“One Happy Island” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Del Mar Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Palm - Eagle Beach
Casa Del Mar Beach Resort
Save Saved
You added Casa Del Mar Beach Resort to your Saves list
L.G. Smith Boulevard 51-53, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba   |
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Nashua, New Hampshire
“One Happy Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My first trip was in 2007, then 2011 and both times I stayed at the Aruba Beach Club while my other family members stayed in the 2 bdrm Presidential Suites at CDM. While I was there in 2011 my sister and I each purchased a time share in the 1 bdrm. Ambassador Suites. Since I've never stayed there I wasn't sure if I'd like being "across" the driveway, however, I enjoyed the location and the close knit friends I met. I enjoyed having our own private pool where we'd go after being on the beach all day. The kitchens were all renovated since we bought last year and they look fantastic. I now own 2 weeks at the Ambassador!!
I didn't find any mold and found my room to be exceptionally clean and well attended to. All the help was more than friendly and helpful if need be.
Everything is close in proximity - casino, golf, shopping and great restaurants. We had a car for the time we were there and only used it a couple times to go to the high rise section and downtown one night and Baby Beach. The buses are only $2.30 one way trip and pick up a short walk from the CDM.
My dislikes were the "hut hogs". They'd claim their chairs and huts at 6am and then never show up until 3pm - if they even showed up at. All the signs say that security will remove the belongings if left for 2hrs......never happened. The huts are kinda close in proximity to each other so hopefully if you can get a hut, you'll have great neighbors - at least I did!!
Now that we own 3 weeks timeshare between my sister and I - all I can say is that I have no second thoughts at all.
Vacations are all what you make of them. If you look for the worse - you'll find it. If you plan on spending all your time in your room looking for dirt and mold then you should just stay home.

Room Tip: It all depends upon what your needs are. The one bdrms are plenty roomy for two people. The top floo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was my first time staying here even though my family has had the time share for many years. I brought two friends with me so weren't looking for couples things to do, we wanted to do fun activities. Monday we went in and talked with Bea in the Business Center. She was AWESOME. She did everything for us. She showed us options, made to phone calls, recommended places,... She really helped us out when the dive shop had closed for the night. She called them first thing int he morning to get us a reservation and then called our room to confirm it. She went above and beyond and made our stay amazing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Trumbull, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

While Casa del Mar has a great setting; it is tired and dated. Our room was moldy, with visible mold growing on the air conditioning vents. We addressed this with the staff and received a vacant stare and a scribbled note that "they'll send someone.". Still no sign of the maintenance staff after two days.

I agreed the the other postings; the staff at this facility seemed to be disinterested in their jobs or the guests.

Great setting but not what we wanted for our vacation.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

best of both worlds felt like home away from home, loved having the convenience of the full kitchen,,,,,and loved that the transportation to town to get to restaurants and straw market was right there if we did not feel like cooking the alahambra casino right next door.. nice location

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Visited Casa Del Mar the second week of September 2012, was there last year late in the month and had some rain. This time the weather was very nice, no rain and 88 everyday! This time we stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in the main building. It was GREAT. Although the room furnishings were a little old, the unit was clean and VERY comfortable. The air conditioning worked well. Had everything we needed. The property is in great shape, the pool was clean, there were lots of chairs and huts both poolside and on the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The fitness center is small but nicely maintained and well air-conditioned. Never saw more than 2 other people there at the same time. Happy hour at Matthews poolside is the best on the island. Drinks are 2 for one and they serve warm chips with excellent spicy cheese dip. THey always get a good crowd for 4-6 happy hour. THe resort has shops and is walking distance to the Casino. They put up nice new shops next to the Casino and across the street from Casa Del Mar. All in all we had a great time, sunning, shopping, eating and drinking. Casa Del Mar is in a great location if you have a car. You are 15 minutes from the airport, 10 minutes from downtown, 10 minutes to the High-rise area. You can walk to a number of other resorts that are on the same beach strip as well, so there are lots of food choices that are walking distance, including Matthews by the Sea which is on premises and very good.

Room Tip: Try to get a 2 bedroom unit, the one bedroom units are across the street and are not as convenient t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We own 2 weeks in September and the CDM just keeps on getting better. The staff is very friendly and helpful and keep the place spotless. The only problem was one of the elavators was out of service so sometimes you would have to wait. The beach looks better than I have seen it in the last 6 years. We had no problem getting a palapa and we always found chairs around the pool. Matthews beachbar had 3 happy hours a day and had a DJ or live music between 4-6. We ate at Matthews a couple of times and food was good, love the Itilian night. We also tried the restaruant at ABC next door and we really enjoyed our meals. In fact it seems like we went there more than Matthew.

Check in and out was a breeze and they move your stuff if you have a different unit. It was painless.

Thanks to all the people who make this place run so smoothly!!

Room Tip: We loved our new unit on the 5th floor the view is to die for.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The review given by Kathleen J was so negative that I couldn't help but wonder if she were talking about the same resort that we visit each year! Perhaps she should stay in the high-rise section instead! What is she looking for in a resort vacation? We liked the resort so much that when we visited the first time we immediately bought a week. Then, the next year, we bought a second week! And this year we bought a third week! Does that sound like the same resort? I think not! When you read other reviews posted by folks you'll see too, that Kathleen J might not know exactly what's good and what's not so good!

Room Tip: Rooms at the Ambassador section are smaller and quieter but most folks walk across to the main pool...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Casa Del Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!