“Sun filled week at the Divi” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
New York City, New York
“Sun filled week at the Divi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Well when you travel to Aruba you'll always have Sun! Anyway, I actually won a week's stay at this property & was there from 12/1 to 12/8. The resort was very nice. I stayed in a studio suite in the new towers. The room was clean, well stocked, and quite comfortable. I'm a beach guy so I didn't spend much time at the main pool but it seamed pretty clean, and it had a swim-up bar! There were a couple other baby/child pools which seemed like all occupants were enjoying.
The beach was nice but was a bit crowded. If you want a spot closer to outdoor bar/restaurant then get out there early. As a late riser I had to walk to the south end of the beach, away from the main area in order to secure a palm tree umbrella. The walk wasn't a big deal but this puts you closer to the construction going on where they're rebuilding the restaurant. It wasn't constant banging & sawing but I'd rather be listening to the surf!
The staff was very courteous and always accommodating (Thanks Pedro!).
The breakfast buffet was good & the on-site deli had plenty to offer. I never ate dinner there though.
My only complaint about this hotel was that it's at the far end of the strip and a little bit of a walk to restaurants & bars where the "action" is.
The resort also seemed to attract older folks & couples so if you're looking for a relaxing time with your husband/wife the Phoenix Divi is a nice option for the Palm/Eagle beach area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had a super nice 2BR unit (penthouse) superb view from 7th floor. Its clean, but it can be better, you can see flaw in house keeping service... Its not gross, but in Grand Cayman, you wont see that kind of house keeping for 2500$ per week condo rentals

Resorts can be more clean too......i saw a straw by the pool stays for 4 days before being remove! And some iguana sh_t stay on the deck near the pools for 3 days before removal!! Some of the furniture a pure beach resto. Is covered from bird sh_t too! Why they just dont put a net to block silly rats-birds from coming into restaurant!!??

In my opinion it can be EASILY BETTER Place, my opinion, management sucksss.....if you know how to rules a place like that, you give details importance, 'cause details makes difference!

I good place, go and make your own opinion

I think the old tower and old villas, with rooms on basefloor (level 1) may be way to humid...

We love Aruba!

Room Tip: New tower....level 4 or higher (view)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and stayed a week at this beauiful resort,where you have privacy and luxury.I would say this is the most up to date resort on palm beach great for your family and kids.The food was great and staff very friendly,pool and beach clean.Everything nice you can mention or think of.
Now for the bad it is not a place to be without a car [which we did not have this time] we did get a free ride 'to' the casino,but taxi drivers did not want to take you [casino was bad at paying taxi].The next bad thing was no casino or night life so we spent the nights away from resort,which was really bad if you want to have a couple of drinks after dinner other than sitting in your room and brown bagging it.We were able to walk to the Weston and the Riu [10 TO 15 minutes away] which wasn't that bad untill my wife wanted to go back to the room [20 to 30 minutes] without a drink!

