“excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Paramaribo, Suriname
“excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Love the Divi Phoenix, went for the Easter-break. stayed in the 3bedroom penthouse. AMAZING! The beach and pool is very nice. Only thing we didn't like, is that the costs of WiFi are very expensive, but on the other hand, maybe its their 'way" of saying...Vacation...no work allowed! :)
Overall, highly recommended stay when you're visiting Aruba.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We went to Aruba 2 years ago and stayed at THE DIVI PHOENIX BEACH RESORT. We had oceanfront and loved every thing about it. We had 2 bedroom 3 bath PENTHOUSE. We loved everything about this condo, we had 5 balconies. Aruba is simply beautiful and the people are so nice. Their slogan is ONE HAPPY ISLAND. And it is. Our condo was 2 story. with 4 flat screens. The lay-out was incrediable. Everything about this condo was simply beautiful. Just about all our vacations we have 2 bedrooms or more. I'm an interior decorator and i love alot of space. My husband's an electrical engineer. He just retired after 45 years. So we love our vacations and with style and peace. The Divi Phoernix has everything to offer you and more. The eating places are to die for and the service is the best ever. The Beaches are white sand and aqua blue waters. Just breathe taking. It's a nice placve to vacation and it's very safe. Shopping is great too!

Room Tip: if you go the Aruba get and oceanview it's to die for. Get a cornor room for alittle more space...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
North Smithfield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

One of the nicest hotels there. I especially liked it where you don't have to get assigned huts as some other hotels make you do. The only thing I did not like is you had to pay $50 a week if you wanted to use wifi on your computer. They have a computer in the coffee shop you can use but very expensive. Otherwise no complaints.i also found not a good place for children..no activities like the other hotels

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We recently travelled to the Divi Phoenix for a week with our two children, ages 7 and 5. Having booked this through RCI online, and going only by reviews on this site, I had my fingers crossed that it would be a decent stay, and we were very pleased. This resort is very basic, but nice. The grounds are well-kept and the room we had in the new Beach Villas section was very nice. I have to give a shout-out to the housekeeping because they were outstanding. I felt the rooms were very clean. We had cleaning once during our stay, but fresh towels and garbage service daily. This was perfect for us. The pool areas are nice, and we liked that the beach was smaller. We were there in the middle of April, and maybe this is a quieter time, but we did not have issues getting beach shade or chairs at the pool. Of course you have to get down there by at least 11, but we didn't feel the need to rise at 7 and beat the masses. I didn't appreciate our resort as much until the last day when I walked along the strip of high rises and saw what else we could have had to contend with. The beaches are large, but this means two things to me: more people (many more) and longer trip to the water. Also, for whatever reason and maybe this varies, but the water at the other hotels was much dirtier than ours in terms of seaweed and whatever else was floating around. And there are tons of "activity" huts set up for boat rides, parasailing, etc. I liked our location at the end of the strip, where no one has reason to pass through, and because our resort didn't have bells and whistles or a casino, no one had reason to come to us. That to me, was a major plus. It made our area much more relaxing. If you are a Hilton Grand Vacation Club owner as we are, you will find the amenities and accommodations at the Divi Phoenix Beach Villas to be up to the standards you're used to at other HGVC resorts. The restaurants served fair to good food. Pure Ocean has a lovely setting that made the convenience of eating on property and by the sea, compensate for the average food. The proximity of this hotel to other resorts and restaurants is a huge plus. We did not feel the need to have a car at all. We took a taxi to the grocery store, and we took a taxi one night to dinner at a farther away place. Other than that, we walked everywhere and loved it. We had a one-bedroom where we let our kids sleep because my husband and I wanted access to kitchen and balcony while they slept. Therefore we slept on the pull-out couch which was not the most comfortable bed obviously but for a pull-out, it was not that bad. I did not try the spa (they do almost NOTHING to promote it, I couldn't even tell you where it was) and there were little to no kids activities but this didn't matter to us because our kids wanted to be with us and are at ages where they enjoy playing independently in the pool with the other kids. Thankfully any activities like Bingo or volleyball that I would not be interested in were held at a different pool, away from the main pool, so we didn't even know it was going on. If you are interested in getting hair braids, ask around for Tammy (try the towel hut). She's fantastic! I have two complaints about this hotel that prevents it from getting 5 stars. First, is the service. The hotel staff at the desk and concierge are just pleasant enough that you feel a little bad complaining, but they aren't the level of hospitality we've experienced elsewhere. Again, nothing really WRONG, but they are doing the bare minimum to keep people content. The bartenders at the pool bar and Pure Beach restaurant are not very friendly. Especially for bartenders who are normally friendly and personable. They are also very slow. I am all for "island time" but they take it to a level of frustration. There is no beach service for drinks or food which would be nice, but we were fine without it. It's not a far walk. The only other thing I could complain about is the music. When I'm on vacation on an island, I want a little atmosphere. Not the top 40 from US. How about a little calypso or island music? Overall, we had a great time, our kids loved it, and we would return and recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Naples , Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

*The Aruba Divi Phoenix has gone through some recent remodeling and construction of new units and they have really outdone themselves since my last visit. Upon checking in the unit they had me slotted for was a ground unit by the pool facing the ocean, but since we do not have kids I asked for a unit in the tower. The staff/management was very accommodating and put my wife and I on the 10th floor. We had a spectacular view and the bed/bedding was very comfortable. *The only issue I had occur was the drains in the bathroom did not drain well at all and I think a tub was a poor choice to install in such a small bathroom. The tub is a jet tub and is quite deep which makes it difficult even for me (6') to get in and out of for the shower.
*The PureOcean restaurant was phenomenal with great food and view. On Fridays they have a saxophone player come and at that moment watching the sun set on the beach eating a terrific meal with live music all my stresses melted away and I was able to unwind to complete relaxation. No cell phone coverage (unless you want to pay for the Wi-Fi...forget it) no emails, texts or messages. I cant say enough positive about my dinner and my stay at the Phoenix.
*Sure, it needs a little maintenance work in the tower, but it's nothing major. It's just an area the Phoenix can improve on and take it to the next level. I will definitely be back and would recommend it to anyone contemplating about staying here.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

DH and I traveled during April vacation week and the resort was not overly populated. Check in and check out was a quick.

ROOM: Stayed in the new beach tower one bedroom 2 bath. It was beautiful and very comfortable we felt very at home in this suite. This is the main reason we chose this resort. We made breakfast every morning. There is a coffee maker with no coffee. I have never been to a resort that did not supply coffee.

BEACH: The beach is nothing spectacular. It was a bit of a disappointment. The beach directly in front of the Phoenix property is VERY small and not expansive. The sand was riddled with rocks and sea glass. Palapas are "reserved" by people's towels by 7:00am and they don't come to the beach until 11am. There was one palapa that was swaying to the side and had yellow caution tape wrapped around it (eyesore). Why not fix this or remove it? People were so desperate they actually used this one. Nevertheless we were able to find the last free palapa if we were out there before 8:00am. You will not be waited on if you want a tropical drink or lunch while relaxing on the beach.

GROUNDS: The grounds were clean and adequate, nothing luxurious no wow factor. The grounds at the Radisson will wow you.

SERVICE: Service at Pure Beach and Pure Ocean (on property) is almost non existent. We had to wait over an hour for two burgers and fries to go at Pure Beach. Our waiter disappeared and we asked another one to check on our food and he said "your waiter is around here somewhere" we asked another waiter who did check and bring out our food. At Pure Ocean I Paid 18 bucks for a breakfast buffet and I was not offered any coffee at all! Service on the beach is worse so just brink your own food and drinks to the beach.

ARUBA: Plenty of restaurants from fast food to inexpensive to fancy directly across from the Playa Linda. Do try El Gaucho if you are a steak lover. Plenty of casinos we spent time at the Westin and Radisson casino which have looser slots than Bahamas or Punta Cana. The island was unbearably windy our first 2 days but calmed down a bit after that. It's easy to rent a car and drive around confidently because the island is small and safe. Aruba does not have lush greenery.

OVERALL: The Phoenix IS NOT a bad place it just does not suit our taste. We had a great time because we were on vacation in Aruba and there was no reason not to have a good time. If my husband had written this review he would have rated it a bit higher because he's easier to please. This resort is adequate if you aren't looking for anything fancy. The room is very fancy and that's where the luxury stops. I'd prefer more lush grounds, stunning beach and to lay on the beach and have a pina colada served to me. I may return to Aruba one day, but there are closer islands with more lush landscapes. If I do return I'd probably try another resort.

Room Tip: New Beach Tower is the only way to go.
New Castle, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well...first the positives...Nice location within an easy walk to all of the High Rise areas, restaurants, etc.
We had a beautiful view from the fifth floor overlooking the pool areas, with the ocean in the distance.
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We were given the option to stay in another room if the pool noise continued to be bothersome as it was our first evening.
Of course, they do try to sell you a timeshare, but our representative David, was very respectful of our time and "no pressure". No "freebies" were given to listen to the presentation. (maybe because we did not fill out their form)
We stayed at this resort about 8 yrs. ago when it was just the original tower building and liked it very much. Since then, they have added more buildings; "suites" as they call them. Though they have all the trappings they think we travelers want (granite, stainless steel, jacuzzi and big screen tv's) the rooms appear thrown together; not well maintained. Construction seems less than stellar. Cabinets, closets, and doors do no close properly. We had to call for repair to a TV, a problem with the jacuzzi tub, and when we ran the washer/dryer, it leaked all over the floor. The king sized bed was pretty to look at, but the pillows and mattress were of low quality and uncomfortable.
Now, for the resort itself...Even though it was April, we had to be out on the beach by 6 AM to hope to get a space under a palapa. I can't even imagine being here in February...the resort has gotten way too big for the beach.
The bar staff was less than friendly at times and bickered among themselves as you waited for service. Even so, I am a good tipper! One day, I did not have enough cash for what I considered a proper tip, so I went out of my way to walk back to the lobby, took the elevator up to my room...unlocked the safe to get more cash. I returned to the bar so that I could give the remainder of the tip to my server; though there were only 2 other customers at the entire bar, I finally gave up after waiting 10 full minutes to leave the tip, as there was no eye contact or attempt to offer service.
Also troubling... none of the rules (regarding children for instance) were inforced. A sign clearly stating that children under 16 were not allowed in the whirlpool did not keep 4 and 5 years olds from jumping over my head, screaming and trying to DIVE into the shallow space. We were on the 5th floor for 8 days... a sign by our ice machine that stated it was ""out of order" the entire time. As a guest, I have never picked up so much loose trash around a 'resort' facility. Cans, bottles, plastic cups and cigarette butts littered the grounds; not to extremes, but certainly enough for me to notice, so I wondered why the many staff walking around did not.
It is probably a really fun place for a younger person, but if you are looking for true relaxation, comfort, quiet, cleanliness and "happy" service, you may want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: You want to be above the 5th floor, and if you want quiet, away from the pool areas. I would prefer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!