“I Love The Phoenix Villa's” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Leominster, Massachusetts
“I Love The Phoenix Villa's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have owned a time share at the Phoenix for 11 years. I have to say I love Aruba and look forward to going every year. The Phoenix is clean, friendly and the staff very attentive.
I also like the Phoenix because it is not clumped in with all the other high rises and is the first one coming from the center of town. It is only a short walk to all the casino's and restaurants that are there and if you don't mind walking it's perfect to stroll along the boardwalk that connects all the high rises in the evening at sunset and explore a new place to eat.
The only thing I find annoying with staying is that you have to get up very early in the morning in order to get a hut. I think there is a better way to handle the huts. I know at some of the other resorts it is handled differently. Also there is a large jacuzzi not far from the pool and swim up bar and parents have decided to take up home there with their very small children even though the Phoenix has provided a very large wading pool for small children. The service at Pure Beach restaurant was slower than usually and our waiter had to be reminded more than once when we requested sweetener and Ketchup. The food is also average. I do believe with the wonder view and everything else Pure Beach restaurant could be one of the very best restaurant along the high rises.
I would highly recommend the Phoenix for honeymooners, older couples and even singles. I don't feel it is a place for children because it doesn't cater to children and has nothing for them to do. They do not offer programs like some of the other resorts more child friendly..like the Marriott ...or the Riu. And if you really don't want to hear screaming children do not go during school vacations. I leave just before school vacation week, third week in Feb. and the Friday night before I left there were at least 7 children between the ages of 4-7 in the jacuzzi ..all of which were screaming and yelling and their parents were know where to be seen. Jacuzzi are not a play yard!!!

Room Tip: In the tower you have excellent views of the ocean and sunsets...in the villa's you are around t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went to the Divi Phoenix on may 2012 and had a great time. We had a room with kitchen, 2 bathrooms and small living room. Very comfortable, we cooked some meals in the kitchen to save some money and everything went well. The beach is gorgeous most of our time was spent here, pool was really good too. I am not sure if we went maybe in low season but not much activities while there, mostly quiet. We had breakfast included and cant say enough of employees in the breakfast restaurant, they went out of their way to make us feel home and happy. Overall experience was good but in future maybe will look for a place with more activity and nightlife.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just got back from a 4 night/5 day vacation at the Divi Phoenix. This was our 2nd time in Aruba and our 1st time staying at the Divi Phoenix. We read a lot of reviews before booking this vacation and weren't sure how our stay would go here but overall things were great. As we walked into the front desk area to check in we noticed right away all the luggage piled up. Not a good sign at first and were expecting our suitcases to join the others however we were able to check in within 15 minutes and to our surprise the Divi had upgraded our studio to a one bedroom suite with no extra charge AND it was available for early check in...nice. We get our room keys, our 4 beach towel cards and welcome reading material and head off to find our room. Our room was located in the newer beach tower. We were on the ground floor which my husband and I weren't too happy with at first but when we entered the room and checked everything out we were very happy with the room and location. Nothing beat opening up our patio door and walking over to Pure Beach to grab drinks, jump in the pool or listen to the band. No stairs and/or elevator to deal with. We had just as a nice view of the ocean as those above us had. Our room also had an awesome view of the stage at Pure Beach so after soaking in the sun at the beach we would head back to the room, grab some beers at Pure Beach, sit on the patio and listen to the band and watch the people dance. Some of the previous reviews had commented on the staff and I have to say that overall the staff were great. We had Jude, Sandra, Lilo and Kimmy wait on us at Pure Beach. We also shopped several times in the gift shop store. While I didn't find the staff down out nasty, you can tell that this is their job and that they can at times come across as lacking the passion for doing it. Sometimes I felt that it was a bother for them to assist us even though it wasn't. Their lack of enthusiasm can come off being nasty and I can see why other reviews had commented about the staff. The front desk and deli staff I felt were a little clueless but maybe it's because they weren't given proper training. The food at Pure Beach and Pure Ocean was great. We ate lunch every day at Pure Beach (calamari was awesome) and had dinner at Pure Ocean (loved the Mac & Cheese and Scallops). The one thing I did notice was that there isn't much for kids to do. There is a little kid pool but no kid centered activities. This wasn't a big deal for my husband or I as our two children were back at home with our parents however if/when we come back to Aruba this may play a role in our decision making as to whether or not we stay at Divi Phoenix. I feel that the Divi is for an older crowd. Maybe that's why everything shuts down at 11pm and why you need to get up at the butt crack of dawn to "reserve" your palapa for the day. If you are looking for a good nightlife this isn't the place to be. It's true about the palapa situation...you better be up early to throw a beach towel or beach bag on something to "claim" your spot for the day. Seems as though there isn't enough thatched umbrellas to go around for those staying at Divi Phoenix. My husband and I overall had a great time and would return to Divi Phoenix if it's just the two of us again.

Room Tip: Ask for ground level if you want quick and easy access to things.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've been to Aruba dozens of times, and this was my first stay at the Phoenix. It was one of my best trips ever. Upon arrival, things went from good to great as soon as we checked in. They upgraded us to a one bedroom villa suite foe free. It was the nicest room I've ever had in Aruba. The room was large, clean, and had 2 full baths with Jacuzzi tubs. Our huge patio faced the beach. As with most resorts, you get the idiots that get up at sunrise to claim their spot on the beach, and then don't come back for 6 hours. Even so, we had no issues finding a good spot on the beach in the sun or shade each day. This is during February too. One of the busiest times of the year. The optional wifi also reaches the beach. There are also several pools, but we spent everyday on the beach. We did not eat at the hotel, so I have no comment on the restaurants. I did enjoy the good coffee at the coffee shop near the lobby. All in all, we had a great stay and will be returning again this summer.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were given a room in the old section upon checkin which was outdated and musty. We needed to switch rooms for other reasons and the staff was very accommodating. We were quickly switched to a room in the new towers. Wow....complete night and day difference. The rooms in the new towers are larger, modern and really nice. We had two, full baths and a washing machine. Great view of the pool and the beach too.
Beach is really nice but you have to get up early and claim lounge chairs/umbrella huts (even though your not supposed to "save" your spot but everyone does it anyway). This was annoying. I wish each room was assigned an umbrella hut so we didn't have to worry about getting a shaded spot on the beach.
Within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. Very friendly staff. We ate breakfast at Pure Ocean a few times. It was a little pricey but very good. We also ate lunch at Pure Beach a few times. Food was ok but nice atmosphere since it's right off the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for new towers. We had a great view from the 6th floor.
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We've been going to Aruba for several years, but this was our first stay at the Divi Phoenix. We stayed in the new section on the 5th floor for one week in February. It was a beautiful room with a full kitchen and two full baths. The staff was friendly and attentive. It was a quiet location at the far end of the strip, but within walking distance of everything from shopping to restaurants to bars and nightclubs. The stretch between the Divi and the next resort was dark at night and there wasn't much of a walkway. A walkway with lights and landscaping would have been nice. The pools at the hotel are nice but the beach situation is completely disorganized. Apparently, you have to wake up before sunrise on your vacation to put a towel under a palapa (thatched umbrella) to "reserve" it for the day. And the sun is really strong in Aruba so most people need shade during the day. Last year we stayed at the Raddison a few hotels down. They had a great system. All of their palapas were numbered. Each afternoon you could go to the towel hut at 4pm and reserve a palapa for the following day. On the following day, if you didn't occupy your palapa by 10am other guests could use it. We go to Aruba to relax and enjoy the warm sun and beach during the winter. The beach situation was so frustrating that we won't be returning to the Divi, unless they implement a system similar to the Raddison. And I hope they do, because otherwise it's a very nice hotel and it's generally very peaceful and quiet.

Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Divi Phoenix has such beautiful views and the beach is clean and well maintained. The rooms in the newer beach towers are roomy and there were plenty of towels and toiletries. It is a plus to have a full second bathroom in the one bedroom unit. Our 6th floor unit has magnificent views of the water, pool and sunset.
The staff has been friendly and helpful. Everyone says hello or good morning and is more than willing to help you. If a maintenance request is made, we always receive a follow up call to be sure our request was completed. On the inventory sheet, which you should definitely fill out, I had marked a couple of missing items. They were in my room the same day!
Did not get a chance to eat at the new Pure Ocean, but Pure Beach was fine for lunches. Yes, service can be a bit slow at times, but, you are on vacation! At the bar, Jude is fantastic!! Makes super drinks and handles the happy hour crowd with ease. The beach staff will get you chairs and towels and Julio is especially friendly.
In all, we love Divi Phoenix. This was our 3rd visit. As first time timeshare owners, we feel we could not have picked a better place to own.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!