“Wonderful Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino

You added Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   230 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Cumming, Georgia
“Wonderful Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

So lovely! Everything was great, from beginning to end. Super first impression; open air lobby. Bellman opened cab door and welcomed us, taking our bags into the lobby. Checking in was smooth and efficient, and we were given a brochure of the events of the week and a map of the hotel. The room was clean and tastefully decorated. We had a minor maintenance issue and we told the front desk and it was addressed immediately. All of the employees were welcoming and friendly in a sincere manner. We chose the all inclusive option (recommended by friends who visited before we did) and it was more than worth it. Breakfast buffet was over the top with choices. Lunch and dinner at 3 other restaurants. Beautiful views, plentiful activities and wonderful people. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear tmshack,

Many greetings from Aruba, and thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us from your recent stay at our Resort. We were thrilled to read that you had a wonderful vacation and our Team Associates were on hand to greet you and were efficient throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to our Happy Island.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Summit, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We booked our 3rd trip to Aruba with our family. We booked last minute so the hotel options were scarce. We lucked out that the Holiday Inn was one of the options. To be honest, I had a bad perception of Holiday Inns in the the USA...I thought it would be a good place to sleep but would not have the amenities that I was used to (stayed before at the Marriott Surf Club & the Westin which is now part of Riu). I was totally surprised. What a GREAT place to stay. The hotel is small enough to make it personable and big enough so that you are not on top of other guests. My children (5 & 7) had a blast in the Children's club. The activities provided were first class with great materials for the arts & crafts projects (they painted t-shirts, created keychains, painted multiple art projects). They also went on scavenger hunts and played water volleyball and other beach sports. The staff was very caring and made the kids feel comfortable even while we were away. It gave us some quiet adult time. The hotel provides bike rentals (with helmets included which was a plus!!). We rode around the island and saw beautiful scenery. By the way, the children's activities and bike rentals are all provided free of charge!! The location within the High Rise area is great as you don't have to walk far to go to the local restaurants. We were there with my mother who uses a wheelchair to get around and the facility was very wheelchair-friendly with paved walkways even into the palapa (beach hut) area. They had special palapas reserved for persons with disabilities so she did not have to walk far to get from the palapa to the beach. . There are hammocks in the courtyard area overlooking the beach. I never had to wait to relax in these hammocks...there was always one available. I thought our vacation would have been overshadowed by a small accident my son had on the 2nd day of our trip...but the hotel staff went out of their way to make sure he was ok and happy for the rest of the stay...Even sent him cookies and milk to our room to cheer him up. Overall I had a great experience at this hotel and will definitely go back when we return for our 4th trip with the family.

Dear PattyDLCNJ,

Hi to you and your family from all of us at the Holiday Inn Aruba. We were so happy that you decided to stay at our Resort and that we were able to meet your expectations. I hope you son is fine and also that we were able to accommodate your Mother who was in a wheelchair. Happy to know that your children enjoyed our kids club during your stay and also that you were able to visit our Island on our bikes. We look very much forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again soon to Aruba.

Guest experience Manager.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

fantastic. Great helpful staff, best waterfront exposure, and fantastically maintained property. We spent a week here and I would not hesitate to come back. Lots of families, as well as couples. I wish they had a few more dining options on the property,, but with so many excellent options around, it doesn't matter.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear C B,

Hi from Aruba. Thank you very much for taking your time to share with your comments from your recent stay at our resort. Thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful vacation and enjoyed our beautiful beaches and great location. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to Aruba.

guest Experience Manager.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We recently stayed at the Holidy inn in Aruba. I went in with minimal expectations and left 2 weeks later very please. Was it perfect, no. Was it the Four Seasons, no. For the price you get a clean room, nice pool area, and the best stretch of beach on Palm Beach.

The positives are:
Clean rooms, free WiFi, mini fridge in room (more on that later), great beach, great location.

Negatives are:
Small rooms.
Needs more rooms with 2 queen beds.
Hotel restaurants cater to the all inclusive option. Pricy for others with average food. Do not go all inclusive. Too many great places to eat.

You will read about people waiting to reserve palapas. There is no perfect process. They have a 4pm timeline where I lined up for an hour each day. By that time of day it was nice to get out of the sun. Other hotels do this at 7am, where people start lining up at 5:30. Other hotels make you line up and then charge you $30.00 a day (Marriott)' and some have a terrible stretch of beach where they have none (Ritz Carlton).

The mini fridge is big enough. I went to the Super Foods ($9 cab there and $11 back) to buy milk, water, cereal, bread, deli, beer, wine. Great for breakfast and some lunches.

Location is great. Restaurants, shops, bars, and more across the street and within 10 minute walk.

Restaurants to try, Gianni's, Amore Mio (artichoke stuffed and wood oven pizza, Flying Fish Bone, Quinta Del Carmen.

Hope this helps

Room Tip: Partial ocean view is great.
Dear Imnerd,

Greetings from our Happy Island. We would like to thank you for sharing your great feedback with us, and also for other guests on their to Aruba, great tips. Thrilled to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us, and thank you for your comments. We look very much to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to Aruba. Masha Danki.

Guest Experience Manager.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-beach Resort & Casino.
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When: Stayed here from March 15 - March 22, 2015

Who: Stayed with family of 4 (2 young kids)

Where: Stayed in the Sea Tower (tower 7)

Room Type: Full Ocean Front, 3rd floor

Package: All Inclusive

This was my second trip to Aruba. My first trip was in 2011 and I stayed at the RIU Palace. After staying at the RIU Palace, I vowed that I would never stay anywhere else in Aruba -- until I stayed at the Holiday Inn.

I, like many others, take a look at the exterior of the Holiday Inn buildings and look away - in favour of the luxurious looking RIU Palace. Well, having stayed at both of these places, I can tell you first hand that the Holiday Inn is a MUCH nicer place to stay at overall for several reasons which I will explain below. Since I know that there are quite a few people who are contemplating whether to stay here or the RIU, I'll mention quick comparisons here and there in my review and use categories to make it easier to read.

Rooms: I had originally booked a Partial ocean room online in mid Feb. That was the only room left. At first I didn't care about an Ocean view room but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to experience a full ocean front room in the Holiday Inn at least once. So I emailed the hotel and managed to secure a full front Ocean view room in a 'renovated' tower for not much more of a surcharge -- surprisingly. I didn't know which tower this would be but suspected it would be the Sea Tower based on previous reviews. When I checked in, I was given a 3rd floor room in the Sea Tower. I had hoped for a higher floor originally but upon getting into the room and seeing the view, I couldn't have been more happier! I have included pictures of the room as well for you to see. We didn't have any obstructions at all and the view was absolutely amazing. I think the 3rd floor was great because we were closer to the ocean and could hear the waves in the evening when leaving the sliding door open and listening to the waves. The room had 2 double beds and I can say with certainly that these beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. I spoke with several people at the resort and everyone loved their beds! Also, in case you are wondering if the beds are actually doubles or Queen size beds -- they are QUEEN beds. For some reason the Holiday Inn calls them Double beds. The mattress is actually a QUEEN size mattress. If you are used to a King size mattress then book a King bed. I originally booked a King Bed with pullout sofa for the kids but was told that that the Sea Tower Full Ocean view rooms DO NOT include any King beds with pullout sofa. So I opted for the double (QUEEN) beds. The rooms were VERY clean and they did not smell at all. The TV in the room had an HDMI port on it so if you want, you can connect your Android mini-pc, apple-tv, or anything else to it. There are also USB ports on it if you need to power any of your devices that are connected to the TV (I know most of you won't care about that but if you have kids who want to watch TV in the early evening for an hour or 2, this comes in handy. The bathroom had a granite counter top with plenty of space for my wife and I. The shower did not have a tub but that just meant more space for your shower. My kids took a shower and it was perfect. The floor in the bathroom is marble along with the front entrance. The rest of the room is filled with carpet but it did not smell at all. The first night we got there (Sunday) the bar next door was playing loud music but it stopped before 11:00 and was more of a 'muffled' sound rather than disturbing sound. On the Wednesday night, the hotel had an outdoor BBQ and played extremely loud music but again, it stopped at approx 10 so it was not an issue and did not seem to bother the kids who were already sleeping -- the kids got so tired from being on the beach all day that they go to sleep much quickly. Other than that, the rooms are very quite. You do not hear any noise outside or from other rooms. The other towers are listed as follows: 5 - Palm Tower, 6 - Ocean Tower (attached to the main building), 7 - Sea Tower. From what I understand, the Sea Tower is the most renovated. The hallways did not smell at all and looked nice (see pic)

