I know I tend to write longer than usual reviews, but I wish I could read reviews as this one to get a better idea of where I am going to.
So I went to this hotel given the reviews I read, which as they said would be a hit or miss. First I am not sure what all the rave was about the remodeled rooms, they were Ok, but smelled pretty bad. The lobby is a nice place to be and hang out as well as the pool, and overall at the beach and I suggest you stay out of your room. This hotel does not have a room you will enjoy, but keep in mind you will pay half the price of the Marriott or Hyatt, and still enjoy the same sand, water and restaurants on the strip by the high rises.
It makes sense to stay here without an all inclusive plan, so you will not be tied down to spending a whole lot of time at this place. And instead go out in the evening to all the great restaurants across the street.
They hotel sells breakfast for $20pp full buffet, if you want to spend here go ahead, but keep in mind you can get at the little bar by the lobby a nice cappuccino and a ham and cheese croissant for $7 and at least for me it was enough, I did go to the buffet as well, but it was way too much food for me. My son and husband did eat every day at the buffet, as the manager gave us two complimentary breakfasts for every day during our stay. Unfortunately a few hours after we checked in, I was taking a shower and ready to get out, and my husband ready to get in, when suddenly two people walked into our room with a key and all were able to open our door!!!! HELP!!! I almost died, called immediately the front desk and gave them a piece of my mind, as for a worldwide chain hotel this CANNOT happen so as a way of apologizing they gave us this.
The hotel is very well located, in the heart of the hotel zone, at one side is Marriott and the other playa Linda, both great hotels as well. Across the street lots of food, from a crepe stand, to cupcakes, restaurants for all budgets, from McD’s to some nicer food.
So to end, all I have to say is that if for next year I get the same price I did this year I would go back to the Holiday Inn, if not would rather pay someone else the higher rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the beachfront Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, we've gone to great lengths to further enhance the miracle that is our island by creating a carefree getaway that truly has something for everyone. With the best location on Palm Beach, wide variety of water sports including PADI certified diving and designer shopping just across the street look no further when booking our Aruba vacation. Whether you're here for a corporate retreat, family vacation or just a little downtime you'll find refreshing accommodations, an attentive staff and a vast array of amenities and activities. The resort features free in-room Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Aruba
- Holiday Inn Palm Eagle Beach
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba
- Aruba Holiday Inn
- Palm/Eagle Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach