“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort

You added Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort to your Saves list
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   75 Je Irausquin Blvd | Palm Beach, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Mount Sinai, New York
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

It was our first time to Aruba and Divi Pheonix and we are already planning our return trip in May. The property and rooms at the Divi were just beautiful.
It's the first hotel on the south end of Palm beach so it is not as crowed and has a much more relaxed feeling then the other hotels up the beach.
Plenty of room on this beautiful property to relax and enjoy the soft silky sands and blue water.
Not as massive as some of the others with a more intimate and casual feeling.
Cann't wait to retun

Room Tip: Check the hot water in the rooms at check in, They moved us to the new tower and upgraded us but sti...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
long island n.y.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I have been to Aruba before and stayed at the Marriott Resort and casino.Very nice but not a big enough room for my family of 5.I researched and researched before I came across a vacation rental by owner and stayed this past April Easter break in the NEW DIVI PHOENIX section 7th floor penthouse 2 bedroom UNIT!!!AMAZING is all I can say!!My best friend was staying at the Marriott surf club which I already knew is usually crowded to the MAX!!Very nice property but you feel like your in rush hour traffic all day!!SOOOO crowded.We have 3 children ages 15,11,and 5.My 11 year old son is Autistic(high functioning)But I had to pick a location that I thought would benefit him and help him to have a GREAT vacation.He LOVES ARUBA but the crowds down the other end would just be to much for him and for us!!I am already looking to go back next year.Although Easter week( I travel midweek usually on a Wed. or Thurs.) air fare is usually cheaper on those days to travel.And the Phoenix lets you check in on those days,unlke the usual Fri. and Sat. only check ins with other timeshare rentals.My entire family loved this vacation we did get to visit the Surf Club since my best friend was staying there with her family,so I did have the best of both worlds but was relieved to come back to the Phoenix to relax.It is in walking distance.We went out to dinner everynight and all 3 of my kids loved the walk at night.Beach was amazing at hotel and again less crowded.We don't gamble so not having a casino did not affect us.We rather spend our money on activities with the kids.Jeep tour,and rental of dirtbikes in the desert!!!My sons and my husbands favorite that keeps us coming back to Aruba.Always something to do!!And I forgot to mention the rooms were spotless!!I am a nurse so I notice everything and usually travel with a bottle of Lysol but there was maid service daily and our room was kept clean everyday.Also 2 oceanfront/pool balconies from our 2 bedroom unit.Much more affordable rates than at the Marriott surf or Ocean Club.Restaurants at hotel had great food but we also went out to our favorite restaurants Like Maddam Jeannette's,Ruth's Chris steakhouse to just name a few.But you have to stay in the NEW PHOENIX SECTION.You will not be disappointed.I am so picky and I found a place for my family to enjoy.If you are younger/singles and like to party/gamble you may like the crowded action part of the beach which is by the Holiday Inn and Marriott.But this was my favorite hotel so far and my autistic son was able to really enjoy himself and swim and relax on the beach without getting trampled by the crowds at the other end!!!!!(ONLY complaint is I hated the washer and dryer units in the 2 bedroom)I do ALOT of wash with 3 kids and like to do all my laundry b/f I come home.It was a steam washer and steam like dryer all in one???Couldn't figure out how to work the darn thing and even my husband who can work anything hated the washer and dryer combo.TOOK for ever to wash our clothes!!!They need to get a regular washing machine and dryer!!(Although I'm sure these unite were not cheap) they stunk!!!

Room Tip: New Divi Phoenix section 7th floor penthouse.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

I have 2 jobs and needless to say being able to get time off was a 3rd. Job. However I checked the reviews on all the hotels before I made my final decision on the Divi Phoenix. The pictures online were very accurate. The hotel is gorgeous all the way from the layout, architect, service staff etc. At night the pools give a delightful color show. The lobby is open and airy giving a much needed breeze since Aruba is very hot and humid. The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. My attendant/maid name was Gloria and she was the best.

The beaches look as if it was photo shopped. The post cards that you see and receive are a true and very accurate picture of the island. The sand is white and soft. The water is clear and turquoise and deep blue. The sky is blue with fluffy billowy clouds here and there that look like marshmallows. The island is truly magnificent.

The bad part was, and I hate that there was a bad part of my vacation. Which is why I put it last and made sure that I put the positives up front. In any event, on Wednesday morning I noticed between 3-5 small red raised bumps on my arms and 1 on my back close to my shoulder. I assumed it was from being bit by mosquitoes and whatnot. Especially since the weather was extremely hot and all my outfits were sleeveless,backless and strapless so the insects had plenty of flesh to feast on. My stay was 9-19 to 9-25 I arrived on Mon at 3:30- 3:45. So, the first night I was exhausted and jet lagged and I slept in. Tuesday I was out all day and as I mentioned it was Wednesday when I had the red bumps that were very itchy. I checked the bed and headboard and the crevices. I did not notice anything that would cause alarm. As you know there has been a profound increase in Bedbugs from the motel 6 to the Ritz Carlton. All hotels are vulnerable to the dreaded critters. However, I was really hoping that was not my situation. Inevitably by 9- 22 I had about 10-12 more red itchy bumps on my arms, back, shoulder and neck in the classic pattern of bed bug. I immediately went on-line to check out pictures to see if I indeed was experiencing the effects of bed bugs. What I saw was that they will look slightly different on everyone and that you will have a different reaction to insect bites. What was common was the patterned red bumps that are VERY itchy. I used the sunscreen to help with the itching. When I got home on 9-26 I had over 30 bites on my body with over 95% of them on my arms. I went to Rite-Aid spoke with the pharmacist and she said it looked like a mild case of bedbug bites. She told me to get some over the counter cortisone.10 with 1% hydrocortisone (anti-itch) cream. Because I had a mild case I did not need prescription strength, I also took my clothes to the laundromat and washed them in hot water and dried them on hot for an hour. The Pharmacist also told me to get a disinfectant spray and clean my luggagge. This event has the potential to ruin an otherwise fabulous and all around GREAT vacation,so I choose to let it be just an unfortunate event and not let it tarnish a beautiful island get away. On my next vacation I'll check the beds more thoroughly and at the first sign of red itchy bumps that look like what I experienced, I'll inform the hotel manager and request a diifetemt room. The tricky part is that the bumps resemble regular insect bites, and you have to be careful not to label and
stigmatize a hotel unjustly. All in all I still had a great vacation and I regret that I did not request a different room. However, I believe I have an obligation to inform the hotel so they can address the problem and no one else experience this situation

• Stayed September 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is my favorite place to stay in Aruba. The new section (Bldg.6-9)is fresh and modern with beautiful ocean views as long as you are above the third floor. The pool bar is a blast and the beach is just footsteps away. I think the restaurant is a lunch spot-I would opt to go elsewhere for dinner. The property is a reasonable size compared to the"mega" hotels so you don't get that "too busy" feeling. Fewer kids than most places so you can have a more relaxed adult vacation. Check out "Red Week" for good deals offered by timeshare owners. Great central location on the island.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Minonk, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

This was are second year in a row staying here !! It has the best view in Aruba ! The staff is nice and helpful ! The beach area at this resort is nice and not over crowded like it is when you walk up the beach people on top of people !!!! WE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR !!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
new hope
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I love the Divi Phoenix. The new rooms are gorgeous. We had a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer, it was great. The beach area in front of the Phoenix is the best of all the hotels. It is clean, big and boats are not allowed in our space, unlike all of the other hotels.
The restaurants we love are El Goucho, Gianni's, Hosteria, Iguana Joe's and a Taste of Belguim.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer rooms. I had room 840, it was on the 4th floor. I loved it. My sister had room 824...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Just got back from a one week stay at the Phoenix in late August for our honeymoon. The common areas of the resort are all gorgeous (pool, beach, open air lobby and restaurants)

Our suite in the tower was a little dated (compared to pictures in the new building), but the view was amazing (10th floor), it was very sizable, and having a little kitchen and living room was very convenient. We were very satisfied with the accommodations.

On the first day, my wife was feeling a little ill, and we stopped by the resort restaurant (Pure Beach), where they specially prepared her chicken soup - she still talks about how great it was! We ate lunch there once and it was good too - Mahi Mahi BLT was my choice. We ate at the deli (Pure Deli) a couple of times for snacks/coffee and got to know the server there pretty well - Chrisienne. We had the breakfast buffet at Sunset Bistro one morning, and it was not really anything special, but very filling. Service everywhere is a little slower than in America, but suppose that's expected in the Caribbean. Beyond that, we had a rental car and ate off the resort most of the trip.

Tip: If you reserve a palapa, there are many of them, but try to wake up early and get one closer to the boardwalk (less windy).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort? Share your experiences!