We just returned from a week at the Ocean Club celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary. We own two weeks at the neighboring Surf Club. This was our first time staying at the Ocean Club. The Ocean Club is smaller and quieter. We were on the 1st floor, Ocean Front which at first we were disappointed with the low floor but we liked be able to walk out of our room and almost instantly be on the beach. Make sure you check in with the Concierge as they will give you a discount card for 10% at the Marriott Restaurants and some additional retailers/restaurants. This card got us a free desert at the Aqua Grill (off site) which was our favorite restaurant. We also had a great meal at Ruth Chris next door in the Marriott Hotel. We reserved a hut the first 3 days but just did the last 3 days in the morning which is free. We didn't use the pool (which is very nice) but preferred the beach, the ocean water is warm and their are no waves. We bought two inexpensive floats and spent a lot of time in the ocean just lounging.
The rooms are typical Marriott Vacation Club suites. Since it was just the two of us for this trip we had a 1 Bedroom suite. The full kitchen is well stocked. The units are clean and large. The Wednesday light cleaning (new towels etc...) was more than adequate for us.
The only complaint would be the WiFi was a little spotty the last few days. I do not believe this was limited to the Marriott properties. The airport lost internet on the Saturday we departed causing major delays at US Customs. The customs guys say internet on the island is a constant problem. When the WiFi was up it worked great and was fast. We even had a good signal on the beach most days.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Aruba Ocean Club Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Palm Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Hotel
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriotts Aruba Ocean Club
- Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club Palm - Eagle Beach