“Nice Location quiet but close to the action” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #15 of 23 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
MN
“Nice Location quiet but close to the action”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Divi is in a very nice location. You are away from the crowded beach but an easy walk in the evening. The beach is fabulous and the pool is terrific. The beach bar is very nice. The beach chairs are plentiful you may not always get a roof but plenty of shade and sun. I was pleasantly suprised. The Wi Fi in our room 4th floor was very good. It is definitely worth the $50 if you need the internet.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean a higher level room would be most ideal to see the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

759 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The place looks nice.
I am an RCI member.  I am staying 2 weeks but could not get a room the last 4 nights of my stay without having to PAY CASH.  RCI did not have an RCI room.  The manager said there were many but he would have to charge me cash.  Orbitz and Expedia, and diviresorts.com to name a few had many rooms here also but again I would have to pay cash.

I FEEL STUPID PAYING $17,000 & $23,500 to purchase timeshares and paying a yearly maintenance fee of $3,425 especially when I whitness non-members getting in when I cannot.  I can now see why some people say timeshares are a rip off.

I had to pay for an additional bed and breakfast for my last 4 days which cost $600+.  It was that or go home 4 days early and pay American Airlines an additional $1,000.

First when I walked into the room there were dirty shoe prints.

After I ate, I went to clean the dishes and the dish soap ran out of the container like water; it was heavily watered down.  Much like the drinks here are.  They pour only 1/2 shots.  I watched.  And the food is pricy.

Later in the evening I took a shower.  One of the two  "clean" towels had make-up on it or freshblood.  Regardless, it was not clean.  Then I got the hair blower out.  It was broken and because of the time of night I could not get a new one.

Also the TV channel menu was not down loading.

If you want internet service it costs and they do not have (VOIP) Voice Over Internet Protocol.  So no phone calls w/o having to pay $1.99 a minute.

The head of houskeeping just arrived and assured me I would not have to pay for an additional cleaning.  ☺

This is day 2 so stay tuned.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Falmouth, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at the Divi in both the tower and villas in 12/22/12 thru 01/6/13. The only complaints we have is just some of the services (telephone and tv remote problems). The tower doesn't have the modern conveniences in the kitchens, but very, very clean and beautiful views from nice private balconies. The units are nice, just not as new and modern as the villas. We were not disappointed at all. The villas are REALLY nice, well furnished, new and modern, just don't stay in the first and 2nd building (near the lobby) if you don't want to hear children "noise" all day. The units are right over the "kiddie" pool, so you can't miss it if you like to enjoy your balcony. The balconies are not very private at all. We stayed on the 4rth floor, so if you want to stay away from the noise, stay in the buildings closer to the beach in back of the restaurant. Yes I would definitely go back and stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Divi Aruba Phoenix in December, second time in Aruba but first at Divi and we will never return to this hotel. We were there for two nights and then checked into the Radisson where everything was simply better.
Everything is really slow at Divi hotel from checking in to getting a cup of coffee, everything required at least 15 minutes wait. Not to mention the wait for the elevator as well, only one out of two elevators was working one day.
Also the day of our departure an hour before check out time, maintenance people knocked on our door to come and fix the sofa bed. I asked if they can do it after we check out as we were packing but they insisted on coming in.
We travel a lot and this hotel has the worst customer service we experienced. The only slight positive for this hotel is the beach location.

Stayed December 2012
Middleburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stay at the Divi Phoenix in the beginning of December every year and usually for about 10 days! LOVE IT, I actually miss it so much that my husband and I are coming back in May and we can not wait. You can walk to restaurants and casinos you dont really need a car. Best views too!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marlborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been to this resort twice. Once in September and once in march. September was wonderfull as far as the availability of chairs at the beach and pool. When we arrived in March it was at 90% capacity and were instructed on the new policy of saving chairs. You could save a chair before 7am but you had to be there at 7am or they would remove your stuff. YEAH RIGHT!!!
They really dont enforce it plus they didn't have enough chairs to sit anywhere. It just pisses me off that people are so inconsiderate to leave their stuff there all day while other people are trying to find a place to relax. And, it is not just the Divi, we met couples from different resorts that were having the same problem. Other than that I had a great time.
PS
Cab and bus fares have gone up

Also,the beach has been taking a pounding from the waves and once you get waist deep it is very rocky.

Room Tip: Building #9
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just returned from the Divi Phoenix. Another great vacation. I would not stay any where else in Aruba. I love the location, as you can walk to all the high rises, and great restaurants. the beach and pool were great. My only complaint along with every one else is the papalya problem. They changed the time to 7:00 am to reserve them. I do not want to get up at 7:00 am on vacation. A few days there were no papalyas available. We ended up going pass Pure Ocean and the jetties and getting one there, but it is too rocky to go swimming. I know this is the busy time there. We stayed there last September and never had a problem getting chairs at the pool or beach.

The room is gorgeous and overlooks the pool and ocean. Enjoyed my coffee on the balcony every morning. The bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I woke up at home today, and said I want my Aruba bed back!

If you want to relax, and have a quiet place to stay this is your best bet! After going down to the rest of the high rises, to eat, gamble, etc. I loved walking back to the Phoenix, knowing it would be quiet.

We had the breakfast buffet at Pure Ocean which is new. It was very good especially the omelet station. The French Deli was great for an iced coffee in the morning and to grab a sandwich for the beach.

The Divi Phoenix is the perfect place to vacation. We will be back soon!!

Room Tip: Any room above the 5th floor in the new tower has the best views of the ocean and the beautiful suns...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!