“Hotel Employees” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino

You added Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   230 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Columbia Heights, Minnesota
“Hotel Employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I did Enjoy my Stay Here in Aruba it was my First Time in Aruba,I really thought Many of the Employees were so Sweet and Helpful andThoughtful,Kind I do Not Remember all of their Names I would Look at their Name Tags and try to Remember and Pay attention ot the Country they were From,there is a Nice Young Lady Marichel Philippine Thank you so Much so Sweet!!! also Magadlene from Grenada She called and Got us a Little Bigger Coffee Pot for my Sister and I,there were a Couple Other Young Ladies from Haiti as Well who were so Nice to Us,we were on 5th Floor 2-19 through 2-26 so those Ladies as well Thank you,there was an Accountant Lulu Venezuela I don't think I Have Her Name correctly here.I saw Her a Couple times in the Fitness Room and also when we were Out and About she Recognized Me and took the time to Chat with Me,so Kind.,so Many from Aruba ,Colombia.there also is a Jessy from Aruba who works at the Palm Beach Bar so She is Sweet,She has a Co-worker as Well who would Open our Tins(Cans) of Condensed Milk for Us,I do not Mean to Forget to Mention Anyone they were Kind and Helpful. The Front Desk was ok there were a Couple Helpful People Paulo I think from Brazil, but things seemed a Little Confusing Sometimes at the Front -Reception Desk,the Gentleman who Checked Us Out on 2-27 He Nice,had told Him I want to Mention and Comment -Compliment on the Staff Thank you again Rachael O

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We went during winter break peak season. We had friends at the Hyatt 700 a night and Ritz Carlton 1000 a night not including 25% taxes. We paid around 340 a night with taxes non ocean front. The check in was very smooth and they upgraded me to higher floor with a partial ocean view. The view was great. I couldn't be happier the staff was always pleasant. The hotel was super clean. Our maid was so nice she always made sure we had anything we needed for our room. The best part was the location on the beach A+ and right were all restaurants and shopping are.
Only negative I have and I think that most hotels are dealing with this on high season. You have to get on a line the day before at least 45 minutes before. To claim a spot on beach with a covering and if you don't you might not have a spot to relax under shade. I'm on vacation i don't want to wait on a line. I would have paid them for the week for a spot every day. Unfortunately you can't, So I waited every day for a spot and if you came late on line you are out of luck. This was super annoying. Top it off I was bumped out of a my spot for someone who did not have to wait on line because he was a holiday inn platinum member.
Overall great place for the money.
Guess I would have had a spot every day if I paid 5000 more for the week. So I sucked it up every day and played bingo while waiting for my shady spot on the beach for the next day.
I would highly recommend Aruba holiday inn. Lot of bang for the buck...

Stayed February 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I returned from staying at this resort two days ago- we were pleasantly surprised. Upon arriving the check in lines were very congested and it seemed a bit chaotic to check in. That was the worst part of our trip, once we received the room keys it was smooth sailing. We stayed in an ocean front room (Palm Tower room 5680). It was recently renovated and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The bed was VERY comfortable and the room was very spacious. We opted not to do the all inclusive, we read there were a lot of restaurants within walking distance and that is the truth. The Mexican place across the street was so good we ate there twice! We walked the beach quite a bit each way and decided Holiday Inn has the best stretch of beach. It was free from a lot of seaweed and other debris. When we return to Aruba we would have no problem staying here at all. We were very pleased with the value for our money and the location. And the orange and lemon infused water in the lobby is very refreshing after returning from the beach, nice touch:)

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Sarah T,

Many greetings to you from all of us here in Aruba. We were thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation with us and enjoyed our great beaches and location and had great views from your room. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and also other guests wishing to visit Aruba. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to our Happy island.

Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Aruba seven times. It is a wonderful hotel and the location is perfect. Food was delicious, and the staff could not have been nicer. We will return again next year!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sueskeff,

Hi from Aruba, and it was great to welcome you back again to your home away from home, and we are ready for your next visit. Thrilled to hear that your vacation in paradise was made even better with help of all our staff associates and enjoyed our beaches and great location. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and future guests wishing to visit our Happy island.

Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was our second stay at the Holiday Inn Resort in Aruba. As usual the weather was perfect and the resort was beautiful and very clean. The staff there are truly amazing, Cecile the manager of the new outside restaurant is someone that we were very impressed with the year before, and even more impressed with this year, She not only remembered us but what our preferences were. My husband had injured his back and needed to have dinner brought to our room one night. When room service said that was not possible Cecile quickly intervened when I called her and took care of everything. She gives 150% to all guests and is the best manager I have ever seen including restaurants in the States! All staff bend over backwards to make your stay just perfect. Lizbeth is a waitress who will bring you fresh aloe plants from her garden to help your sunburn. Chommy a manager of the breakfast restaurant is always so friendly and accomadating. We plan to return every year and have met many couples that come yearly for 3 and 4 weeks at a time. The only negative would be the Casino, as from what we saw and heard no one ever won! The beach is beautiful and clean without a strong surf, Fairy easy to get in and out but the elderly should take care as there is a sudden drop off that once in is a little difficult to manuver to get out. All in all a perfect week. The Kanes of Massachusetts

Room Tip: perhaps in the "towers" and definitely ocean view or first floor opening to the pool
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear susan k,

It was our pleasure to welcome you back again to the Holiday Inn Aruba, and to hear that you had a wonderful time and took your valuable time to share your experience for future travelers on their way to Aruba. Thank you. We would be more than happy to pass your kind words onto Cecile, Lizbeth and Chommy and were so pleased that they were able to take care of you and accommodate your needs. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to Aruba.

guest Experience Manager.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have two rooms, connecting, right on the ground floor with views of the pool. First come first service for the beautiful cabana's, we woke my brother up at 4AM and he parked himself on one of the beautiful round beds (we were sure to have a space). We spent many lovely days lounging around the pool and dipping into the crystal blue waters (a few steps from the pool). The HI was clean, rooms were spacious, comfortable beds. I would recommend this hotel for everyone, big bang for your bucks. We walk a few steps from the hotel and had a bagel and coffee (Starbucks is right across the street) in the morning.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear BobbiB64,

Greetings from Aruba, and we were thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great vacation with us and enjoyed our pools, beaches and great location right on Palm Beach. We would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience and write us your kind review. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Aruba.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We just got back from a vacation at the Holiday Inn in Aruba. This is our second visit to Aruba, previously having stayed at the Riu Palace.
I prefer the location of the Holiday Inn Resort..it's on a nicer stretch of beach and less windy.

Rooms: We booked a partial ocean view room...however, be ware this could mean you are facing a parking lot on one end or a pile of dirt on the other end. Our first room was in the Palm Tower..it was an older looking room with a tiny bathroom that is in need of renovation. There was no light in the shower and when the bathroom door opens, it is too close to the toilet seat. The AC unit is located right near the headboard of the bed so that there is a constant draft when you are sleeping. This is very uncomfortable. Our room faced the ocean when I looked to the right, the strip when I looked to the left and the parking lot when I looked down. Our first night, a car alarm went off in the night for about an hour and woke us all up. Next day, I went to ask for another room. I was then given a room in the Sea Tower...much nicer looking room with a renovated bathroom, but when I looked outside I faced a pile of dirt and barely no view of ocean. Without unpacking, I went straight down to complain...the staff was eager to please and gave us a partial ocean view in the Ocean Tower..on the 7th floor..facing the resort garden and ocean. The room and bathroom was also nicely renovated. We did not have hot water in our shower but that was quickly fixed the next day. So bottom line-if paying for partial ocean view, make sure you ask for a view of pools or garden which happen to be odd number rooms.

Beach: The beach is gorgeous with white sand and beautiful blue water. The reservation system of the Palapas is ridiculous as mentioned by so many other people. There are 600 rooms and only 100 palapas..who wants to sit on a bench and form a line for 2 hrs everyday in the middle of the day! Many people reserve them and don't use them! We had 2 children and would put a chair under a palm tree which provided shade.

Pools: The pools are great and always busy. The chlorine level seemed fine and not strong. The whirlpools are not hot..and the pools are on the cool side. When it was very windy this made it uncomfortable.

Restaurants: The food is very good at the Sea Breeze and Oceanside. The Sea Breeze has a gorgeous beach front location and the scenery is breathtaking. The servers at the Sea Breeze are fantastic and should be recognized. Both restaurants have a la carte menus..food is good but becomes very repetitive and limited. There is a wood oven pizza menu available at these restaurants..it is very good. Breakfast buffet at Corals was excellent and I can't understand what people complain about. With the exception of eggs made on the spot, everything and more is available. Da Vinci buffets are not that good..limited selection and definitely not your typical buffet.

Overall, the Holiday Inn is a lovely resort. Aruba is a fantastic and safe island with so much to do and only steps away from your resort on the main strip. There are so many wonderful restaurants on the main strip. Another plus, not a single mosquito bite the entire trip! I would return to Aruba and the Holiday Inn!

• Stayed February 2015
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear PaolaBC,

Hi from Aruba, and first thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us, and would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had with your room at the start of your vacation. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our beaches and great location. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back again on your next visit to Aruba.

Kind Regards,

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!