“Divi Phoenix is both friendly and luxurious.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Sarasota, Florida
“Divi Phoenix is both friendly and luxurious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I loved the Divi Phoenix so much that we purchased a timeshare there. Our 10th floor suite offers a magnificent ocean view. The balcony overlooks the pool area and the entire length of Palm Beach.
Service is good, we just wish the housekeepers would wash the dishes daily. We enjoy a liesurely breakfast in our suite before relaxing on the cushioned lounges provided poolside and under shade cover on the beach.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I am a Divi timeshare owner and this was my second time returning to the Phoenix as an owner. My sister and I purchased a timeshare last year as we fell in love with Aruba and the Divi Phoenix. For the most part we enjoyed our 10 days at the Phoenix and loved the beach and pool area. Where we ran into some problems was upon check in as I had added a day on at the front end and two days on the back end of our timeshare. I also rented a second room for a portion of the 10 days as I had extra family members that were joining us. I knew that given the uniqueness of our check in situation would be difficult for the staff to understand. For that reason, I called the Divi main office twice prior to my trip so that they understood our unique situation. I was told that we would be placed in a room that we could stay in for all 10 days and that our family members would be placed near us. Well, this wasn't the case at all. The first night we were placed in the old tower and was told that "nothing is guarenteed", without a smile, without an apologetic tone, and without an "I'm sorry for the inconvenience." Oh, and by the way, I was speaking to the front desk manager who is in deep need of more customer service training. We had to go through the long process of checking out the next day to move into our timeshare which took up valuable time. Our other family's room was also not ready until about 4pm and we had to wait around for their room to be ready before heading out to enjoy the day. Once again, I was told by the manager that "nothing is guarenteed" and that they would get to cleaning our timeshare room by 4pm. (not that they would rush as we were already there and were inconvenienced the first night of our stay by staying in the old tower and having to check in and out and move suitcases to different buildings). More customer service training please for the front desk manager!!! She does not smile, has no personality and does not know the words "I'm sorry or I aplogize for the inconvenince." Magical words that can turn around a difficult situation around and make a customer feel appreciated.
Other than that, the rest of our stay was good. We love the newness of our timeshare 1 bedroom unit on the 3rd floor. It is an end unit and we have two large bathrooms with showers and a very comfy king size bed. The pullout couch is also quite comfortable. The full kitchen is also awesome so one can buy food at the grocery store to save money. We did tend to eat out every night at local restuarants. Bar drinks are overpriced. $10 for a little plastic cup full of what they consider a margarita. Also no personality from the bar staff. Not even a smile. Go to the grocery store and buy your wine and beer. There is also a blender in the units to make mixed drinks.
Further more, I have to comment on the older units in the tower and how vastly different they are from my timeshare unit in the new buildings. The older units have very large balconies however, have 1 very small bathroom and old appliances that looked gross. The bedroom was huge however but a little unnecessary as the living room area was super small. With so many complaints about the old tower, why don't they update the rooms there?
All in all the Divi Phoenix is way better than a traditional hotel. The extra room and full kitchen and nice beach facing balconies are so worth it. Consider buying in the new buildings if you are looking to buy.

Room Tip: If you can, chose a unit in the newer buildings preferably above the 3rd floor for excellent views!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
FORT MYERS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We usually book our trips based on customer reviews. Never again. If you want to rate the beach at the Divi Phoenix 4 stars, we would agree. However, the rooms and the service are terrible. Our room looked nothing like the pictures. First the room had the smallest bathroom we have ever encountered in a resort. It's almost impossible to open and close the door if you are in it. Second the room does not have a king or queen bed. It has a full bed. When you get off the elevator you will feel like you are in the maintenance department. No decor, looks like cold cement, worn out and scuffed up everywhere. It looks really old and beat up.

As for the service, it is by far the worst we have ever encountered on a vacation. The pool bar service is horrendous. Slow, not trained and some just don't care. Tips are added to the bill no matter what. Therefore the employees don't care how bad they serve you. They get the tip anyway.

We were very excited to go to Aruba and stay at the Divi Phoenix. We will give Aruba another shot but never the Divi Phoenix.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the tower. Consider the low rise hotels. They seem nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DiviResorts, General Manager at Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Having reviewed your commentary on your recent stay with us, we’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for notifying us of your observations.

Concerning the tips issue, that is the policy of the island and not our resorts so it's an unfortunate policy our resorts have to adhere to on Aruba.

Also, as a resort dedicated to providing superior customer service, we continually strive to best serve our customers during their stay with us at Divi Aruba Phoenix. When our efforts fail to meet expectations, it is important that the matter to be brought to our attention so that it can be corrected as soon as possible. And you did this and our management team let you down and I'm sorry for that.

Our efforts in regard to staff training have proven fruitful, as evidenced by the glowing remarks rendered within this site and we appreciate the accolades placed onto our staff and others on the property. Of course, there are those that require a bit more intensive training, and the observations made by you as well as our other guests and patrons will allow us to continue reinforcing the basic aspects of Customer Service to those who’re most in need.

Despite not being pleased with our resort and the way it treated you, we do hope that the remainder of your stay on island was pleasant enough and that you were able to return home with favorable memories of your stay on Aruba.

