We arrived late on Thursday, last flight into Aruba so was checking in along with the airline crew/pilots at around 10-10:30 pm. As a platinum member my room was assigned to me prior to check in and that overall check-in went smoothly. I was told our room was upgraded to an Oceanfront room. We were happy with the reward and went to room and opened the door and to our surprise the room had all of a past guests clothes/luggage still in it along with the room not being cleaned.
Went back to front desk and told the employee. They went to back room to figure out what happened and apparently that room was occupied by a frequent guest and he just left. They have some kind of agreement that they store his clothes until he comes back but the room was not cleaned. I would of understood more if we were checking in at 3 pm but this was after 10 pm so somebody should have checked the room to know beforehand. But that left me without our upgraded room and was moved to the farthest tower from the lobby. It was apparently a suite because it had a living room but it is similar to the quality of all older US Holiday Inns. We would of much rather had the oceanfront room since we were in Aruba but it was late and we were getting tired so took the room. Went to the new room and low and behold it was the room right next to elevator and since it had living room and bedroom, the bedroom was actually right behind the elevator so we could hear it go up and down all night long. We weren't willing to go and make a big deal about it since we didn't figure we would be in our room much but it ended up being something we were ready to be done with by the time we left since we got to hear it anytime we were in the room.
Besides that, the hotel is nice. Being a platinum member allowed us to reserve a spot on the beach the entire duration of our stay. The beach is in good shape and we were able to get a good spot thanks to status. Bars were nice and we took advantage of Happy Hour since it was half price drinks. The restaurants were good but pricier than other area restaurants so we only ate breakfast and lunch there once and out at other restaurants the rest of the trip. Overall it is in a good location on Palm Beach and centrally located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we’ve gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you’re here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you’ll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access and is perfect for families since children 17 and under stay free when sharing accommodations with parent or adult. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Agoda, BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Otel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach