I have never written a review in this site. I don't think I have ever been in a hotel this bad that I felt I needed to write a review on the first day of arrival - I am literally writing this in the room.
First off, arriving from a 5 hour flight with young children you would expect some sort of curtousy upon arrival. We had no one directing us in on where to go or where even to check in.
Once at check in, our prior requests that we emailed and called the hotel about were never fulfilled. We had requested adjoining rooms as I am traveling with our care giver and they put her room in a completely different building. Allan at the front desk said that adjoining rooms are a request only and rooms are booked upon arrival. After speaking to another staff member we finally got the room moved but 2 floors down.
No rooms were ready as he said that check in is at 4pm. The website and sunwing sites states 3pm. So carrying all our stuff around with out 18 month old baby trying to get something to eat.
Finally one of the rooms was ready. The bell man said that his shift had ended and for me to wait for someone to come on shift. 20 minutes later, the security guard finally helped me to my room with all my luggage as I was holding my daughter.
As we were going to our rooms - the hallways are extremely old and smell Moldy. This is not a renovated hotel at all.
One elevator wasn't working so we waited at least 15 minutes to go up to the 7th floor. The stairs lock from the outside so there was no other option but to wait.
We got to our room and the rooms are very old. The furniture looks like it is from the 1980,s. There is one small dresser where the drawers smell like something had rotted. The drapes and walls look old and the rooms smell musty.
This is our 4th time to Aruba and I would never recommend staying at this hotel. We are traveling with a group of 29 people and not one of us is satisfied with this customer service or condition of this hotel.
I felt completed mislead as this hotel has NOT been renovated.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we’ve gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you’re here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you’ll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access and is perfect for families since children 17 and under stay free when sharing accommodations with parent or adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach