My family is currently staying at the Ocean Club. We are having a nice time and my three kids really love it. On the positive side, it is nice to have the option to use the pool at all of the Marriott facilities (which are located next to one another). It is also nice that the Ocean Club is a little bit quieter than the Surf Club, so you can enjoy the scene over there, but still come back to the relative quiet of the Ocean Club. The kids programs are very good. They have a lot of activites and my kids love going.
On the negative side, the Surf Club (which still has two more buildings to open), is very crowded. I don't know how they will accomodate all of the people when the other buildings are finished. My kids enjoy using the water slide at the Surf Club, but that area of the pool has been covered with white styro foam pellets that are flying into the pool from the construction on the new buildings above. It is a bit disgusting. At the Ocean Club, the hot tub is disgustingly dirty (I heard several guests say they complained to management) and the pool is not always the cleanest. I am also exhausted from having to get up at the crack of dawn to wait in line for the towel hut to open in order to reserve a palapa on the beach and reserve seats at the pool. There has to be a better way of doing things.
We visited in 2001 and loved Aruba and the Ocean Club. My family is having a nice time now, but things have definitely gone downhill. The property is getting a bit old and the majority of the staff seem unfriendly, unhappy and often rude. The last time we were here, the Aruban people were very nice and helpful and the island seemed to be much nicer than other Caribbean islands. This time, the beach (which is public) seems to be quite dirty (a lot of garbage washing up and broken glass in the sand), I am also being harassed wherever I go with my daughter by local women who want to braid her hair. This is something that I do not remember seeing the last time I was here.
This is a very nice place for a family vacation, but things are definitely deteriorating. I was shocked to see how much the attitude of the people and the quality of surroundings have changed. My family is having a nice time, but it is definitely not the property or the Aruba I remember.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach