“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   230 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #17 of 23 hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Newark, New Jersey
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I'm traveled with the DDT Group. I must say that this is the best Holiday inn I ever stayed at. The food and the hospitality was very good. I would stay there again for sure. The convenient thing is that it's close to the strip and you can walk to a numerous amount of restaurants and shopping areas.

• Stayed July 2014

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My wife and 2 kids ages 9 and 5 1/2 just got back from the Holiday Inn Aruba where we spend 6 n/7D at the resort. It was my 3rd and my wife's 5th time in Aruba. We stayed at the Westin in the past but since it closed we chose Holiday Inn because of the price and kids stay free and eat free while adults pay. The resort is wonderful the beach amazing and several pools making this an awesome vacation for us. We ate at Corals for breakfast which was good and at Sea Breeze at lunch. Food was good and the waitresses were excellent.
At dinner we ate out since we didn't have the all inclusive (not worth it IMO). Ate at Skala restaurant across the hotel in the mall on evening. TGIF's, El Gacho steakhouse, Aqua Grill, Gianni's and Smokey Joes. All 6 were good. El Gacho is a mst for steaks- awesome! aqual grill pricey but superb! Didn't get a chance to go to Driftwoods where we've been in the past. Gianni's was superb as well and Smokey Joes was good!
The staff at the Holiday Inn from the reception to the security to the restaurant staff to the cleaning ladies were all friendly towards us and nice.
One evening my daughter hurt her hand in the room with the sliding door and the manager of the resort came up and investigated what happened. Personnel was called and they applied an antibiotic to her hand and she was fine the next day. The manager spoke to us the next day to make sure she was fine. A caring and wonderful individual.
Holiday Inn might not be a 5 star glitzy hotel but it has all the amenities a hotel needs to serve its vacationers.
I've been all over the Caribbean and must say Aruba is one of the best if not the best islands to vacation on. The restaurants, the people, the sun and the beautiful beaches make it all worthwhile.
I will return to the Holiday Inn in Aruba and recommend it to anyone looking for a less expensive budget!
Thank you Holiday Inn for making our getaway fun and relaxing!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I want to give the travel agency I was travelling with a BIG 5 STARS!!!

I’ve been travelling with Dancin’ Doug Travel for 5 years and they have ALWAYS served and provided for their group(s) very well.. So this review is STRICKLY for the hotel..

Let me start by saying I LOVE ARUBA!!! of all the islands that I’ve visited, Aruba beaches are in my top 3 so far. So no matter where you stay, the beach is why you are coming to Aruba..

Now, Holiday Inn is by no means a 5-star resort, if you are looking for a nice mid to budget hotel, then this is your stop. The rooms were clean, the grounds were clean and the beach is to die for.

However, with a group that consisted with over 240 people, I just do not believe the hotel was prepared for this and normal customer service was lacking.

I expect a certain level of customer service when I travel and that is the major thing that was scarce in this hotel..

Examples:
• At breakfast we asked for water and was told it’s in the soda machine, no I’ll get it for you, no no problem just give me a minute. Rather it was pointed at and then they walked away.
• There is no freight elevator in this hotel, so you are fighting for space on the elevator with the housekeeping staff.. I’ve never been anywhere where the guest weren’t given 1st preference on the elevator, I was literally pushed aside as they ran to get on the elevator.

Food:
You won’t starve here, however the food really is not their forte
• Da Vinci Ristorante was closed during our stay so I do not know what the food was like.
• Corals Restaurant is the only spot for breakfast, so you have no choice, but I would stay away from the buffet dinner.
• Oceanside Bar & Grill, this is where I ate lunch most days, very good and enough of a variation that you can have something different every day.
• Sea Breeze Restaurant & Bar very nice for dinner, however we also had lunch here, which was good too..

For all the negative, I want to make sure to recognize those that did outstanding work. They were all at the Oceanside bar and Grill and they were a joy to work with:

• Rosa Maxwell
• Edward
• Louise
• Hamilton

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Vialet21,

Greetings, and thank you for your time to review our resort your feedback is very important to us. We will make sure to pass your comments onto our Team Associates ar our Oceanside Bar and Grill. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed Aruba and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back. Masha Danki.

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am a member of Dancin Doug Travel where we travel all arround the world on a yearly basis. I visited the Holiday Inn from 07/12 thru 07/17th. The Island is beautiful however, I was disappointed with the service I recveived at the hotel. I checked into a one bedroom that was nice but didn't receive room service untill the second to last day I was there. Every morning I had to make my own bed. Secondly, I felt like I was a crimnal. The security was not friendly at all and watched our group every move. Most resorts we have traveld to, we were able to drink in the pool. This time we were not able to drink which was a disappointment. Lastly, I was displeased with the pool hours.While on vacation there is nothing like taking a midnight dip into the jucuzzi .7pm is to early to close the pool area and there was no night life after hours.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HIResortAruba, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Keith G,

Thank you for your time to review our Resort your feedback is very important to us and rest assured we will pass them onto our Management Team. Please accept our apologies for any inconvience. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our Happy Island. Masha Danki.

New Rochelle, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

There is one person that stands out the most and the was my waitress Rosa Maxwell. If you get the chance to meet her you will have a great trip. She the best. She the only reason I will give them good service with her it would been a one.

• Stayed July 2014
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ndavis1977 ,

Greetings, and thank you for your feedback it is very important to us. We will be happy to pass your kind comments onto Rosa Maxwell and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our Happy Island. Masha Danki.

Palm Harbor, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I went to Aruba with Dancin Doug's Travel and stayed here, while the accommodations were ok, the property management was not very welcoming to our group. We were a large group that traveled from all over the United States to Aruba to have a good time. We were met with security at every juncture not allowing us to fully experience the good time that we came to have. On many occasions there were other hotel guests who joined us at our events wanting to have a good time as well, but that did not matter because the hotel would not allow us to enjoy ourselves as we could have. The presence of security and hotel management patrolling our events was not what we wanted to see. We are a large group of mature professional people, who did not deserve to be treated as children.Some of the wait staff at the Corals restaurant at breakfast time were not very pleasant at all. All in all we had a good time only because of our group. I think that the hotel should have warned us ahead of time that they were not open to us having events there.It really is too bad because Aruba is a beautiful island but this hotel is not the one to go to if you are traveling in a large group.

Room Tip: My room was in tower 6 on the 4th floor, the view from the balcony was the mall across the street, i...
Dear ms_yolondab,

Greetings, we would like to thank you fo yourr time to review our Resort your feedback is very important to us. We were happy to hear that you had a good time on our Island and our location suited you needs. Masha Danki.

McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I traveled with Dancin' Doug Travel (DDT) for our annual Summer Madness vacation. The facilities were average. I did like all of the shops that were located within the hotel. I didn't like the "upcharge" for certain items on the menus. All inclusive should be just that: all inclusive. We tried to utilize the hotel to book water excursions. The person attending to that duty was out to lunch. There was no one to assist us. I just thought that there should be someone there to assist the guests of the hotel. There should have been a replacement in place while she was out to lunch. The hallway outside our room was saturated with water. There was an attempt to clean it up, but it just made it smell really bad. The staff was nice, some of the bartenders seemed to be overwhelmed. I love Aruba, I love the beach, I love the people. I will be back but just not at this place.

Dear Paula G,

Greetings, and thank you for you time to review our resort your feedback is very important to us. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed you time in Aruba and found our location met your needs.
Masha Danki.

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba-Beach Resort & Casino

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!