One last thing I'll mention about the rooms is that the full front ocean front room in the Holiday Inn is literally 20 feet away from the Ocean versus the Ocean Front room that I had in the RIU which was 100's of feet away from the Ocean.

Elevators: We did not have to wait for the elevator for more than 1 min. Perhaps this was due to the fact that we were there in March and the resort in general was not extremely packed. I heard that it is more busy in Feb and other months.

Pools: Only used the pool once with the kids for about 1 hour, seemed clean and kids loved it.

Beach: Best beach area among all the hotel on the strip. I walked up and down the beach and by far the Holiday Inn section is the cleanest and nicest looking. The Holiday Inn has the widest beach area as well since they were one of the original hotels in that area. The sand had quite a few cigarette butts in it but I made sure to get rid of them in the areas that my kids were playing in.

Palapas (beach huts): Ok I wanted to make this a separate entry because of the wide spread discussions on this issue. Here are my thoughts -- as you may know already from previous reviews, you have to line up for the hut each day for the reservation of a hut for the next day. This line starts at 2 or 2:30 and people keep coming up until they start the reservations at 4pm. Honestly, before I started my trip I vowed that I would not waste my time lining up on my vacation... When I got there, I ended up lining up but not that long. I found that if you go around 3:30 and line up for 30min, you can get a decent hut. I didn't care about getting one of the front row huts, I just needed to make sure I had shade for my kids. If you have kids, forget about relying on the 'palm' trees for shade. The shade that the palm trees provides is patchy and you can't compare it with the shade that the palapas provides -- with young kids, you NEED A HUT. One day I went at 3:45 and managed to get a 2nd row hut. Ironically, as the week progressed, I ended up enjoying going to the lineup because I met a ton of great people and the hotel sets up games to play (bingo, trivia, etc). They have a trivia that allows you to win a hut for any day of the week if you answer a few questions correctly -- it's fun. As of November, 2014, the hotel build a hut where people are seated in the shade waiting in line. I have included a pic of this hut as well. So you aren't waiting in the hot sun. I saw the same people in line and it was a nice break to meet new people. I tried to look at it in a positive way and it seemed to work for me :) I have included a clear pic of the hut numbers, so you can review these ahead of time to know which hut you would like. Typically people reserved the huts closest to their tower. MOst of the huts are already reserved for the Platinum members (BTW forget about becoming a platinum member overnight, you need quite a few stays annually -- I looked into it before my trip -- not worth it). If you are staying in the Sea Tower, huts 71, 76, 76 and 82 are good huts that I stayed in and enjoyed. Stay clear of hut 66 I think it is, there were tons of ants that my kids did not like and it was a bit crowded with other huts nearby. You will also notice that when you line up for your hut each day (if you decide to do that), there will be a paper when you check in that says that you need your towel card to get a hut -- this is not true and they should fix this because most people don't have their towel cards anymore when reserving a hut since they are already using towels on the beach! :) Ignore that if you see it. You just need your room number when reserving huts. One last thing about this entire Palapa reservation system. I hear a lot of people complaining about the Holiday Inn system of reserving a hut but really just ask yourself What is the answer to this problem? When I was at the RIU, you had to wake up at 5am and rush like a stampede of bulls to put a magazine or towel down in the morning and beat everyone else in the rat race! Then, you have another person taking your magazine or towel off and putting theirs on at the RIU when you leave to eat breakfast or go to the bathroom -- so now how do you proove who's hut it was?? Nothing was documented like the Holiday Inn currently does. I'm playing devil's advocate here and thinking that it obviously costs the hotel money to make employees spend time in taking reservations each day. I do have mixed emotions about the platinum members being able to reserve them for the whole week and how that puts other guests who line up at a disadvantage. The interesting thing is that the hotel owns the huts and the chairs but the beach is public. Technically anyone can pay down a towel anywhere they want without touching the hut or chairs and not be forced to move! One other point I want to mention is that they ask you to be at your hut by 10:30am or else they give the hut away. Well, I saw first hand a couple not at their hut by 10:30am and another woman wanted the hut so she brought the 'pool and beach' guy to the hut and at that very same moment, the original folks who reserved it came -- this was around 10:45am. The lady did not get the hut -- so much for the rule about 10:30am.

Food: Overall, the food was great. Like many other reviewers, I agree that the hotel could use some variety in the food by offering some 'theme' nights. They did have 2 nights (Wed and Sat) where they had an outdoor BBQ which had some variation but not much. The Italian restaurant was good but after going there 2 times, I think that was enough. The rest of the time we ate at the SeaBreeze restaurant. Actually, even for lunch we ate at the SeaBreeze restaurant. We just couldn't pass up on that view while eating. Just simply amazing! The pizza was fantastic and the American sandwich was very good. As another reviewer mentioned, for dinner, the Crab Cakes were very good. One thing I didn't particularly like was that they charge a surcharge on most of the SeaBreeze dinner menu options even for All Inclusive guests. My wife tried the lobster and paid the $10 surcharge but she didn't particularly like the taste of it because they stuffed it with a bunch of stuff when she preferred a simple plain lobster with some melted butter to dip it in. The crab cakes are a $2 surcharge (which they didn't seem to charge us). The RIU excels in this category because they did have theme nights that allowed more options in food choices. The buffet area in the RIU is very nice. The breakfast was very good at the Holiday Inn and the room you eat the breakfast in was very clean and had a view of the ocean in the distance -- also very nice and bright. Not as nice as the RIU eating area but still nice.

Entertainment: The SeaBreeze restaurant has a sax player which is really good and makes for a really romantic evening. The Italian restaurant 'Da Vinci' has a trumpet player which is also very good. Both of these guys also perform in the outdoor BBQ buffet. The hotel also had a Circus and Carnival nights where they had a bunch of folks doing flips, tricks, etc. Kids loved it. Eating outside was really nice and we even met some other folks who live on the island and actually pay just to eat at the outdoor buffet because of how beautiful it is out there! Other than that, there isn't much entertainment happening at night. If I recall, the RIU had more entertainment at night just off the main lobby area.

Grounds: I think the grounds appear to be maintained quite well. I often saw people repainting things, cleaning, and fixing items. It's simply beautiful when looking out front the main lobby towards the Sea! The hammock's are a nice treat as well. The fake grass under the hammock's are a little cheesy but I can understand how difficult it could be to maintain real grass in a hot place such as Aruba. The best part of the grounds at the Holiday Inn is that the grounds are lit up very nicely. You can hang out almost anywhere on the grounds and just have a drink and chill. Even by the poolside. There were many places where I saw couples just sitting and chatting with a drink -- very nice. Conversely, the RIU grounds did not have as many lights at night and you really had no choice but to stick to the main lobby area or close to the main building area.

Location: Yes this is the best location on the strip for both beach and shopping. However, the mall across the street isn't that great. I have to admit, once you spend about an hour or 2 at that mall, there really isn't much more to do there. It's dead during the afternoon, although there are a few shops open during the day -- we ended up going there just for the walk and to buy a Hagen-Daz ice-cream for the kids. At night, it comes alive with some shows -- a smaller rendition of the Bellagio in Vegas (ok not quite that great but good for a free show), and they had the same circus show take place there in a main square that was at the Holiday Inn. There is an Aloe store there where we purchased a few bottles. They also have a small mini mart there with a bunch of snacks and drinks. There are restaurants within a 5-15min walk down the strip as well. They also have some vendors selling 10 rows of the same stuff you see everywhere else on the island (the bouncy head turtles, island clothes, magnets, bla bla). Comparing to the RIU, there is nothing across the street from the RIU.

