This is my 7th time in Aruba but first time at Marriott Ocean Club. I will start out stating the obivious and tell you that Aruba is a great place to vacation. From the weather to the people to the beautiful beaches it is top notch in the caribbean. Visiting Baby Beach is always on the top of our list and never fails to supply us with plenty of fish while snorkeling and is very kid friendly.
There are plenty of options for dinner on the island so an all-inclusive is not needed.
-El Gaucho is my favorite with its great steaks.
-Cuba's Cookin' was right downtown by the marina and had good food with a quaint environment.
-The Buccaneer Restaurant has decent seafood but the atmosphere is what stands out. You have
a feeling of dining underwater because the whole place is surrounded by an aquarium.
There are many other places to eat to fit anybody's taste buds. Food is a little expensive but remember you are on vacation and just enjoy it.
Now as far as the Marriott Ocean Club, which is a timeshare resort, we just loved it there. Check-in was fairly easy, but had to wait 10 minutes for room to be ready. We had a 2 bedroom unit on the 5th floor overlooking the pool and the beach. One can cut costs by utilizing the full kitchen in your room. Grounds and pool are well kept and it is fairly quiet compared to the other 2 Marriott resorts next door. I guess if there was one thing I disliked, it would be that we had to walk through the lobby everytime we ventured in and out from the pool/beach area.
This resort is on Palm beach (high rise hotel area) and differs from Eagle beach (low rise hotel area). Palm beach is where it is all happening. Eagle beach is definitely more laid back. Both are great in their own right. Rent a car and experience the whole island - it is worth it.
One more thing if you like piano bars. Go to Sopranos and have a couple of drinks you will not be disappointed. It is fun when the crowd really gets into it. I will be looking forward to visiting Aruba again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach