My family and I recently returned from a 7 day vacation to Aruba. This was a last minute trip so hotel options were minimal, but we were excited to see that the Holiday Inn was available as many friends and family have stayed there previously and loved in. Well, we have mixed reviews on this resort.
The resort itself is a perfect fit for families with smaller children who do not want to be walking miles to get from one end of the resort to another. It is literally a 5 step walk from exiting the pool to the beautiful sands on the beach. This is a smaller resort so any room has quick access to all amenities offered. Rooms are pretty basic but comparable to any holiday inn anywhere in the world. VERY CLEAN!! which is what I loved!
We choose to partake in the all-inclusive offered through this hotel. Which we were quite disappointed with. Food is very limited at this resort. Many people do not have the all inclusive package so they definately do no cater to those that do. For instance on one particular night the buffet offered, a salad bar ( basic salads, dressing, chick peas, tomato, cucumber, prosciutto and a cheese ) french fries, some sort of roasted vegetable, a pasta bar and a type of roasted meat. Many would say that this would be perfect, but with two smaller children finding options for them to eat was very difficult . The flavor of the food was definatley below par.
What we did come to discover is to skip the buffets all together and hit the one of the 2 a la carte restaurants. Although menus were limited food was usually flavorful and plentiful. ( I do feel sorry for anyone that had to pay for any meals or drinks at this resort as it is very very expensive, $150 for lunch not including alcohol )
One other negative to this resort is the fact you must sign for everything, even a coke at the pool bar you must wait and sign for ! VERY ANNOYING! There must be a better way to keep track of sales!
Although we were disappointed with the meals at this resort, we had a great time. Honestly we were not visiting aruba for the foods. This resort is a good fit for famililies, its super clean and we loved the location. We would return for that fact alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we’ve gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you’re here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you’ll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access and is perfect for families since children 17 and under stay free when sharing accommodations with parent or adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach