“2 Star Hotel - 5 Star Location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino

You added Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   230 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Kansas City, Kansas
“2 Star Hotel - 5 Star Location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and I stayed at the HI for a couple nights before moving to the timeshare we had rented. I was really looking forward to it after reading some of the good reviews on TA. But I gotta tell you... I just don't get the reviews.. The rooms are OLD OLD OLD and DATED to the point of being almost gross. There are dirty carpets, aging bathroom and showers, patched drywall, no modern charging conveniences, etc. The grounds are maintained to a standard that I would consider about "average". The services such as check-in, check-out, bar tenders, concierge were generally "below average". There was nothing terrible about the hotel but if this Holiday Inn were in Des Moines you would drive right on by. The one thing it does have going for it is location which, on Aruba, is still not a great reason to stay here. There are just too many other, better, nicer and more affordable options. My advice - shop harder.

Room Tip: Our room was OLD, DATED and reminded me of something on an Interstate exit you'd find in the mid...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our trip was arranged by Amy McHugh of Dreammakers Vacation Services. We book land only since we fly Southwest.

Our direct flight from BWI to Aruba was on time. Good but long flight. We cleared customs and immigration in no time and grabbed a cab to our hotel. Cabs are reasonable here as compared to other islands we've been to.

Our hotel was fine. Large but on a great beach. We usually do all inclusive resorts but Aruba is not an island you want to limit yourself to one place. There are to many great restaurants on this island. We went to El Goucho for steaks one night. Amazing! One of the best steaks I've ever had. Also had great escargot at a couple different places. We hit a few of the casinos. Only issue is they are very smokey. We rented a jeep for a day and drove the island. It was a nice trip and you don't need the whole day to circle the island. My husband and his friend golfed one day. Nice course but very $$$$$$$. We spent a lot of our time just lounging by the pool and in the ocean.

Aruba is a nice island but a bit to American for us. I don't like seeing Taco Bell, Dunken donuts, etc when I travel but that's just me. Would we go back? Maybe. Not sure. But very glad we did go.

Our flight home was interesting. We boarded and actually took off 40 minutes ahead of schedule and arrived in Baltimore 45 minutes early. This was a first.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Gregory
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I traveled with friends, a 17 and 11 yo and we all loved there setting. We were on the first floor of the Sea Tower and our room walked right out to a balcony and then the pool. We love being able to walk back into our room whenever we needed anything. The front desk was awesome. We weren't able to arrive at the same time but they were able to give us connecting rooms after a little manipulating. Made the stay so much better!!!! It's not the most elaborate resort but the grounds are beautiful and there are shops and restaurants right across the street. I didn't want an all inclusive because I like to try different more of the local options. I think the food options are limited if you were staying as an all inclusive. The pools close at 7:30. It would have been nice a couple of times to go swimming later but it also made the setting quieter at night.I would definitely stay here again. As one review said, Aruba is expensive....but the HI is very reasonable and we loved it!

Room Tip: We loved the Sea Tower-farther from check in but quieter and by the smaller pool so less crowded
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Cado8981,

Many greetings from Aruba to you, and your family and friends. We were thrilled to read that you had a wonderful vacation and thank you for choosing our Resort for your stay. Thank you very much for taking your time to share with us, and other travelers, you great feedback, your comments are very important to us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next vacation to our Happy Island.

Kind Regards,
Guest Experience Manager.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino.
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Holiday Inn from April 7 to 21st
we as always had a great stay at the resort. We do not do all inclusive as so many great places to eat at in Aruba.

I would like to say a special thank you to Aleja and Adella at the concerige desk. they are always going above and beyond to help you. They were amazing last year when we went and again this yearr. Also John is wonderful as well they always have a smile and such a joy to speak with.

As for our room was fine the only thing this time is that the bed squeaked so much not sure why as when we stayed there last year we had no problem.

we would be definitely back and recommend the holiday inn to anyone

thanks again see you next year

Room Tip: higher floor is always better
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear madonna a,

Hi from Aruba, and it was our pleasure to welcome you and your family back again, and we were thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time. Thank you so much for taking your time to share with us your feedback, your comments are very important to us. We will be happy to pass you kind comments onto Aleja, Adella and John, which I am sure they will appreciate. Come back and stay with us again on your next vacation to our Happy Island.

Kind regards,
Guest Experience Manager.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

