After numerous trips to Aruba and stays at other Marriot properties in Aruba, we decided to stay at the Marriot's Ocean Club. This Marriot property is adjacent to the other Marriot properties (Surf Club and Stellaris) and you can easily walk from property to property.
The Ocean Club was recently updated but was still built prior to the Surf Club. The Ocean Club is definitely a lot quieter and the clientele is a lot older. We did not see many children on this property like we saw at the Surf Club. It is a very quiet property overall. The pool is nice and of average size and features a swim-up bar. Again, very quiet!
We had a one bedroom villa and the room was updated and complete with a full size kitchen, granite countertops and new appliances. One thing we did not like was the lack of a clothes washer/dryer which is featured in every villa room at the Surf Club. The hallways were dark and the rooms were not brightly decorated. The bathroom was not as nice as the Surf Club bathrooms. The elevators were recently equipped with a security swipe requiring a room key to activate the elevator to the higher floors.
If you are a guest at the Ocean Club, you are free to visit the other Marriot properties and utilize their facilities. You are NOT allowed to use the lazy river at the Surf Club. The Ocean Club has a few good restaurants like Champions, which is standard at many Marriot properties worldwide, and is your typical sports bar. The Ocean Club also has a great buffet which is an excellent deal for breakfast and features different themes and cuisines for dinners.
The Ocean Club is also conveniently located across from the main strip of restaurants and you can easily walk to each of them (Smokey Joes, Texas deBrazil, Petit Cafe, etc.). It is also features one of the largest beaches on the entire strip of high rise hotels. Cabanas on the beach can be reserved and the ones closest to the ocean water book first (must do so the day prior).
Overall, you will be happy with the above average quality of rooms, friendly & helpful staff and location of the property itself. If you are looking for a wild party, this is not the hotel for you. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing time in Aruba with good accomodations, then I would recommend the Ocean Club.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Palm/Eagle Beach Marriott
- Marriott Aruba
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Stentorian NV, Booking.com, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.