Room Tip: I think in room in new part of resort had great views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I loved the Divi Phoenix so much that we purchased a timeshare there. Our 10th floor suite offers a magnificent ocean view. The balcony overlooks the pool area and the entire length of Palm Beach.
Service is good, we just wish the housekeepers would wash the dishes daily. We enjoy a liesurely breakfast in our suite before relaxing on the cushioned lounges provided poolside and under shade cover on the beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am a Divi timeshare owner and this was my second time returning to the Phoenix as an owner. My sister and I purchased a timeshare last year as we fell in love with Aruba and the Divi Phoenix. For the most part we enjoyed our 10 days at the Phoenix and loved the beach and pool area. Where we ran into some problems was upon check in as I had added a day on at the front end and two days on the back end of our timeshare. I also rented a second room for a portion of the 10 days as I had extra family members that were joining us. I knew that given the uniqueness of our check in situation would be difficult for the staff to understand. For that reason, I called the Divi main office twice prior to my trip so that they understood our unique situation. I was told that we would be placed in a room that we could stay in for all 10 days and that our family members would be placed near us. Well, this wasn't the case at all. The first night we were placed in the old tower and was told that "nothing is guarenteed", without a smile, without an apologetic tone, and without an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Oh, and by the way, I was speaking to the front desk manager who is in deep need of more customer service training. We had to go through the long process of checking out the next day to move into our timeshare which took up valuable time. Our other family's room was also not ready until about 4pm and we had to wait around for their room to be ready before heading out to enjoy the day. Once again, I was told by the manager that "nothing is guarenteed" and that they would get to cleaning our timeshare room by 4pm. (not that they would rush as we were already there and were inconvenienced the first night of our stay by staying in the old tower and having to check in and out and move suitcases to different buildings). More customer service training please for the front desk manager!!! She does not smile, has no personality and does not know the words "I'm sorry or I aplogize for the inconvenince." Magical words that can turn around a difficult situation around and make a customer feel appreciated.
Other than that, the rest of our stay was good. We love the newness of our timeshare 1 bedroom unit on the 3rd floor. It is an end unit and we have two large bathrooms with showers and a very comfy king size bed. The pullout couch is also quite comfortable. The full kitchen is also awesome so one can buy food at the grocery store to save money. We did tend to eat out every night at local restuarants. Bar drinks are overpriced. $10 for a little plastic cup full of what they consider a margarita. Also no personality from the bar staff. Not even a smile. Go to the grocery store and buy your wine and beer. There is also a blender in the units to make mixed drinks.
Further more, I have to comment on the older units in the tower and how vastly different they are from my timeshare unit in the new buildings. The older units have very large balconies however, have 1 very small bathroom and old appliances that looked gross. The bedroom was huge however but a little unnecessary as the living room area was super small. With so many complaints about the old tower, why don't they update the rooms there?
All in all the Divi Phoenix is way better than a traditional hotel. The extra room and full kitchen and nice beach facing balconies are so worth it. Consider buying in the new buildings if you are looking to buy.

Room Tip: If you can, chose a unit in the newer buildings preferably above the 3rd floor for excellent views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FORT MYERS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We usually book our trips based on customer reviews. Never again. If you want to rate the beach at the Divi Phoenix 4 stars, we would agree. However, the rooms and the service are terrible. Our room looked nothing like the pictures. First the room had the smallest bathroom we have ever encountered in a resort. It's almost impossible to open and close the door if you are in it. Second the room does not have a king or queen bed. It has a full bed. When you get off the elevator you will feel like you are in the maintenance department. No decor, looks like cold cement, worn out and scuffed up everywhere. It looks really old and beat up.

As for the service, it is by far the worst we have ever encountered on a vacation. The pool bar service is horrendous. Slow, not trained and some just don't care. Tips are added to the bill no matter what. Therefore the employees don't care how bad they serve you. They get the tip anyway.

We were very excited to go to Aruba and stay at the Divi Phoenix. We will give Aruba another shot but never the Divi Phoenix.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the tower. Consider the low rise hotels. They seem nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Having reviewed your commentary on your recent stay with us, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for notifying us of your observations.

Concerning the tips issue, that is the policy of the island and not our resorts so it's an unfortunate policy our resorts have to adhere to on Aruba.

Also, as a resort dedicated to providing superior customer service, we continually strive to best serve our customers during their stay with us at Divi Aruba Phoenix. When our efforts fail to meet expectations, it is important that the matter to be brought to our attention so that it can be corrected as soon as possible. And you did this and our management team let you down and I'm sorry for that.

Our efforts in regard to staff training have proven fruitful, as evidenced by the glowing remarks rendered within this site and we appreciate the accolades placed onto our staff and others on the property. Of course, there are those that require a bit more intensive training, and the observations made by you as well as our other guests and patrons will allow us to continue reinforcing the basic aspects of Customer Service to those who’re most in need.

Despite not being pleased with our resort and the way it treated you, we do hope that the remainder of your stay on island was pleasant enough and that you were able to return home with favorable memories of your stay on Aruba.

GMs Gerrit Griffith & Marc Nooren
Pittsford, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just returned from another 10 days at the Phoenix. I always write a review after I stay. I want to make sure that I get the word out there as to what a beautiful place this is. As always the resort is clean, safe, friendly and fun. Almost all guests are fun and friendly. We always meet some new people each visit and tend to keep in touch all year.
The new restaurant isn't open yet, it opens in December. The existing restaurant, Pure Beach, has good food, great atmosphere and spectacular staff. I have never stayed in the old tower, I am an owner in the new buildings. I have always had a great experience and this November was no different. I miss it the minute I leave.
Do yourself a favor and go see Jude, yoryi, Lito and Sandra at the bar. Relax. Grab a drink, mad enjoy the greatest view in the world. Can't wait until my next visit. Thanks again to Hubert Chuhna!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!