To start, I am an employee of Holiday Inn in the states and will give an unbiased review of this resort. I am a 33 year old male who traveled with my girlfriend. Obviously we chose the HI as I receive a special employee rate, so I didn't pay normal prices. However, the only reason I gave this place 2 stars is because of the location. I know in the states we hold our standards high, especially regarding customer service. And being on "one happy island" and staying at a resort, you would think the same standards are practiced. That was not the case. Now I am not one to complain or make a big deal about petty things, but some things are just unacceptable. We traveled to Aruba on vacation to explore the island and relax. Aruba was awesome and is a must visit, however, I can not recommend the holiday inn to accommodate your vacation. If price is a concern of yours and you want to have a cheap vacation, then HI will work, but everything is expensive in Aruba, so keep that in mind. It is probably the least expensive resort on that beach, and will do the job if your just looking for a place to crash for a couple nights.
I upgraded the room to an ocean front view in what was said to be the "new tower" of the resort. Worst decision I could have done. Did not get to enjoy the ocean front as just about every night the restaurant directly next door was blasting music and it was very annoying. Obviously not the HI fault, but don't pay extra to stay in these rooms. And the balcony is super small. Tried calling the front desk numerous times and no one answered once during our stay.
Left the do not disturb sign on our door 3 days in a row, not wanting or needing our room cleaned, and they came every time. Tried calling the front desk to say we did not need it, again, no answer.
Left the sign on the door to have the sheets changed as there was a stain on it caused by us using aloe, and the sheets were never changed cause the stain was there the whole time of our trip. Tried to call, no answer.
More staff on this resort walk around pissed off looking, and not smiling at the guest. It was rather embarrassing. It felt very uncomfortable asking for anything.
Breakfast buffet is extremely overly priced at $21 per person, plus they add a 15% service charge on top of that! For what? I get my own drinks and food? The service charge should come out of that $21. The rest of the restaurants were just OK. There are plenty of other food options right across the street from the HI.
Left the breakfast room service card hanging from our door one night, well before 1am as it states, and it was never picked up. Tried to call, but no one answered.
If you want to go for a late night swim, or soak in the jacuzzi when it's quiet, it WON'T happen here. Pools close around 7-8pm as they claim there are "chemicals working". Walked around to other resorts and no one else had that. Kind of ridiculous for a resort.
Casino is very very small. Only a hand full of tables. And $25 min was the highest blackjack table and they will only play half of the shoe and then shuffle again. Very annoying. Drinks are free though for playing! Not a big drinker anymore, but it's nice to sip on a beverage and play some cards. It's too bad the tables weren't very inviting. Plenty of nicer casinos in the other resorts.
The gentleman who greeted us at the front desk upon arrival, was very welcoming, smiling and was exuding customer service at its finest. Once we were done with him, we did not encounter anyone who was pleasant or smiling. If we did, we didn't remember it as the bad outweighs the good.
All in all, I would not stay here again as it was not what I would expect being on vacation and coming to a "resort". It is more just a hotel and I would stay here if it was just for a night or 2 looking for a place to sleep. The beach and ocean is very crowded with boats and activities. Not necessarily a bad thing, but might not be your thing.
Aruba is an awesome island to visit and explore and is truly "one happy island", same does not go for this Holiday Inn Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we’ve gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you’re here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you’ll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access and is perfect for families since children 17 and under stay free when sharing accommodations with parent or adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach