“Great visit for 10 year Anniversary” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   230 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Oklahoma City
“Great visit for 10 year Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Aruba resort for 4 nights after 3 nights downtown at the Renaissance. The Renaissance was a nicer hotel overall but we enjoyed the location of the Holiday inn better.
The Holiday inn is right on the beach and we had a beautiful view from our balcony. The room was clean and all the employees we encountered were very nice. We were able to check in a few hours early without any problems. We had an ocean front king room. The room had a table & 2 chairs, couch, and a small refrigerator.
The outdoor mall is right across the street with several shops and restaurants. There are a few shops and a casino connected to the hotel. The hotel had several activities each day such as water volleyball, beach volleyball, etc.
We will be back!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I have to say that there is good and bad that came with our stay at the Holiday Inn Resort in Aruba, but the horrible customer service and generally unhappy attitudes just ruins the overall experience, which really stings when you think about how much you paid.

The Good
The beach was breath-taking. The water was the most beautiful colours, and also so calm and warm.

The food was amazing. We went for the all inclusive package and was never disappointed. You can't go wrong no matter where or what you eat in the hotel.

Rooms are clean

The aqua Zumba classes are awesome. I only wished they had one everyday.

The kids club staff are so sweet.

The Bad...
...started when we openned our room door and found a basic room. We had booked a one bedroom suite because my 6 year old daughter has a health condition that can be dangerous for her if her sleep is interrupted. Therefore, her 1 year old sister can't sleep in the same room as she still occasionally wakes up crying during the night.
We returned to the front desk to be reassigned to our correct room. Our reservation confirmation refers to our room as a "Superior Room", which apparently means nothing, as that is what the Holiday Inn calls their standard/basic rooms, which is why we werent aware of the error until we openned the room door.
The woman at the front desk said that although their do have suites available, they would have to charge us an additional $600. When we asked to speak to a manager, she went through a door behind the desk and returned a few minutes later refusing to let us speak to him or her. Instead she told us to call the tour operator and our travel agent back home (classic passing the buck). When we called the tour operator (Sunwing), she told us that the $600 was a good deal and "we should have thought about our daughter's health before coming to Aruba." Unfortunately, we didn't have the $600 and was frankly too hungry and exhausted after a long trip from Canada to debate the issue any longer. For the next week my husband and I barely slept as we were constantly listening out for the slightest noise from our youngest, ready to swoop her up and out into the public hallway if she seemed as though she might be getting ready to cry. The ironic thing is that halfway through our stay I noticed a card in our room that said if we were dissatisfied with anything to ask for a manage either by phone or in person at the front desk. This only made me more bitter since a manager wouldn't even take the time to come out to speak to us when we asked for one.

The hotel either formally or informally supports 3 rather large iguanas and a medium sized lizard. They roam all around on the pool deck and surrounding areas all day leaving their feasies and discarded skin behind. You have to walk with you eyes down to make sure you don't step on them or the gifts they leave behind.

Even if you pay for the all-inclusive package, as we did, you still have to signed a cashier receipt every time you get a drink or a meal. It lays out the cost that you would have paid along with an area highlighted for you to enter a tip amount. I personally like to tip, especially when on vacation because i know that many hotel staffers rely on tips, but it felt like we were being manipulated into
tipping by the constant reminders from the receipts
we were handed with every cup of juice. Very tacky.

And finally the tour counters. There are 3 desks with a person sitting at each. All 3 sit with the most miserable and unwelcoming faces, like they would rather be elsewhere. When I tried to find out about the tour options, they appeared disinterested and annoyed by my questions. Although we had budgeted for a few tours we decided to keep our money instead.

I have never written a review before but was so surprised by the service I felt compelled. So readers, decided for yourself, take it or leave it, but I'm definitely not going back. Take 2 or 3 all-
inclusive family trips to Cuba for the same price instead.

• Stayed September 2014
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon. It was great !
Rooms were clean and spacious, staff was great always greeting you with a smile.

Pools were clean, beach was beautiful.

We did not have the all inclusive option, but it worked out well. Happy Hour is available at both bars drinks were good and strong. We bought the breakfast buffet one morning and it was really good, just surprised at the price. Just an FYI 18$ US a person.

There are tons of restaurants just across the street and down the road that have a more affordable breakfast.

Overall a great stay !! Definitely would stay again.

Room Tip: Had a ground floor room with direct access to the pool and beach !
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Jennifuh,
First of all congratulations on your marriage -thank you so much for your recent stay and for choosing our resort to celebrate your honeymoon! It was an honor to host such a special holiday. We are so happy to know you really enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon, maybe celebrating your anniversary? Hint. Hint.
Best Regards,
Guest Experience Manager
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My wife and I got the all inclusive package. We thought that this included a variety of activities, including kayaking and tours of the island. The package didn't include any of that. They had booths set up in the hotel from which you could purchase such experiences. Really that was the only thing we didn't like. The service was top notch. At each of the restaurants, and the bar inside, everyone was friendly and took great care of us. The two main bars closed really early (7pm) but the Sea Breeze restaurant bar stayed open until 11. We were happy overall, but if we go back to Aruba we will probably stay somewhere else.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Krones1986,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time write about your experience and invaluable feedback. We are glad you had a great time with us and enjoyed our service. We are a little confused about the package you booked- as our all-inclusive package includes food and beverage consumption within the hotel. We would like to follow up on your experience and would very much appreciate if you could contact us at hiraguest.experience.manager@ihg.com with further details of your stay.We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best Regards,
Guest Experience Manager
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort & Casino
Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I came here for my honey using reward nights for parts of staying and other book them.
I requested a nice room ( I paid and redeem standar room) and I was provide with a very nice place and also a complementary champagne bottle --- well done guys !!!

So, now review it.

POSITIVE:

Beaches are amazing, clear and really calm.
People on customer service are nice and helpful.
Cleaning service is nice and really good.
Location is great !!! you can walk to main night places and restaurants anytime.
Most of the shore excursion departs from Holiday Inn dock or next one, so you can walk few steps and you ready.

NEGATIVE:

If you want to use a kiosk for the beach day, you have to reserve it day before between 4 pm and 7 pm. But at 3:30 pm is a long queue for people waiting ... does not make sense ...
Food is really expensive, as well as all restaurants in Aruba, but quality is not the best.
Near to the pool, all day is a noise sound from kitchen than bother you all days, you can not here the wind or the ocean hitting the beach, you can hear a noise sound like generator.
Hotel appareance seems old but inside is not that bad.

Our building elevator was broken 1 full day, which means 7 floors with many rooms shared in 1 really slow elevator, tooks forever to get in/out floor.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First let me say that I have not been to ARUBA since 1992, and much has changed! My first trip we stayed at the LaCabana. This trip we were booked at The Holiday Inn. The birthday girl had celebrated here 10 years ago, and this is where they had suggested their guests to stay (unfortunately I was unable to make that trip...but thank God I was able to make this one). After the direct flight from EWR to ARUBA we were greeted at airport and given at least two souvenir bags a piece (I am already a bag lady, so now my collection is growing internationally ) we were directed to one of the DePalm tour buses that would transfer us to and from the Holiday Inn back to the airport for our departure. Viewing the other hotels as other vacationers were dropped off just made the anticipation to get to our destination even more exciting...not disappointed in the least. We had been informed that it was being renovated so there were no surprises there. We were greeted royally by staff and also the birthday girl and her husband were there to greet us as well.

The open lobby area was bustling with arrivals and we waited to be checked in...while waiting I enjoyed the cool refreshing lemon/orange fruit difused water in dispensers near check-in. Check-in was relatively easy, and I checked to make sure that she had my IHG number and she assured me she did. We tried to get an ocean view but were told there were no more rooms available with an ocean view. We were given a room on the second floor of the Sea Tower. The room was pretty clean and the view seemed to be close to the tennis courts.

We grabbed a bite to eat at the Beach Bar, where we encountered Hugo as our waiter...Hugo was very attentive and friendly. The wings there were pretty tasty and during happy hour you get two drinks for the price of one.

The casino was the place to be for the birthday girl...because one night as soon as she sat down she won $500. I appreciated that the machine kept paying enough to allow me to play for a while before gobbling up my money...I'd rather a contribution to myself than a donation to the casino. We had fun though. The pools looked inviting...but I never took advantage of them because the birthday girls daughter and son-in-love had rented a gorgeous house with four other couples and they had a beautiful infinity pool and the beach right across the street....so I saved my swimming for there.

Upon our return each night we would make a nightly trip to the casino...then to bed. The iguanas were my entertainment in the mornings on the balcony (there were two of us...so we really could have used another chair out there) and then our day would begin. The gift shop on the same side of the casino really carries "hard to find names gifts". They have pretty decent gifts. Venturing out across the street you will find other shops as well. We were in a very good location....various eateries...especially one of my favorites which I will review later "Tony Roma's".

Overall our stay was very comfortable, everyone was very pleasant (except one cab driver who was a little too opinionated about everything) I am definitely coming back to ARUBA and will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn...hopefully this time with a better view.

Room Tip: The Sea Tower room we were in was 7214 and we saw the covered part of the tennis court and "I...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Leesir,

Greetings from Aruba, and it was a pleasure to welcome you back. We were thrilled to hear that you had a great time with us and also celebrating your friends birthday on our Happy Island. We would like to thank you for your kind review and look forward to welcoming you back again to Aruba on your next vacation. Masha Danki.

Kind Regards,
Guest Experience Manager.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice beach. Quiet spot. met many of repeat guests. Food in dinning room and service exceptional. Area felt very safe and resort spotless. Entertainment limited but that was fine for most. Try the steak in the dinning room

• Stayed February 2014
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear D W,

Greetings from Aruba, and let us thank you for your review which is very important to us. We were thrilled to hear that you had a great restful time on your vacation and you enjoyed our beautiful beaches. We would love to welcome you back again to our Happy Island on your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Guest Experience Manager.

Holidday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!