“Do not book this hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino

You added Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   230 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
“Do not book this hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I have never written a review in this site. I don't think I have ever been in a hotel this bad that I felt I needed to write a review on the first day of arrival - I am literally writing this in the room.

First off, arriving from a 5 hour flight with young children you would expect some sort of curtousy upon arrival. We had no one directing us in on where to go or where even to check in.

Once at check in, our prior requests that we emailed and called the hotel about were never fulfilled. We had requested adjoining rooms as I am traveling with our care giver and they put her room in a completely different building. Allan at the front desk said that adjoining rooms are a request only and rooms are booked upon arrival. After speaking to another staff member we finally got the room moved but 2 floors down.

No rooms were ready as he said that check in is at 4pm. The website and sunwing sites states 3pm. So carrying all our stuff around with out 18 month old baby trying to get something to eat.

Finally one of the rooms was ready. The bell man said that his shift had ended and for me to wait for someone to come on shift. 20 minutes later, the security guard finally helped me to my room with all my luggage as I was holding my daughter.

As we were going to our rooms - the hallways are extremely old and smell Moldy. This is not a renovated hotel at all.

One elevator wasn't working so we waited at least 15 minutes to go up to the 7th floor. The stairs lock from the outside so there was no other option but to wait.

We got to our room and the rooms are very old. The furniture looks like it is from the 1980,s. There is one small dresser where the drawers smell like something had rotted. The drapes and walls look old and the rooms smell musty.

This is our 4th time to Aruba and I would never recommend staying at this hotel. We are traveling with a group of 29 people and not one of us is satisfied with this customer service or condition of this hotel.
I felt completed mislead as this hotel has NOT been renovated.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My family arrived 5 days before Christmas and left Christmas Day. We didn't do the all inclusive. glad we didn't. Our breakfast for the four of us was included in our package. The first morning we where excited to go and try the buffet and after eating it for a few days we all got sick of it. It kinda reminded me of Ponderosa. For $100.00 a meal it really wasn't worth it. Actually Christmas morning they opened the doors up 10 minutes late 7:10 for breakfast which makes it hard when you are an early riser.
We rented a jeep for the day in the middle of our stay which was fun but when we brought the jeep back to the holiday to find a place to park there wasn't one open spot. I went up the service counter and the were no help at all they basically told me " they didn't know what to tell me " after I was directed to several different employees.
We went to check out and the fellow told me I owe money for the breakfast we ate. i told him it was included and after 5 minutes of secret discussions between him and his manager the told use we owe $1.90 for a phone call.
I forgot the wi-fi was a pain in the butt. It worked good sometimes and other times not so. Once or twice a day we had to re-enter our code.
The rooms were clean, the beach is beautiful and our overall experience at the holiday inn was nice for the money.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I would rate the hotel as average, but the beach location makes it very good! I stayed in the third tower, which I understood to be the most recently renovated. The room/bathroom was fine and clean, but the bathroom was just very out-dated in appearance. So, basically I just felt like it was a Holiday Inn.

I didn't eat at the hotel apart from a few snacks, but other guests said the Sea Breeze restaurant was good.

The beach huts are fantastic! I couldn't have done a beach day there without one. You can get a hut by waiting the day before (between 3-4) in the afternoon. This is done if you want an "ideal" location. It's possible to show up the "day of" around 10:30-11 and you'll get an unclaimed hut that's in a slightly less desirable location.

The concierge is only available until 7pm, so make your plans early. I got motivated for dinner around 8:30pm one night and had to sort some things out on my own. The concierge and staff didn't seem to be familiar with local places either. I was trying to find a place I'd seen here and they said they didn't know where it was. The next day, when I left, I saw it just across the street. Frankly, for a tourist driven country most people in this service industry seemed unaware of what was there and where these places were. I had a similar experience with a cab driver.

