“First Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #15 of 23 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Buffalo, New York
“First Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just returned from our 2nd trip to Aruba the beautiful island and people. The Divi property is beautiful with the beach close by as well as the pools and hot tubs. Great location. Remember to SLOW down in Aruba..it isn't NYC. Wait staff in the resturant and at the bar are not tuned in to faster is better...slow service and they tend to pay attention to the young ladies first!!
Our 1 bedroom suite had some minor problems..hangers in the closet kept falling due to cheap holders (annoying), shower door would not shut, glass artwork was falling off the wall, garbage disposal sounded like it was grinding steel...all minor items... but you would think they would catch this stuff before we got there. Staff at the Divi where very helpful.
We attended a time share presentation which was very professional and well done. We did not buy...yet. We are returning next year to the Marriot for comparisions!! We would return to the Divi

Room Tip: check out pricing..great deals out there
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

755 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We just got back from our first trip to Aruba. We really enjoyed the island. The people are very friendly & nobody harasses you. The weather was amazing!!! We had a couple showers early in the day they it was hot & sunny. We had to be very careful not to stay in the direct sun for very long or we ended up burning.
We were lucky enough to have a one bedroom condo in both the old & new sections of the hotel. Our first week was in the old tower. The rooms are a little older but we had an amazing view from our bedroom on the 11th floor. The balcony was very big & private. We were able to watch the amazing sunsets from the privacy of our own place. We also had a great view of the island from our living room that faced the other direction. You could see the cruise ships come & go. The room had plenty of space & could comfortably sleep 4. It had a full kitchen less an oven. It was well stocked with all the equipment you might need to make your meals in the room. They also have 4 BBQ's on site which was so nice to cook whatever meat or veggies you wanted. The maid staff made sure we had fresh towels every day. This didn't happen in other timeshare units we have stayed in.
Our second week we stayed in the new section on the second floor. What an amazing unit. Full kitchen with dishwasher even. Very spacious. We had 2 full size bathrooms both with amazing showers. The one off our bedroom also had a jet tub. The second floor balcony was huge. We had a great view of the pool that was so nice @ night when it changed color. The higher floors would be nicer if you want to see the ocean.
All the staff that we dealt with were very helpful. I was amazed by how hard working the fellow @ the beach was. He pulled the chairs out in the morning & then stacked them all back up @ night. The ladies @ the deli were always smiling & friendly when I went for my morning coffee & amazing breakfast sandwich. Also Rafael @ the Pure Rest was always very friendly & waving hello when we walked by the restaurant.
The one thing we were shocked about was the price of alcohol. We found the best price was @ Super Food that was a short cab ride away ($10). Brand new market that was nicer than most groceries stores back home. Everything you would ever need.
We did the Palm Pleasure snorkel trip. The best snorkeling I have ever done. They actually take you to 2 ship wrecks. Very cool. We also did the jeep tour. Definately not for anyone with back problems. We loved it! Great way to see the island. Geo was our driver & he was having a ton of fun sliding our jeep around.
The beach is amazing! The sand is as soft as we have ever seen. The beach @ the Pheonix was not to busy as it was probably not their high season yet. Still did not look as busy as the other hotels up the beach were you had to book your beach hut. It made for a nice walk every day down the beach. It took me about 40 minutes to walk all the way to the end of the high rise units.
I was amazed about how many restaurants, coffee shops & souvenir shops were within easy walking distance. We are not gamblers but there are many casinos in the neighboring hotels. We looked @ the one in the Radisson & it looked pretty nice.
Finally need to say thanks to Rolland in the timeshare office. Most laid back timeshare person we have seen. He really helped us decide on the best options for us. Definately recommend stopping by to see him!! We will be back next year and hopefully many more to come!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Well when you travel to Aruba you'll always have Sun! Anyway, I actually won a week's stay at this property & was there from 12/1 to 12/8. The resort was very nice. I stayed in a studio suite in the new towers. The room was clean, well stocked, and quite comfortable. I'm a beach guy so I didn't spend much time at the main pool but it seamed pretty clean, and it had a swim-up bar! There were a couple other baby/child pools which seemed like all occupants were enjoying.
The beach was nice but was a bit crowded. If you want a spot closer to outdoor bar/restaurant then get out there early. As a late riser I had to walk to the south end of the beach, away from the main area in order to secure a palm tree umbrella. The walk wasn't a big deal but this puts you closer to the construction going on where they're rebuilding the restaurant. It wasn't constant banging & sawing but I'd rather be listening to the surf!
The staff was very courteous and always accommodating (Thanks Pedro!).
The breakfast buffet was good & the on-site deli had plenty to offer. I never ate dinner there though.
My only complaint about this hotel was that it's at the far end of the strip and a little bit of a walk to restaurants & bars where the "action" is.
The resort also seemed to attract older folks & couples so if you're looking for a relaxing time with your husband/wife the Phoenix Divi is a nice option for the Palm/Eagle beach area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a super nice 2BR unit (penthouse) superb view from 7th floor. Its clean, but it can be better, you can see flaw in house keeping service... Its not gross, but in Grand Cayman, you wont see that kind of house keeping for 2500$ per week condo rentals

Resorts can be more clean too......i saw a straw by the pool stays for 4 days before being remove! And some iguana sh_t stay on the deck near the pools for 3 days before removal!! Some of the furniture a pure beach resto. Is covered from bird sh_t too! Why they just dont put a net to block silly rats-birds from coming into restaurant!!??

In my opinion it can be EASILY BETTER Place, my opinion, management sucksss.....if you know how to rules a place like that, you give details importance, 'cause details makes difference!

I good place, go and make your own opinion

I think the old tower and old villas, with rooms on basefloor (level 1) may be way to humid...

We love Aruba!

Room Tip: New tower....level 4 or higher (view)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and stayed a week at this beauiful resort,where you have privacy and luxury.I would say this is the most up to date resort on palm beach great for your family and kids.The food was great and staff very friendly,pool and beach clean.Everything nice you can mention or think of.
Now for the bad it is not a place to be without a car [which we did not have this time] we did get a free ride 'to' the casino,but taxi drivers did not want to take you [casino was bad at paying taxi].The next bad thing was no casino or night life so we spent the nights away from resort,which was really bad if you want to have a couple of drinks after dinner other than sitting in your room and brown bagging it.We were able to walk to the Weston and the Riu [10 TO 15 minutes away] which wasn't that bad untill my wife wanted to go back to the room [20 to 30 minutes] without a drink!

Room Tip: I think in room in new part of resort had great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I loved the Divi Phoenix so much that we purchased a timeshare there. Our 10th floor suite offers a magnificent ocean view. The balcony overlooks the pool area and the entire length of Palm Beach.
Service is good, we just wish the housekeepers would wash the dishes daily. We enjoy a liesurely breakfast in our suite before relaxing on the cushioned lounges provided poolside and under shade cover on the beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am a Divi timeshare owner and this was my second time returning to the Phoenix as an owner. My sister and I purchased a timeshare last year as we fell in love with Aruba and the Divi Phoenix. For the most part we enjoyed our 10 days at the Phoenix and loved the beach and pool area. Where we ran into some problems was upon check in as I had added a day on at the front end and two days on the back end of our timeshare. I also rented a second room for a portion of the 10 days as I had extra family members that were joining us. I knew that given the uniqueness of our check in situation would be difficult for the staff to understand. For that reason, I called the Divi main office twice prior to my trip so that they understood our unique situation. I was told that we would be placed in a room that we could stay in for all 10 days and that our family members would be placed near us. Well, this wasn't the case at all. The first night we were placed in the old tower and was told that "nothing is guarenteed", without a smile, without an apologetic tone, and without an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Oh, and by the way, I was speaking to the front desk manager who is in deep need of more customer service training. We had to go through the long process of checking out the next day to move into our timeshare which took up valuable time. Our other family's room was also not ready until about 4pm and we had to wait around for their room to be ready before heading out to enjoy the day. Once again, I was told by the manager that "nothing is guarenteed" and that they would get to cleaning our timeshare room by 4pm. (not that they would rush as we were already there and were inconvenienced the first night of our stay by staying in the old tower and having to check in and out and move suitcases to different buildings). More customer service training please for the front desk manager!!! She does not smile, has no personality and does not know the words "I'm sorry or I aplogize for the inconvenince." Magical words that can turn around a difficult situation around and make a customer feel appreciated.
Other than that, the rest of our stay was good. We love the newness of our timeshare 1 bedroom unit on the 3rd floor. It is an end unit and we have two large bathrooms with showers and a very comfy king size bed. The pullout couch is also quite comfortable. The full kitchen is also awesome so one can buy food at the grocery store to save money. We did tend to eat out every night at local restuarants. Bar drinks are overpriced. $10 for a little plastic cup full of what they consider a margarita. Also no personality from the bar staff. Not even a smile. Go to the grocery store and buy your wine and beer. There is also a blender in the units to make mixed drinks.
Further more, I have to comment on the older units in the tower and how vastly different they are from my timeshare unit in the new buildings. The older units have very large balconies however, have 1 very small bathroom and old appliances that looked gross. The bedroom was huge however but a little unnecessary as the living room area was super small. With so many complaints about the old tower, why don't they update the rooms there?
All in all the Divi Phoenix is way better than a traditional hotel. The extra room and full kitchen and nice beach facing balconies are so worth it. Consider buying in the new buildings if you are looking to buy.

Room Tip: If you can, chose a unit in the newer buildings preferably above the 3rd floor for excellent views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!