“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Azzurro Ristorante Italiano is an elegant open-air Italian seafood restaurant, where you can enjoy romantic dinners while watching our famous breath-taking sunsets. Located on the beach side of Playa Linda Beach Resort. This authentic Italian seafood restaurant is also suitable for cocktails, wedding rehearsals, weddings events, romantic dinners or private parties. During the day we also serve lunch from 11:00 am till 5:00 pm with our special lunch menu and offer our daily happy hour to make the best of your beach day in Aruba. Azzurro Ristorante Italiano is well known for their Spaghetti al Formaggio Parmigiano, which is pasta flamed with whiskey in a 24 months aged Parmigiano-Reggiano wheel, ready to amaze your taste buds. We also serve fresh seafood from our live aquarium. We also have our creamy Burrata imported from Italy, which is exclusive on the island, an experience everyone must have before returning home. From bathing suits to evening attire it's all about a great dining experience with the ones you love at Azzurro Ristorante Italiano, you can watch our Chef prepare all your delightful dishes in our modern open kitchen.
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

People either love it or hate it here. I love it. I have always had excellent food, and great service. The only disappointment I had this year was the Caprese Salad which I always get was smaller than it has been in the past, and the portions seemed a little disproportionate for the cost, but other than that everything was good, I will still go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Poor Service by the Manager in AZZURRO”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Ordered Minestrone soup for quick take out since family member was feeling under the weather and they gave me chicken broth with a few slices of zucchini in a foil pan. this restaurant doesnt have soup containers. they charge me $10.

The place is riduculous $25 - $30 for scoop of pasta in marinara sauce.

But anyway called the manager on the phone regarding soup and he wanted to send me another which i was ok with but I asked if it was going to the same soup. He yelled at me and hung up.

I complained to Playa Linda about him since they are on the their hotels.
But not for nothing, the food at this place is at best average, and they have the audacity to charge these ridculous prices. but then again the entire Aruba island is full of these types of restaurant prices. If the food was good/excellent I wouldnt mind spending but they are cheap with the food and taste is between terrible and ok.

Same owners as Gianni's down ther street.

i guess being from NY you are spoiled with the quality of food.

Visited May 2012
Rochester, New York
“Enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I can't believe some of the reviews. Maybe they went to a restaurant that looked or sounded like Azzurro's. My wife and I recently dined there and the food and service was wonderful. Pics of the Amalfi Coast on the walls were great. A fun time.

• Visited April 2012
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I have eaten here before and it was great and was not disappointed. The food is fresh the staff is very professional and accommodating and the prices are reasonable. If you dont want to get changed after a day at the beach, the Beach Bar serves the same menu, on the beach walkway behind the Playa Linda. There you will find Myla and Ellen, 2 of the bartenders, that work very hard to make sure customers are happy. Thanks ladies for making our trip so pleasant!

• Visited March 2012
“The real deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

My wife and I have been time share owners for 12 years in Aruba and finally we made it to this great Italian restaurant. We hosted a party of 11 and everyone enjoyed their food. From our first course to the last course we had a wonderful dining experience. I will add this restaurant to my must visit list while in Aruba.

• Visited March 2012