That said, I loved Aruba! And, I thought my price was right for my stay at the Holiday Inn and that it was a very enjoyable stay! Thanks!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear maddetroit,

Many seasons greetings from Aruba, and it was great to hear that you had enjoyed your winter break at our Resort and our beaches and great location suited all your needs. Thank you very much for your important feedback and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Happy New Year.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino
Pomona, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

WOW-- WE had not been to the Aruba Holiday Inn in several years-good friends told us to give Holiday Inn Aruba another try. We did. just got back December 20,th WOW
The hotel is completely refurbished, grounds, third pool, restaurants,rooms, all being maintained with love and care.
But what makes a good property great is the service. Beginning with prestay to putting your bags in the cab sending you off to the airport.
Many thanks to the following people who made our stay great. I wish I could remember all their names.
Thank you Winnie in reservations, who has helped me this year and in years passed.
Thanks to Miguel and Arturo who took care of us on the beach, always making sure we had what we needed at the palapa.( What would be great if the hotel gave a choice where you could reserve and pay for a paplapa at the arrival of your stay, or wait in line for one hour every day for a free palapa. I was there for ten days-that's a whole day of vacation on line waiting.)
Thanks to the following staff:
The front desk that greets you, really makes you feel welcome and takes care your request with an eager smile.
House keeping were I did not have to make a request, every thing was done, room was always ready when we returned.
The concierge who always got our request.
Every one that provided service was just super.

They may rate Holiday Inn Aruba a 3 1/2 stars, but in my estimation they are a 4 1/2 star deluxe property. WOW

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Buddy G,

Many greetings from Aruba, and welcome back. We were thrilled to hear that you had a great vacation with us and our newly renovated resort and Team Associates all went to make your stay memorable. Thank you for your very kind feedback and rest assured we will pass your kind words onto our Team Associates. We look forward to welcoming back again soon to our Happy Island. Happy New Year from Aruba.

Guest Expeience Manager.

Brampton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

So we took a chance on this trip. Sunwing needs to up their ante. This nonsense about paying 40 dollars extra each person, each way to get better service sucks!!
But Holiday Inn on the other hand made up for all of Sunwings shortcomings.
Right on the beach. Clean rooms, WONDERFUL beds. Not damp or smelly.
Clean shower. Free upgrade.
What else. Food was amazing. They are adding more restaurants people. Calm down!!
Clean pools.
Kids club that my child went to ALL day every DAY. Thank you Jayson!
We will definitely be back.
Our favourite bartender was Domingo. Erwin made us smile everyday with his wonderful manner. I was sad to say bye to Jhon. Kisses to you all!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear amypio,

Many seasons greetings from Aruba, thrilled to hear that you and your family had a great vacation with us on your winter break, and our kids club, beach area and our Team Associates all went to make you holiday more memorable. Thank you very much for your kind feedback and rest assured we will pass your kind words onto our Team Associates, and we really look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon to our Happy island. Happy Holidays.

Kind Regards,,

Mound City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very nice clean beach , bar on the beach need to upgrade their food but good drinks. Close to shopping, staff very pleasant and helpful. Close to a lot of activities and safe seen lots of security at all times.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Fountain93,

Seasons greetings from Aruba, and thrilled to hear that you had a great winter break with us and had an awesome vacation and enjoyed our great location and beautiful beaches. Thank you very much for you very important feedback which is very important to us. Happy Holidays.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

For $300 is a terrible Hotel, very bad room, and the people is rude, is like thry sre doing you a favor. staff need to work on costumer services! Anything you ask the answer is No. Food terrible is like a $60 hotel

• Stayed December 2014
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Rosalindrotundo,
Greetings from Aruba. We apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay, we strive to deliver excellent customer service and it's apparent that on this occasion we fell short. We'd like the opportunity to speak to you in person about your experience- please email us at hiraguest.experience.manager@ihg.com with further details of your stay. We look forward to your email.
Best Regards and happy holidays,
Guest Experience Manager
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!