GMs Gerrit Griffith & Marc Nooren
Pittsford, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Just returned from another 10 days at the Phoenix. I always write a review after I stay. I want to make sure that I get the word out there as to what a beautiful place this is. As always the resort is clean, safe, friendly and fun. Almost all guests are fun and friendly. We always meet some new people each visit and tend to keep in touch all year.
The new restaurant isn't open yet, it opens in December. The existing restaurant, Pure Beach, has good food, great atmosphere and spectacular staff. I have never stayed in the old tower, I am an owner in the new buildings. I have always had a great experience and this November was no different. I miss it the minute I leave.
Do yourself a favor and go see Jude, yoryi, Lito and Sandra at the bar. Relax. Grab a drink, mad enjoy the greatest view in the world. Can't wait until my next visit. Thanks again to Hubert Chuhna!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Even though we are owners and we could travel basically anywhere that Divi has locations (that is an awful lot of places) We still choose to come to Aruba because we love Aruba and the people at "Our Home Away from Home" We don't go anywhere else. We were there Oct 27th til Nov 10th and for that 2 weeks we had such wonderful weather and we also met wonderful people. We just bought 2 years ago and that is your best bet if you are going to keep going to go to ARUBA. Go to Divi Phoenix and ask for Miguel and he will let you know because it is way cheaper than going to say The Riu for 1 week, Before we bought at the Divi Phoenix we went for 1 week to the Riu it cost both my Husband and I for 1 week all Inclusive $2000.00 EACH to go there. Our last trip just in October it cost us approx for the two of us for "TWO WEEKS" for food and everything $2000.00 total for both of us, that includes flights, accomodations and going out to eat almost everynight and buying groceries so that tells you right there. Plus you can go to ALL DIVI RESORTS and use all their Facilities as well so its a great deal if you are an owner. Have a great time in Aruba...........Bon Bini

Room Tip: 2nd floor units have bigger balconies, but they are great if its available they will try and accomod...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had won this trip off of a local radio station. Check in was fast and efficient and because I had won the trip the general manager Mark greeted us with a bottle of wine and checked throughout the week to ensure our stay was as enjoyable as it could be. We had a room on the 5th floor in the new tower... The only complaints I would have is that the shower was warmish but never hot and that I would of liked to keep my patio door open at night but there wasn't any screen (which I know is to keep it from smelling musky/moldy). The beach area was paradise... not too many rocks and very clean. My only complaint with the beach area is for those who leave towels and bags on chairs all day but only using it for an hour or two. Pure beach resturant dinner food was pretty good but I could see why you would go elsewhere throughout the week to swtich it up. Breakfast is a different story, buffet style with birds EVERYWHERE. Gross. We never had bad service but JR and Jacquline were definitely our favourite servers:) Other then the resort we did do a sunset cruise through palm pleasures which was very fun. The pier to embark on the cruise was right down the beach and the cruise itself was open bar. At night you could walk down the strip that was located on the other side of the high rise hotels which had different restaurants, bars, and shops. At the end check out was a breeze.

Room Tip: New tower above 4th floor
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just returned from the Divi Phoenix. This was our first stay at this property. We normally stay at the Aruba Radisson but wanted a change this trip. My husband and I love Aruba!
Our room was absolutely beautiful and we had an amazing view of the beach and pool, overlooking the Pure Beach. It was in the New Beach Towers. The room was georgeous and spacious. But...... and it was a big BUT... the room smelt very musty and mildewy. We reported it first thing Sunday morning, then again Sunday night and once again Monday morning. Someone came to check but did not really attend to the problem until Thursday. We went and bought scented candles which helped but didn't resolve the problem. We found that to be unacceptable and unfortunate. 3 years ago a friend was the GM at the property and gave us a tour of the new towers. It was beautiful and new, he has since past away and with him the property seemed to deteriorate as well, I think.
Pure Beach 3 years ago was amazing.. great staff, and amazing food.. we had Kobe burgers.. this time the food was actually less than fair, borderline awful. We had a breakfast (very messy buffet) and dinner where the food was below fair and the service godly awful. The waiter told me I couldn't have a baked potatoe because it took to long to make and they were to busy..and I should have french fried. I actually laughed. We never returned and ate at some amazing restaurants that Aruba offers.
Check in and check out were fine. The cleaning service was great. The beach too rocky for my liking. I don't believe they ever dug out the whole beach, like the other HIgh rise hotels did.
The view and appearance of the property was beaufiul..I only wish the rest was as good as the facade. We will have to really think about returning, since, it was not what we hoped for.
The grounds are cleaned periodically, but, not hosed down as other hotels do, and the same garbage left on the floor one day remains the next. When the work is done, it is done while everyone is up and under the palapas, which makes no sense. This clean up should be done early before everyone is moving around. The Sand doesn't get raked as it should. I hate to sound so fussy, but, honestly, other hotels do what I am mentioning so why not this property. I would be upset if I were a timeshare holder and the service and maintenance was not kept up.

Although the Hotel wasn't the cat's meow, Aruba is! We love Aruba, the people and all the relaxation and Sun and Sand it offers!

Till next year:)

Room Tip: Do not unpack your things until you have inspected the room and know that it suits you. A big reaso...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!