“Holiday Inn Resort-Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Aruba

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Aruba to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   230 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba (Formerly Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn a Free Night!
Brampton, Canada
“Holiday Inn Resort-Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort, Aruba in September 2013 and we have again booked at the Holiday Inn for Sept 29 2014. We are extremely looking forward to this next visit.
We arrived at the hotel after the flight and were greeted in the lobby by the staff and offered a refreshment while we booked in. Within half an hour of arriving we were sitting on the beach. We couldn't ask for a smoother check-in. We had an ocean front room which had been completely renovated and we didn't have one complaint the entire trip!! The staff was amazing...the rooms were great.....and the beach was beautiful. It didn't rain the entire week we were there. My only regret was that the Sea Breeze was still under construction, however, it is now open and I am looking forward to eating lunch/dinner by the ocean. We took the all inclusive as it is my personal preference, however, by no means does it mean you cannot venture out and try the amazing cuisine on the island. I have been there twice now, and the third visit is still months away.....but I absolutely love Aruba and the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I was in the ocean front rooms in the tower by the new pool....however...even the ocean view rooms o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed a week (April 7-14.2014) with my wife and her parents ,first I would like to start off with the fiasco that happened to us upon check inn, i had requested 2 rooms next to each other and with king bed, Well I was given one room with double beds and was told the other room wasn't ready because it wasn't cleaned yet, okay this roughly about just after 3 pm some time. Front desk suggested we go for lunch and comeback to front desk to see if room is ready .Off we went had lunch came back and they said room was ready ,so we went up to our surprise to find out that my in laws room was being occupied by guest who checked inn at 3 o clock, so by this point I a bit pissed, I went down stairs and complained a bit and they finally move all of us to the 7th floor of the aruba tower with 2 rooms next to each other with king beds like I originally requested before I stepped on Aruban soil. So my wifes parents who are close to their 80s got their room finally at roughly 630-700pm,this in my book is unacceptable! And front desk didn't even supply me with info on the hotel, maps, nothing I pretty much had to figure out every thing for myself. Usually every where I have gone with out me asking I was supplied with info on hotel and services, restaurant infos , maps etc... NOT HERE PEOPLE! you are on your own. The second complaint is about the smell in the hallways due to the carpet and same in rooms,I have been many places in the Caribbean and most hotels use tile and marble, Holiday inn wake up your in the Caribbean not in some big city in north America. The 3rd complaint is how staff is waking around with long sleeves and slacks ,you would think the hotel would supply clothing that's appropriate for the climate and still look professional. No one should be working with long sleeves and pants in the heat. the only air conditioning is in the buffet, stores on main floor ,probably the casino and the rooms .The rest is open concept. The fourth complaint is the surcharges on the menus, travellers be wary their are surcharges on the menu for certain items so read carefully! and for the booze ask before you order because certain booze is not included, lucky for me the waiters/waitress would usually let me know. The menus in the a la cart restaurants are bit narrow on choices, the buffet is all right, I have seen better but it serves its purpose, and not many a la cart restaurants to choose from only 2 when I was there. Not much entertainment at this resort, a guy would play sax or trumpet during dinner in the restaurant. The good points of this hotel are the grounds are well landscaped and kept very clean, lots a people cleaning regularly. The food itself was quite good every time I ate, the service was very good the staff at this hotel generally are very friendly, one person really stood out for me and my family Vivianna Cruz,i hope that's how you spell it.She served everyday with a smile to every one, very good waitress, speaking to many guest,they shared the same thoughts of vivianna! Keep up the good work Vivianna .Housekeeping was spot on all the time, the maid madelenna was excellent at her job.The rooms are very clean minus the carpets, bathrooms a bit small but okay. The beach here is clean and well organized ,the only thing I don't like is lining up to reserve your palapas for the next day at the beach .You have to start lining some times as early as 2pm,The pools and Jacuzzis are very clean lots of lounge chairs. The ocean is all ways calm and the water very warm! Overall this hotel is quite good if you can see past some of the things I mentioned.I will give this hotel a 3.5 to 4 star rating.

Room Tip: Higher floors you get better view of the beaches and pools
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ardsley, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife, our 2.5-year old daughter and I spent a week in this resort, which is a "value" type in this area. I have to say that I am quite happy with the whole experience. The location is especially good since it's close to many restaurants, making dining an easy exercise. They do require you to stand in line to reserve the hut for next day (starts 4PM, but the line starts at 3:30PM), but I just bring my ipad and watch a movie during the wait, so it wasn't a big deal.

The only complaint that I have is that the elevators on the Aruba Tower are *always* being repaired. There are two elevators and they took turns breaking down. There are also some loud banging when they were trying to fix various things. The room walls are thin so you can practically hear everything on the corridor.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevators can constantly hear the ding-dong sounds
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort and Casino. We are so glad to hear you had a great family vacation with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our elevators, rest assured the corresponding department has been informed and we are taking action to make sure this does not happen again. We hope to see you back again soon!

Warm regards from paradise,

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba- Beach Resort and Casino Management Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We visited the Holiday Inn Resort, Aruba last week. The Front Office Manager, Reinier Bunnik, Front Desk Staff and Front Doormen/ Bellmen were always polite, professional and friendly. The hotel is located right on the beach and has the best beach location on that side of the island.

The staff was very knowledgeable about local activities, attractions, and where the retail stores, restaurants and night clubs were located.

Palm Beach really came alive after sunset with neon lights and nightlife action. Whenever we returned to the hotel after dark there was always a security officer at the entrance making sure only guests were entering through the open breezeway entrance.

I can not say enough about our stay except we would definitely stay at this particular beach resort.

If the staff is able to read this, please know that Candis, Brenda and Tracey from Washington, DC had a wonderful time!!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are great and offer a partial view of the ocean
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Candis, Brenda and Tracey,

Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba and for sharing your experience with fellow travellers. We are so happy to hear you had a great time with us! Rest assured we shall pass on your kind words to Reinier Bunnik, Front Desk Staff, Front Doormen/ Bellmen and team, they shall me be more than happy to hear this!

Hope you can come back again soon, we shall be waiting for you!

Warm Regards from Aruba,

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First, let me say that our room was great. Very clean and the housekeeping service was amazing. We had a fridge in our room (nothing in it but it was good to keep water cold). Anna, the yoga instructor was fantastic. She teaches yoga M/W/F which I enjoyed.
Now that's about all I can say for this hotel.

The rest of the staff not so friendly or helpful. The restaurant service was slow and often unfriendly. There was one waitress that was helpful and acted as if she wanted to be there. The food, just so-so and if I had paid for an all-inclusive I would have been extremely upset and disappointed as there was only two main restaurants and one was the beach bar. The breakfast buffet was passable and we ended up going to Salt & Pepper a couple of times during our stay. When you sign in you get a beach towel card. You can only get one beach towel per person which I thought was ridiculous. Not to mention that when we went down at 7:40a (they open at 7:30a) there were no towels! And I went to exchange a towel at 10:30a and they didn't have any towels. He said to come back in 20-30 minutes. I thought this was ridiculous too - this is a beach resort right? You have to get in line about 3:00p every day to register for a palapa.

When we needed a cab we had to wait 5-10 minutes for one to come to pick us up instead of being at the hotel waiting for passengers which we are used to. Met another couple who said they didn't do any room renovations but just to the property and didn't see what the big deal was about the new reception area. We had the concierge (but really Pelican Nest workers) make a few reservations only to find out that they never made them so we started making them ourselves. While there we checked out other hotels where we'll stay next time we go because we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for informing us of your experience. It pains me greatly to see that you did not enjoy your visit and that we let you down with our staff service, dining experience and activity booking. I would greatly apreciate the opportunity to talk with you in person as our guest feedback is invaluable in helping us improve our services and guest experience.

If you have the time I would greatly apreciate any further details you could provide me.

I would be more than happy to call you if you could send me your telephone number or email address. You can contact me by mail at cameron.smith@ihg.com

I hope to hear back from you.

Warm regards,

Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we traveled to Aruba with our 3 teenage kids jsut after Christmas and stayed 2 weeks at this all inclusive resort. the price was good for Aruba that time of year, so for 5 people needing 2 rooms it was great value. At 1st i have to say i was less then loving the outdated decor and the age of the hotel gives it a bit of a dingy vibe but after the 1st day and we get settled in the service was great , the food was really good and that part of the Beach is the best on the whole strip i got over my 1st impression and marveled at the value. the hotel is right across from the outdoor shopping area and movie theatre so you just walk accross the road and you have so much to do. Every morning we walked to Starbucks and every other night we tried a different restaurant which were all great! our plan was all incluseive but since we were there for 2 weeks we branched out a little as the hotel menu is repetitive. i would go back with the family for sure!!

Room Tip: go with the Ocean View...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba. We are so happy to hear we were able to exceed your expectations. As of now, all of our resort has been completely remodelled, we are now featuring new pools, rooms, front desk and restaurants for our guests to enjoy a refreshed and modern resort in beautiful Palm Beach, Aruba!

Hope to see you again soon so you can enjoy all our new facilities!

Warm regards from paradise,

Waltham, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked a trip for my family-me, my husband, daugher 11 & son 13 along with my sister in law and her family(infant) and my mother & father in law-9 of us total. I was reluctant to book at the Holiday Inn after reading many reviews but decided to go for it based on the renovations. We were promised that the renovations would be complete by our arrival date of Dec. 19. I called the hotel many times to confirm this and was assured all would be complete, the website even stated it would be done!
Upon arrival, we pulled up to a construction site-the taxi driver wasn't even sure where to drop us off. I was a bit discouraged. We entered the new lobby where there was much confusion. New furniture was stacked and still covered and there was plastering and painting still going on and the lobby bar was not complete. We were told our rooms were not ready, which was fine-we went by the pool to have lunch and was more than discouraged to see that the new restaurant and pool bar were still under construction. WE WERE PROMISED THESE WOULD BE DONE!!! The outdoor restaurant opened the day before we were leaving and the new beach bar never opened-nor did the lobby bar. I wouldn't have been so upset if I hadn't been told that all construcation would surely be done. I also felt awful because I was the one responsible for booking this family trip and assured the family construction would be done.
When we checked in we were told to leave our bags and they would be brought to our room--they told us our room numbers-we were to be on the fifth floor in the middle tower. Renaldo assured us he would take good care of our luggage--and he did. Renaldo is the best. When i went back to get our keys they gave me different rooms. When we got to our rooms there was no luggage-they went to the rooms we were orginally assigned. The rooms they sent us to were overlooking the construcation site. I once again felt awful being the one who booked the trip. I went to the desk and told them I wanted the room we were originally assigned. She agreed. We got to our rooms and my in-laws walked in to an occupied room. After lots of going back and forth they were told they would have to stay in the other tower(overlooking the construction site) for a few nights. This really frustrated me as I had emailed the hotel a week before our arrival stating that we must be near eachother as my father in law was just being released from the hospital due to some unexpected health issues. After one night they moved my inlaws to the same tower but different floor. On the second night they gave them a room on the same floor but when they went in, the room was not made up and the housekeeping manager told them they could not have that room. After more going back and forth they were finally able to settle in...AFTER THREE DAYS!!! This was exhausting for them. After all the confusion we decided to make the best of it. We loved the beach at the Holiday Inn-one of the best in our opinion. The pools were also great. The staff was wonderful, always cleaning and willing to help with anything. The rooms were nice-very clean. Not a five start but a great family resort. We never ate at the hotel because we do not like buffets and the other restaurants weren't open(this was tough on my father in law as it was tough for him to get around). We went food shopping at lings and got some meats & cheese (Boars Head!) and breads and made sandwiches for lunch. We also bought beer and the ingredients for rum punch. This saved us a ton over the week! Two of our favorite places to eat were Smokey Joes-right across the street and Madame Jeannettes. Renaldo was great about getting us taxis. Did I mentiion we love Renaldo!!! We also loved the Brat stand on the beach at Playa Linda-great breakfast sandwiches for under $5 and lunch for $5--we highly recommend it. There is a dunkin donuts right next to it so you can get your coffee there. We all went on the sunset pirate cruise and had a great time. We also went on the catamaran snorkling trip and parasailing. I wish there was some type of entertainment at the hotel...there was none...except a Zoomba class by the pool on some days. The pools were great and the ocean is spectacular. My inlaws wake up early and were able to get us a cabana every day. We did wait in line for a palapa every day-kind of a pain but not too bad. I did go to the spa with my sister in law and was very pleased with the service! The location of the Holiday Inn is awsome-close to so many things. It was great to walk along the beach in both directions or explore the great shops nearby. This was our 3rd time to Aruba and definitely not our last. This was our first stay at the Holiday Inn and I would possibly give the it another try...if I could convince the rest family to do so.

Room Tip: I would recommend the middle tower (forget the name).
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Holiday Inn Resort aruba and thank you again for your visit. Our apologies in regards to the shortcoming you experienced in the check in process and the resulting confusion with your room type. Your feedback is invaluable and we have discussed the incident with the team already. I shall pass on your kind words to Renaldo, I am sure he will be more than happy to hear them! I understand you enjoyed the hotel pools and beach and other services which is indeed gratifying.
Our renovation is now complete and all our facilities are up and running, including a new list of fun and original activities for our guests to enjoy. We did experience some unexpected delays over the holiday month of december, and we apologise once again for the inconvenience Should you ever be in the area again - please pass by it would be a pleasure to see you again.

Yours Sincerely,

Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Management Team

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Aruba? Share your experiences!