Parking: Did not use the parking since I did not rent a car but there is a parking lot next to the hotel (part of the hotel) which appears you need to scan a card to get in.

Security: 24 hours a day they have security guards right outside the Sea Tower and throughout the properly. Nice to know that if you need assistance or help, you know where you can go!

Beach Towels: You need to get your beach towels at one of the many beach towel areas (one near the Ocean Tower and one near the Sea Tower). The hotel gives you a towel card -- originally they gave me 1 card for 4 people and I mentioned that I should have got 4. They wrote 'x4' on the card so I used that to get 4 towels. You have to make sure that you go to the same section to pick up your towel card when you are done and check out at the end of your vacation or day.

Bathrooms: The bathrooms on the grounds are very clean and I wanted to add this in a separate category because the Holiday Inn seems to take pride in keeping them very clean. The bathrooms are very close to the beach which is nice because you don't need to go far when on the beach. In comparison to the RIU, you have to walk past the pool area, back up to the main building just to use the bathroom. Big difference when you have kids or just want to get back to the beach enjoying the sun. :) There are also 2 locations -- one near the Ocean Tower and one near the Sea Tower.

Casino: Didn't go in but walked past it and it looked dead every single time... and based on what I heard from others who went in there, it's old and dated and they ended up going to the Hyatt's casino instead.

WIFI: For email and some minor Netflix streaming, it worked great. I'm not sure what others expect of wifi when on vacation (like working from their hotel rooms) but you are on vacation -- if you need to work using wifi, you should go to one of the places that offers internet access...it would be silly to expect a great high speed connection from your room. For all my purposes, I thought it worked fine to keep in touch with family and most of the time I would use it when relaxing in the early evening after a long day at the beach. Try getting wifi in your rooms at the RIU? Forget it, you need to go to the lobby in the RIU to get ANY WIFI.

Overall: I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn again. I know many people don't care about the room view but for the extra surcharge, I think it's definitely worth the extra cost since you are so close to the Sea! Anything from the 3rd floor or higher in the Sea Tower is prob what you want. If you are worried about the noise in the Sea Tower, don't! It's muffled noise and it's only 1 or 2 nights that the bar plays anyhow. This hotel gives you the best bang for your buck in Aruba and the renovations that they have made not only to the rooms but to the main ground areas makes it feel that you are at a newer hotel than the age of the hotel suggests.

Room Tip: Sea Tower was perfect. 3rd floor or higher. Pay the extra upgrade if it's available (you may ne...
Dear generalinq,

Many greetings to you, and your family from all of us here at the Holiday Inn Aruba. Please let us thank you so much first, for choosing our resort for your recent stay, and for your excellent and very informative feedback from your visit. Your comments are not only very important to us but also for other guests wishing to have a vacation in the sun and visit our Happy island. Great that you and your children had a wonderful stay, and we are always ready to welcome you back again to Aruba. Come back soon!

Center Cross, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We totally enjoyed all of the restaurants and the facility in Aruba. We have been visiting Key West, Florida for the last 30 years and this was our first visit to Aruba. We plan on making this Holiday Inn our annual vacation spot! Loved everything about the resort and beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The visibility of the security personnel was reassuring. Already planning our second trip for 2015.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Lori J,

Many greeting from Aruba to you. Thank you so much for taking your time to share with us your comments from your recent stay at our Resort. We were so thrilled to read that we met your expectations and you had a wonderful vacation. We are ready, and it will be our pleasure, to welcome you back again in 2015. Happy Travels.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary with a week at this resort. They were exceptional! Our reservation was for Ocean Front and we had the best room in the hotel, due to my platinum rewards. As well we had a reserved cabana for the week. All the staff was great, food awesome, and the best beach in Aruba (and the cleanest).

Room Tip: Ocean Front upper floor a must
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear frogboy25,

Hi from Aruba, and first congratulations for your anniversary, and thank you for choosing our Resort to celebrate your special moments. We were thrilled to hear that we met your expectations, and thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. a true compliment. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to our Happy Island.

kind regards,

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!