To start, I am an employee of Holiday Inn in the states and will give an unbiased review of this resort. I am a 33 year old male who traveled with my girlfriend. Obviously we chose the HI as I receive a special employee rate, so I didn't pay normal prices. However, the only reason I gave this place 2 stars is because of the location. I know in the states we hold our standards high, especially regarding customer service. And being on "one happy island" and staying at a resort, you would think the same standards are practiced. That was not the case. Now I am not one to complain or make a big deal about petty things, but some things are just unacceptable. We traveled to Aruba on vacation to explore the island and relax. Aruba was awesome and is a must visit, however, I can not recommend the holiday inn to accommodate your vacation. If price is a concern of yours and you want to have a cheap vacation, then HI will work, but everything is expensive in Aruba, so keep that in mind. It is probably the least expensive resort on that beach, and will do the job if your just looking for a place to crash for a couple nights.
I upgraded the room to an ocean front view in what was said to be the "new tower" of the resort. Worst decision I could have done. Did not get to enjoy the ocean front as just about every night the restaurant directly next door was blasting music and it was very annoying. Obviously not the HI fault, but don't pay extra to stay in these rooms. And the balcony is super small. Tried calling the front desk numerous times and no one answered once during our stay.
Left the do not disturb sign on our door 3 days in a row, not wanting or needing our room cleaned, and they came every time. Tried calling the front desk to say we did not need it, again, no answer.
Left the sign on the door to have the sheets changed as there was a stain on it caused by us using aloe, and the sheets were never changed cause the stain was there the whole time of our trip. Tried to call, no answer.
More staff on this resort walk around pissed off looking, and not smiling at the guest. It was rather embarrassing. It felt very uncomfortable asking for anything.
Breakfast buffet is extremely overly priced at $21 per person, plus they add a 15% service charge on top of that! For what? I get my own drinks and food? The service charge should come out of that $21. The rest of the restaurants were just OK. There are plenty of other food options right across the street from the HI.
Left the breakfast room service card hanging from our door one night, well before 1am as it states, and it was never picked up. Tried to call, but no one answered.
If you want to go for a late night swim, or soak in the jacuzzi when it's quiet, it WON'T happen here. Pools close around 7-8pm as they claim there are "chemicals working". Walked around to other resorts and no one else had that. Kind of ridiculous for a resort.
Casino is very very small. Only a hand full of tables. And $25 min was the highest blackjack table and they will only play half of the shoe and then shuffle again. Very annoying. Drinks are free though for playing! Not a big drinker anymore, but it's nice to sip on a beverage and play some cards. It's too bad the tables weren't very inviting. Plenty of nicer casinos in the other resorts.
The gentleman who greeted us at the front desk upon arrival, was very welcoming, smiling and was exuding customer service at its finest. Once we were done with him, we did not encounter anyone who was pleasant or smiling. If we did, we didn't remember it as the bad outweighs the good.
All in all, I would not stay here again as it was not what I would expect being on vacation and coming to a "resort". It is more just a hotel and I would stay here if it was just for a night or 2 looking for a place to sleep. The beach and ocean is very crowded with boats and activities. Not necessarily a bad thing, but might not be your thing.
Aruba is an awesome island to visit and explore and is truly "one happy island", same does not go for this Holiday Inn Resort.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Anthony C,
Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay at our resort. We are sorry to hear your experience did not exceed your expectations. Regarding the Casino, it is independently managed, but we shall inform the team accordingly. We would like to personally follow up on your case, please be so kind as to email us direclty at hiraguest.experience.manager@ihg.com with further details of your experience. We look forward to receiving your information.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

My boyfriend and I just returned from the HI and we absolutely loved it. It may not be as luxurious as some of the larger more expensive resorts on the island but we thought it was perfect. We had a room on thwith 6th floor of the Sea Tower with a partial ocean view, which was breathtaking. The hotel was extremely clean and we found everyone to be very friendly. We had no issues or complaints with anyone or anything during our entire stay. We did not do all inclusive. Since this was our first time in Aruba we wanted to try the different restaurants in the area, and I'm so glad we did. There are plenty of happy hour options right near the hotel so you can get a good deal on drinks. We ate at Madam Janette, Smokey Joe's, Iguana Cantina and a number of other places. We loved every meal. Dushi Bagels was great for breakfast or lunch. There's so much directly across street from the hotel and in walking distance. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Vacayl0ver,

Greetings from Aruba! Thank you so much for choosing our resort for your first stay on the island and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers. We are so happy to know you had a great time on our happy island and enjoyed the service, accomodation and views from out hotel. We hope to see you back again soon for your second time in Aruba!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is good for people like us that just want a place to sleep at night after a long day exploring the island. Overall not impressive, the rooms are dated, smelly and way too small. The staff is not very welcoming nor interested in any complaints you may have, they seem to pass the buck to the next staffer passing by. The staff spends a lot of time talking to each other, and when they pause, then they seem to notice that you have been waiting for their attention for whatever needs.

The hotel is not ADA, I happened to experience a situation with a mother and her handicapped child at the pool. The security guards are extremely RUDE, not trained on how to handle any situation, they think that what they say is the law, and they leave it at that! I happen to step into the situation and asked for a GM to come out and assess the situation, that took over an hour, and nothing was resolved, all staff walked away without a resolution. NOTE to self, ask about ADA accommodations throughout . The staff at this hotel can care less about YOU.. The guest.

We had friends there at the same time and left two days before us, they left gifts for us at the front desk with specific instructions to deliver to our room, never happened, we found out about 2 days after we got back home. Who knows what the staff did with the gifts.

Housekeeping is a bit strange, our room was half done several times, I did complain, I guess my complaint fell in deaf ears, as it happened again. However, housekeeping did ask me to leave a tip everyday. That took my aback!!! left $6.00 US dollars at the end of our stay, I have no clue why.

Do not ask for room service, as the food and drinks are charged 100% above stuff u can get at a restaurant or the nearby supermarket. We shopped at Super Foods, nice supermarket.

Now for the casino, don't bother, outdated machines, probably old machines from the 80's I found that every time I needed my voucher, I had to wait for an attendant to come, that is a long wait, again they pass the buck, u will not win anything.do not use new US bills the machines will not accept those either! U will need to go and exchange for old bill.

I don't now about anyone else and what their eating habits are, this hotel caters comfort foods, good luck with finding good eats anywhere in the island. We could not wait to come home to eat healthy again. When you do find the good eats it will be fried fish...and so on.

Good luck.. Overall we had a good time traveling the island and finding things that most tourist would not think about.

Room Tip: I have no clue
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Virginia S,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay at our resort. We are sadenned to hear that you felt your stay was below your expectations. Rest assured we take your comments very seriously and would like to personally follow up on your case. Please contact us at hiraguest.experience.manager@ihg.com so that our manager can talk to you.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Guest Experience Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!