymoon and wanted everything to be perfect for them. While we did not stay there ourselves, we had a wonderful experience over the phone with manager, Yvette. She ensured that our kids would be met with a wonderful room and a romance package that included rose petals, champagne and glasses, chocolate, and candles. After they checked in, they made an excited call to us telling us about their room and warm welcome. They had a wonderful week and we would like to thank Yvette and the other staff at the resort for making sure they had a wonderful honeymoon! We hope to travel there ourselves one day!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Sooo...we did an exchange for Divi Aruba Phoenix. The check in experience was nice enough. We arrived a little before the afternoon landing crush. The check in staff were pleasant and efficient. Upon arrival, no one at the door greeted us. But they were so nice when it came time to take our bags upstairs and get their tip.

My thoughts are if you were in a new room, you loved the experience. If you were in an old room, you probably were exposed to mold :-).

Room: We stayed in a studio in the old tower on the 13th floor. The elevator is very tiny. We got to the 13th floor and it was very small and looked old. The room did not appear to be finished with the cleaning. A towel and a blanket were hanging off the table. As we were arriving, housekeeping came in to finish up and provide us with a missing glass. Every morning we were awakened by the housekeeping staffing yelling at each other across the hall. That was the most unnverving and irritating thing. Our neighbor agreed. He knew it was morning because he could hear the hollering outside the room. This was not muted...but full on sound like there was no door.

The room was very damp. The sofa was very dirty and worn. Cleaning won't help it. Just spend the money and replace the sofa and chair (a wicker number that was extremely dusty). I think Divi just needs to invest in a renovation of those rooms so that guests get the same experience as others in other parts of the resort.

Restaurants/Food: Don't eat or drink here. Pay the same money for better quality and value outside of the resort. The bartenders at the pool restaurant/ bar are not very attentive. It is like pulling teeth to order a drink.

Beach: Nice beach. There are better on the island, but the beach is not bad.

Pool: The older pool was always dirty. So was the jacuzzi. The large resident iguanas were fun to feed.

Concierge: The concierge is a DePalm Tour person. When I attempted to ask question about other tours she told be to look in the phone book. They need a true concierge who is not affiliated with a company to answer guest questions.

We enjoyed the guests. Michelle was awesome. As was Rodney.

Overall, this is an average resort with average customer service. On Saturday we went to renaissance marriott aruba and had a way better time. Service was awesome, food was great, the private island was great, and the drinks/ food was cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room. Do not stay in the old tower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just got back from a week long vacation at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort. Amazing is an understatement. The staff at the resort are all super friendly and accommodating! One day I was drying up at the beach, a staff member noticed my sunburn so offered to go cut some fresh aloe off a tree. The courtesy we experienced was way beyond our expectations. The front desk was also helpful with calling cabs for us whenever we needed.

We will definitely recommend to others!

Room Tip: The new tower has nicer, newer rooms. Higher rooms have views of the beach and lower rooms have view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Temple Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first time using my home timeshare at Divi Aruba Phoenix since purchasing it in September 2009. I was very pleased with the remodeled unit I purchased. It was nicely furnished and clean, the lobby was open and gorgeous. I have no complaints and would definitely recommend them in the future. The staff at the resort was friendly, helpful, and on-time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!